Brownback weighs in...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:08:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Brownback weighs in...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Brownback weighs in...  (Read 6529 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005, 11:45:48 PM »

That's a cheap shot!  It was one of your royals, afterall, that was seen sporting the lastest in Nazi regalia at a party.

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

Semi-Retired Al is throwing out the obligatory Nazi reference on Brownback, simply because he is a Republican.  If he wants to play fast and loose with the facts, then I can join in the smear campaign and claim that Prince Harry is a Nazi due to his wearing of a Nazi uniform at a party.   

Do I believe the prince is a Nazi? No, of course not!  Am I getting tired of hearing liberals, American or otherwise, insinuating that every Republican is a Nazi, simply because they hold diferent views? Absolutely!

Except Al thinks Prince Harry is an idiot and called him so after that incident.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005, 11:56:47 PM »

I don't think that the Prince is an idiot, at least not over a costume worn at (surprise) a costume party.  I see kids wearing Che shirts all of the time, and they don't have the slightest idea who the hell he was nor what he stood for.   While I find it distasteful, I don't think that they are idiots, they're simply kids who need to actually read up on history, rather than getting the cliched celebrity driven version from MTV .
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »

I don't think that the Prince is an idiot, at least not over a costume worn at (surprise) a costume party.  I see kids wearing Che shirts all of the time, and they don't have the slightest idea who the hell he was nor what he stood for.   While I find it distasteful, I don't think that they are idiots, they're simply kids who need to actually read up on history, rather than getting the cliched celebrity driven version from MTV .

I completely agree.  Though I should probably add that a lot of the time these 'idiot' kids are actually dressing up like Nazis or Commies or whatever more as an ironic kinda "hey look at me, I'm a Nazi and I'm meant to be looking like an idiot" joke.

Not that any of that matters.  Let's get back to Brownback before this thread collapses.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 11:35:25 AM »

Brownback and Santorum have their own "special" wing of the Republican Party. Not quite in the Ashcroft/Moore wing, and nowehere near the Robertson/Falwell wing, but also not in the Bush/Frist wing.
What exactly is the difference between all these religious fanatic wings?

The level of theocracy they want to implement. Rev. Robertson and Falwell want a full theocracy with Christianity as the state religion, Aschcroft and Moore want a mild theocracy, maintaining much of the constitution, but passing laws that cover moral issues, Brownback and Santorum are just right wingers who believe in minor restrictions in personal rights.

Well that is helpful.  And which of the three do you support?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 03:47:33 PM »

Well that is helpful.  And which of the three do you support?

The moderate theocrats (Ashcroft/Moore) most of the time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies