Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:08:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)  (Read 9743 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: June 20, 2014, 05:34:05 AM »

Hm, lemme guess... Red: Democrats, Blue: Republicans?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

When can we expect a results of phase one?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:30:33 AM »

As I was reading all the messages again, I realized that I don't have France's moves for this turn, which means we will wait until Dr. Cynic send them. Sorry for the setback!

Or it's an early version of drôle de guerre Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »

I must confess, now I'm kinda tempted to declare war on France Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »

Nope. I'm at war with Britain, but not France.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2014, 01:03:09 PM by Abdul the Red »

Ah, this is a plot aimed at taking over France and break the French-Ottoman partnership Tongue Wink

Well, Windjammer was controlling both Germany and AH for some time, so it's not like there's no precedent. Another possibility is Windjammer playing as France for this turn, since AH is not involved in the war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »

Ah, this is a plot aimed at taking over France and break the French-Ottoman partnership Tongue Wink

Well, Windjammer was controlling both Germany and AH for some time, so it's not like there's no precedent. Another possibility is Windjammer playing as France for this turn, since AH is not involved in the war.

Actually I'd keep France out of the war against you Wink I'm friendly when I'm not the UK! Smiley

Yes, you're certainly a very friendly fellow, when not at 10 Downing Street Wink

Seriously, I think everybody are quite eager to see the results, so you might have offered the most practical solution.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:06 AM »

I shall make my moves upon finishing consulting with my allies and reviewing the overall strategic position.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »

Recall that there is also an overwhelming number of Italian and American troops present to support the German-led invasion

And I speak once again as Assistant GM:
Oh come on, the italian army was weak during this period. Their entry into WW1 basically changed nothing for the Triple Alliance.
And for the USA, remember, this is 1905, not 2005, the USA isn't a major military power.

And Llumine, well, I understand more what you wanted to do, even if I remain sceptical, remember this can"t be 1940. The Germans aren't attacking France by Belgian, so this is impossible France collapses so quickly.

In all fairness, I've made the Italian army much stronger than it was in OTL. This is alternate history - things can change at will.

Indeed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 11:24:44 AM by Abdul the Red »

Guys, could you stop with the RL arguments? Since he took over the United States, Clarence had been enlarging it's army and naval potential.

Windjammer, if you want to use this card, we can also say that you weren't able to reform the Austria-Hungary "because it was a total mess in RL", and, frankly, reforming such a troubled country as AH was in RL would be more difficult than building up US military.

But it's diffrent reality. I don't remember anybody ever objecting to Lumine's report of the Ottoman Empire making constant progress because "it sucked in RL".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »

I'd say Lumine has made his choice, Germany has won some battles in the initial phase war of the war, which doesn't have to mean really much. There was no talk of France completely destroyed, a look on the map proves that I didn't even get out of Lorraine, I'm at most at the Champagne border!
And This is as unlikely as you say - remember 1871, when Germany easily got to Paris, without even a centralized army and without most of southern Germany? The French and German army were about even for about ever, otherwise there couldn't have existed such a long, equal rivalry, as the stronger power would have tried (successfully) to significantly weak the other. Plus that I retreaded a bit to the east wasn't entirely bad, too, as the German armies fought down the Vosges and there were not huge frontier fortifications as on the OTL border.
Germant managed to win in 1870 because Bismarck was a perfect bad ass and that France made a lot of mistakes.

Guys, could you stop with the RL arguments? Since he took over the United States, Clarence had been enlarging it's army and naval potential.
That"s not enough to consider that the USA is a major military power.

Guys, you make be good players, but in only 4 years, you can't make miracles.

Well, you never had such qualms when "miracles" were working on your favor Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »

I'd say Lumine has made his choice, Germany has won some battles in the initial phase war of the war, which doesn't have to mean really much. There was no talk of France completely destroyed, a look on the map proves that I didn't even get out of Lorraine, I'm at most at the Champagne border!
And This is as unlikely as you say - remember 1871, when Germany easily got to Paris, without even a centralized army and without most of southern Germany? The French and German army were about even for about ever, otherwise there couldn't have existed such a long, equal rivalry, as the stronger power would have tried (successfully) to significantly weak the other. Plus that I retreaded a bit to the east wasn't entirely bad, too, as the German armies fought down the Vosges and there were not huge frontier fortifications as on the OTL border.
Germant managed to win in 1870 because Bismarck was a perfect bad ass and that France made a lot of mistakes.

Well, you never had such qualms when "miracles" were working on your favor Roll Eyes

What do you mean?

One may argue that recovery of the Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire are not very realistic too, but I don't remember you ever objecting to that. To the contrary, you were very confident.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »

What do you mean?

One may argue that recovery of the Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire are not very realistic too, but I don't remember you ever objecting to that. To the contrary, you were very confident.

There is a difference between "recovering" and becoming a major power.

The United States already had a strong fundamentals to build on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:30 AM »

It sorrows me gravely, but the Ottoman Empire must honor our sacred commitments toward our allies, just as they honor their commitments toward us. Thereby, we declare the state of war exists between the Ottoman Empire and the French Republic.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

Propaganda themes:

- It's time to avenge the British agression in 1901.
- Exploit the Sack of Mecca and previous British misdeeds, such as the opium scandal, throught the Empire and the Muslim world.
- Emphasize the Muslim unity; together we shall liberate the Holy Land from heathen opressors and avenge the grave insult to our faith.
- An enthusiastic welcome our troops has received in Palestine only confirms a rotten nature of the crumbling British imperialism. The New World is rising.
- Remind a remarkable progress that has been make during the last years to transform the Ottoman Empire from an old, antiquate Empire into a strong, modern power.
- Ibn Saud is a traitor, a British lapdog, and shall pay for betraying his fellow Muslims with his head.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »

Propaganda themes:

- It's time to avenge the British agression in 1901.
- Exploit the Sack of Mecca and previous British misdeeds, such as the opium scandal, throught the Empire and the Muslim world.
- Emphasize the Muslim unity; together we shall liberate the Holy Land from heathen opressors and avenge the grave insult to our faith.
- An enthusiastic welcome our troops has received in Palestine only confirms a rotten nature of the crumbling British imperialism. The New World is rising.
- Remind a remarkable progress that has been make during the last years to transform the Ottoman Empire from an old, antiquate Empire into a strong, modern power.
- Ibn Saud is a traitor, a British lapdog, and shall pay for betraying his fellow Muslims with his head.

I shall use this piece to draw the Shiite Persians into the war on my side  as they fear further Ottoman-Sunni encroachment Wink

And I shall remind them that insulted and desacrated Mecca is as important for them, as for every Muslim, regardless of differences Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »

I'm a teensy bit skeptical over the fact that the Germans broke through the Maginot Line so fast, which in OTL would have been impossible and is why they invaded Belgium, but I accept the results all the same. After all, while Germany made gains in Europe, they fumbled in Togo, Nabimia, and Cameroon (let's not talk about Tanzania Smiley )

There was a Maginot Line in 1905?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »

I'm a teensy bit skeptical over the fact that the Germans broke through the Maginot Line so fast, which in OTL would have been impossible and is why they invaded Belgium, but I accept the results all the same. After all, while Germany made gains in Europe, they fumbled in Togo, Nabimia, and Cameroon (let's not talk about Tanzania Smiley )

There was a Maginot Line in 1905?

Oops. Tongue

I'm so stupid, I just looked it up. Roll Eyes

Well, I remember thinking back in 1901 that I actually already have Berlin-Baghdad railroad, lol Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »

So I speak as the AHU player this time Tongue.

AHU will stay neutral.

The Ottoman Empire is dissapointed with the AHU failure to aid their allies in time of great need. We shall think of revising our, until now, very close relations.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »

So I speak as the AHU player this time Tongue.

AHU will stay neutral.

The Ottoman Empire is dissapointed with the AHU failure to aid their allies in time of great need. We shall think of revising our, until now, very close relations.

Roll Eyes  because it's not like you're one of the attackers or anything Wink

Well, the British Empire accusing anyone of being an "attacker" is rich, given their record Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 01:22:21 PM »

Shall I do France again?

If so, one of the advantages besides technology and population I have over the others is coordination, seeing as I'm facing so many different countries I think I need this Wink

Please do, Spamage! I now have the orders from Germany, the Ottoman Empire and the United States, which means I still need Italy, Japan and France-Britain. My tentative limit is tomorrow in the afternoon so I can have the results tomorrow night (as I explained in the other game, I'm finally having enough time to deal with btoh games). I also plan to establish some time limits in order to make this run more smooth.

That is a marvelous idea!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies