Windjammer senators vote ratings (foreign scores and activity scores revealed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Windjammer senators vote ratings (foreign scores and activity scores revealed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Windjammer senators vote ratings (foreign scores and activity scores revealed)  (Read 5031 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
« edited: July 20, 2014, 08:41:54 AM by VP windjammer »

sorry for being late, I worked today Tongue.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A vote is now open.
Please senators, vote AYE, NAY or Abstain.

The results of the vote:
Aye (7): Senator Goldwater, Senator bore, Senator shua, Senator Tyrion, Senator DC, Senator Griffin, Senator North Carolina Yankee
Nay (1): Senator TNF
Abstain (1): Senator Alfred Jones
Non Voting (1): Senator Lumine

This amendment passes.
I, Windjammer, certify these results are accurate.

I consider this amendment as FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE.
Goldwater, bore, shua, tyrion, dc, griffin, yankee get 0.
Alfred gets 0.5 point
TNF gets 1 point
Lumine has failed to vote in time.

Don't you have this backwards? I thought you just said higher scores were more fiscally conservative? Why does voting against the amendment increase your score?

Ooops, I made a mistake. I will correct that. Thanks for having seen that Goldwater. (TNF gets 0, the 7 senator het 1 point)

-----------------------
Quote from: Restricted

Aye (3): Senator Goldwater, Senator DC, Senator North Carolina Yankee
Nay (4): Senator TNF, Senator Tyrion, Senator Griffin, Senator bore
Not Voting (3): Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator shua, Senator Lumine

This amendment fails.

I consider this amendment as FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE.
Goldwater, DC and Yankee get 1 point.
TNF, Tyrion, Griffin and bore get 0 point.
Alfred, shua and Lumine missed the vote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 07:47:32 AM »

2. A Section 5 shall be added to F.L. 52-12 to read:

Aye (5): Senator shua, Senator bore, Senator TNF, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Goldwater
Nay (1): Senator Tyrion
Abstain (1): Senator Alfred F Jones
Non Voting (3): Senator DC, Senator Griffin, Senator Lumine

This bill passes.

[/quote]

I don't know how to consider this amendment.
So this vote will just serve for my activity score.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2014, 05:56:30 AM »

This has enough votes to pass. And no vote on the negative. So I don't have to respect the "24 hour vote change".

So the results of the vote:

Aye (Cool: Senator TNF, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Griffin, Senator bore, Senator Goldwater, Senator Lumine, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator Tyrion
Nay (0):
Non voting: Senator shua, Senator DC

This bill passes.

I, Windjammer, President of the Senate, certify these results are accurate.

(Senator DC and Senator shua, you have until July 24, 2014, 08:15:21 am  if you want your vote to be counted in my Windjammer senate ratings)

Senator TNF's amendment has been adopted.
Aye (7): Senator Tyrion, Senator Alfred, Senator Lumine, Senator Goldwater, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator TNF, Senator bore
Abstain (1): Senator Griffin
No voting (2): Senator shua, Senator DC

These votes will just serve for my activity score, since every senator agrees.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2014, 11:39:29 AM by VP windjammer »

Current Foreign policy scores

Senators   Score
TNF           100
Adam G.   100
Tyrion   87,5
BORE      75
shua     42,9
Alfred    37,5
DC         8,3
Lumine   8,3
Goldwater   7,1
Yankee   6,3

Senators   Score
TNF      100
Adam G.   100
Tyrion   87,5
BORE     75
shua     50
Alfred           37,5
DC        15,6
Yankee   6,3
Goldwater   6,3
Lumine   6,3

Yep, I know, I could have waited the result of the Ukrainian bill vote, but I was really excited to do that. The first scores represent the "pure" foreign policy scores. The second scores represent the "more accurate foreign policy scores" (that means that if the senator has missed the vote, I have replaced "Non Voting", by "Aye or Nay or Abstain" (given his ideology).

The current senate is composed by:
-2 hardcore foreign libertarians: Adam and TNF.
-2 hardcore foreign hawks: Goldwater and Lumine
-2 lean/likely foreign libertarians (more moderate than Adam and TNF, but still more isolationnist than interventionnist): Bore and Tyrion
-2 lean/likely foreign hawks: DC and Yankee (even if he has a lowscore, Yankee always says "reluctantly Nay or Aye", so fairly, he's more in the DC territory.
- 2 swing vote: Alfred and shua. They have always sided with the "winning" side every time. Alfred has the power to kill or pass every foreign bill he wants, he's the most powerful senator for the foreign bills (YEP Alfie, you can put that in your signature, that's my intention Tongue). And shua as well. The only time where shua and Alfred disagreed, it was simply a tie.
Bore is probably the swing vote for the veto override.

This senate is probably the most interventionnist senate since a long time. They managed to pass the repeal of a bill that passed 9-0 few years ago: the actual end of Imperialism Act (and DemPGH vetoed it).

What is interesting to see is that the divide Labor/Federalist exists not only for economic issues, but for foreign issues as well. Every Labor senator is more foreign libertarian than any federalist senator.

Shua, the current DR senator, has a surprising moderate score on foreign issues. I mean, the D R party is the party that is extremely libertarian on every issue.

What is interesting to see is that the Federalist Party seems to have FULLY embraced neoconservatism since the split between D-R and the Federalists. They were before more a "big tent party" in regards of foreign issues. Indeed, Tmthforu and Maxwell (two former federalist chairman, and two former federalist senators) were well known for being quite libertarian on foreign issues. If I recall correctly, they both voted for the end of conscription for instance.

---------------------------------------------
The activity scores

Yankee   100
TNF      100
BORE      100
Tyrion   100
Goldwater   93,75
Alfred           87,5
DC        81,25
Adam G.   81,25
shua     68,75 (93,75)
Lumine       62,5 (100)

Well, I'm quite happy with the current senate. Senators are mostly active and they don't miss often the votes. For shua and Lumine, they were on leave of absence, the score in () is the score they would have got without the leave of absence.

There is a big divide between old senators/new senators. Yankee, TNF, bore and Ttyrion are the four oldest senators, and they are the four most active senators.

There is a bid divide between Regional senators/At Large senators. Yankee, TNF, bore and Tyrion, the four who have never missed a vote, are all regional senators.

I will try to do some other things for the activity score (number of amendments a senator has proposed, number of bills a senator has proposed,...)

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

Well, that's my first analysis.

Any suggestion will be welcome. But PLEASE, be nice with me, this is still the "beta test". That's the first time I do that! Thanks for your understanding
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »

The results of the vote:
Aye (2): Senator bore, Senator Lumine
Nay (5): Senator TNF, Senator Tyrion, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator Griffin, Senator Goldwater
Non voting (3): Senator DC, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator shua

This amendment fails.
I, Windjammer, president of the senate, certify these results are accurate.

(for the senators who missed the vote, you have until July, 27,2014,10:59:52 am to vote if you want your vote to be counted in my windjammer senate ratings.

Considering this is "game reform", I will use this vote just for my activity score.

-------------------------------

The results of the vote:
Aye (4): Senator Griffin, Senator TNF, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator bore
Nay (4): Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Lumine, Senator Goldwater, Senator DC
Abstain (1): Senator Tyrion
Non Voting (1): Senator shua

This amendment fails.

Senator shua, you have until  July,27 2014, 11:01:09 am to vote if you want your voteto be counted in mywindjammer senate ratings.
I consider this amendment as "fiscally progressive":
Adam, TNF, Alfred and bore get 0.
Yankee, Lumine, Goldwater and Lumine get 3points.
Tyrion gets 1.5 points.
Shua has missed the vote

------------------------------

The results of the vote:
Aye (3): Senator TNF, Senator Griffin, Senator bore
Nay (2): Senator DC, Senator Lumine
Abstain (4): Senator Goldwater, Senator Tyrion, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator North Carolina Yankee

This bill passes.
I, Windjammer, President of the senate, certify these results are accurate.

I consider this bill as socially progressive.
TNF, Adam and Bore get 3 points.
DC and Lumine get 0.
Goldwater, Tyrion, Yankee, Alfred get 1.5 point.
Shua has missed the vote.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »

(I was forced to split the message)

The results of the vote:
Aye (5): Senator TNF, Senator bore, Senator Griffin, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator Tyrion
Nay (3):Senator Goldwater, Senator Lumine, Senator DC
Abstain (1): Senator North Carolina Yankee

This bill passes.

I consider this bill as fiscally progressive.
TNF, bore, Adam, Tyrion and Alfred get 0 point.
Goldwater, Lumine and DC get 3 points.
Yankee gets 1.5 points.
Shua has missed the vote.

-------------------------------

The results of the vote:
Aye (7): Senator Lumine, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator bore, Senator Goldwater, Senator Griffin,  Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator Tyrion
Nay (2): Senator TNF, Senator DC

This bill passes.

Senator shua,
You have until July 27, 2014, 02:07:46 am to vote if you want your vote to be counted in my Windjammer senate ratings.

I consider this bill as hawkish.
Yankee, Adam, Alfred, Tyrion, bore, Lumine, Goldwater get 0 point.
TNF and DC get 2 points. (DemPGH has said he will redraft that).
Shua has missed the vote

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2014, 02:00:59 AM »

Windjammer, I just want to reiterate how valuable this is. This is absolutely fantastic, and I really appreciate all the work you do in the Senate, including this.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

Windjammer, I just want to reiterate how valuable this is. This is absolutely fantastic, and I really appreciate all the work you do in the Senate, including this.
Thank you Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »

This has enough votes to pass, and since every one agrees, I don't have to say "24 hours to change your vote".

The results of the vote:
Aye (7):Senator Tyrion, Senator bore, Senator Lumine, Senator Goldwater, Senator TNF, Senator North Carolina Yankee
Non voting (2):Senator Alfred, Senator DC

This bill passes.

Since everybody agreed,
This will be just used for my activity score.

I will soon post something about former senator shua.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »

What is interesting to see is that the Federalist Party seems to have FULLY embraced neoconservatism since the split between D-R and the Federalists. They were before more a "big tent party" in regards of foreign issues. Indeed, Tmthforu and Maxwell (two former federalist chairman, and two former federalist senators) were well known for being quite libertarian on foreign issues. If I recall correctly, they both voted for the end of conscription for instance.

A big part of the difference is who is active versus who is not. Many of the more libertarian voices are less active now then they use to be, whereas Lumine and a few others are really on fire right now and hence the difference. But I wouldn't say the Party has fully embraced neoconservatism simply because it opposes some of the policies that have come through that have really shoved the goal posts in a particular direction, so much so that even shua is not even considered a libertarian on foreign policy as your data exemplifies.

As for my low score, it is largely because we have already passed most of the stuff I support that would in real life make me a moderate on the issue. I oppose the draft, but prefer to keep it as an option for extroadinary circumstances tied to a high passage threshold, so basically what we presently have as policy. I also voted for the End to Imperialism Act back when it first came up, but wanted some aspects of the text scaled back this time and thus I voted for the repeal on the understanding that DemPGH was going to redraft it in just that direction, though he later did change his mind. Tongue I also voted for some earlier rounds of spending cuts to the defense budget to cut out some of the excess, but at this point I would not support going further for fear of severely hampering our capabilities.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »

Yep Yankee, that's why I have said you were more in the DC territory than a pure hawk. Tongue
I mean, you always vote (on foreign issues) reluctantly, but my Windjammer tracker cannot take "reluctantly" vote into account Tongue.

Well, this case is interesting because I believe this bill is at the same "economical" and "social". Although it seems this much more "social". People can support this bill for 2 reasons:
-socially: transgenders shouldn't be encouraged blabla
-economically: we need to cut our spending.

I believe the support of this bill is more economical than social.
So I consider this bill as FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE AND SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE

So:
Senator Goldwater gets 0 point for his social score (maximum 1), and 2 points for his economic score (maximum 2)
The 7 senators that voted nay: 1 point for their social score, and 0 point for their economic score. 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »

A big part of the difference is who is active versus who is not. Many of the more libertarian voices are less active now then they use to be, whereas Lumine and a few others are really on fire right now and hence the difference. But I wouldn't say the Party has fully embraced neoconservatism simply because it opposes some of the policies that have come through that have really shoved the goal posts in a particular direction, so much so that even shua is not even considered a libertarian on foreign policy as your data exemplifies.

As for my low score, it is largely because we have already passed most of the stuff I support that would in real life make me a moderate on the issue. I oppose the draft, but prefer to keep it as an option for extroadinary circumstances tied to a high passage threshold, so basically what we presently have as policy. I also voted for the End to Imperialism Act back when it first came up, but wanted some aspects of the text scaled back this time and thus I voted for the repeal on the understanding that DemPGH was going to redraft it in just that direction, though he later did change his mind. Tongue I also voted for some earlier rounds of spending cuts to the defense budget to cut out some of the excess, but at this point I would not support going further for fear of severely hampering our capabilities.

Yes the neocons are a bit ascendant at the moment. But the party's neocons are being held in check by the Christian Just War Doctrine (or much of its precepts) being part of the party's foreign policy platform. Both sides of the party had say in the issue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

This has enough votes to pass.

Aye (Cool: Senator Tyrion, Senator TNF, Senator Alfred, Senator Goldwater, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator bore, Senator Lumine, Senator Griffin
Non voting (1): Senator DC

This bill passes.

Shall DemPGH sign that?
I'm not sure?

Just for the activity score.

Not surprising JCL, considering the DR-Feds split!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

Well, since there are only 8 senators (lol).
This has enough votes to fail.

The results of the vote:
Aye (2): Senator Lumine, Senator North Carolina Yankee
Nay (5): Senator TNF, Senator Alfred F. Jones, Senator Griffin, Senator Tyrion, Senator bore
Non voting (1): Senator Goldwater

This amendment fails.

I consider this amendment as socially conservative.
Lumine and Yankee get 0.
TNF, Alfred, Tyrion, Bore and Adam get 1 point.
Goldwater has missed the vote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »

This has enough votes to pass. And since there is no opposition, no need of the 24 hour vote change.

The results of the vote:
Aye (6): Senator bore, Senator TNF, Senator Goldwater, Senator Lumine, Senator Tyrion; Senator North Carolina Yankee
Non voting (2): Senator Griffin, Senator Alfred F. Jones

This bill passes.

(Senator Griffin and Senator Alfred, don't forget to vote FTR if you want to keep a good activity score Tongue)

Since every senator agrees, just for my activity score.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2014, 03:44:45 PM »

The results of the vote:

Aye (6): Senator Lumine, Senator bore, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Alfred, Senator Goldwater, Senator Tyrion
Nay (1): Senator TNF
Non voting (1): Senator Griffin

President DemPGH's redraft passes.

[/quote]

TNF: 1
Lumine, Tyrion, bore, Alfred, Goldwater, Yankee: 0
Adam has missed the vote
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »

*puts on foreign policy hat and invades North Korea*
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2014, 05:25:42 PM »

The results of the vote:
Aye (2): Senator bore, Senator TNF
Nay (2): Senator Tyrion, Senator Lumine
Abstain (5): Senator Goldwater, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Alfred  F. Jones, Senator Spiral, Senator Cynic

This amendment has failed to pass the senate.

Bore and TNF get 3 points.
Tyrion and Lumine get 0 point.
Goldwater, Yankee, Alfred, Spiral and Cynic get 1.5 points.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:58 AM »

Sorry for the delay.
A vote is now open. Please senators, vote AYE, NAY or Abstain

The results of the vote:
Aye (5): Senator Lumine, Senator bore, Senator Goldwater, Senator North Carolina Yankee, Senator Spiral
Nay (2): Senator Cynic, Senator Alfred
Abstain (1): Senator Tyrion
Non voting (1): Senator TNF

This amendment passes.

[/quote]

Lumine, bore, Goldwater, Spiral, Yankee get 1 point.
Tyrion gets 0.5.
Cynic and Alfred get 0.
TNF has missed the vote
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »

Which scale does that amendment effect? Economics?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies