British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:16:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British Columbia Municipal Elections 2014  (Read 6101 times)
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« on: September 04, 2014, 07:16:17 AM »

Meena Wong, Former NDP Candidate in Vancouver South is seeking the COPE Mayoral nomination
Would that not be considered a good candidate for COPE, given their recent tilt to the fringe/hard-ish left? Any chance they could win a council seat? I don't see any recognizable names running for the nomination, other then Tim Louis

http://www.straight.com/news/720666/meena-wong-runs-cope-mayoral-nomination

lilTommy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »

Well, it would appear that Gregor has it.

I don't see how the NPA have gained any traction. They've said only a few substantive things, they aren't running a terribly well oiled operation, and they've said a few not terribly well placed things as well. 

Wong hasn't done very much to help them.

As for elsewhere, Corrigan is probably going to coast to victory, despite my distaste for him. 

Surrey is an interesting race. I haven't been on the ground, but it's three way race to succeed Watts. There have been some rather vicious false-flag videos going around the internet trying to seem like they're from McCallum

Elections are Tomorrow.
In Vancouver; what would be NPA's core vote, what can they expect in support with as you mentioned running on nothing and running terribly at that?
COPE is running a strong-ish candidate and has come out with a number of big bold pieces, albeit controversial as well, can we expect COPE's Wong to take a significant bite out of VV? Are they scene as enough of a threat to attract moderate NPA votes. Is there any expectation that COPE will recover from 2011 poor showing? NPA expecting to do worse?
lilTommy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »

Well, it would appear that Gregor has it.

I don't see how the NPA have gained any traction. They've said only a few substantive things, they aren't running a terribly well oiled operation, and they've said a few not terribly well placed things as well. 

Wong hasn't done very much to help them.

As for elsewhere, Corrigan is probably going to coast to victory, despite my distaste for him. 

Surrey is an interesting race. I haven't been on the ground, but it's three way race to succeed Watts. There have been some rather vicious false-flag videos going around the internet trying to seem like they're from McCallum

Elections are Tomorrow.
In Vancouver; what would be NPA's core vote, what can they expect in support with as you mentioned running on nothing and running terribly at that?
COPE is running a strong-ish candidate and has come out with a number of big bold pieces, albeit controversial as well, can we expect COPE's Wong to take a significant bite out of VV? Are they scene as enough of a threat to attract moderate NPA votes. Is there any expectation that COPE will recover from 2011 poor showing? NPA expecting to do worse?

Elections are not tomorrow, they're on the 15th.

Thanks! sorry about that, I just saw a post that said tmr... my bad

Any other races to note? Victoria?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies