British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014  (Read 6110 times)
DL
Canada

« on: July 15, 2014, 07:14:39 AM »

A few years ago Christy Clark wanted to be the NPA candidate for mayor of Vancouver. She lost the nomination. The NPA is still very much a farm team for the BC Liberals. Gregor Robertson was an NDP mla before being elected mayor for Vision Vancouver.
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »

Gregor Roberston might be a federal Liberal though. At least he has been rumoured to run for the Libs.

Apparently he came very close to running for the BC NDP leadership this year too. I get the impression that he is a bit of a left-of-centre opportunist who will run for whichever party he thinks is better positioned to win. But the fact that he is running for re-election as mayor of Vancouver in the fall of 2014 suggests he would not quit and run federally less than a year later.
DL
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »

Surrey has a gigantic indo-Canadian population and I wonder if they are adequately represented in an online panel...that could underestimate support for Rasode.
DL
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2014, 10:45:57 AM by DL »

Is it safe to say that Hepner is the left wing candidate, McCallum the right wing candidate, and Rasode is more... populist?

I'm not so sure about that. I thought I had read that Heppner AND McCallum were rightwing candidates with Conservative party ties and that Rasode was backed by NDPers and a lot of Liberals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies