Tulsa vs. Oklahoma City (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Tulsa vs. Oklahoma City (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where would you rather live?
Tulsa

OKC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Tulsa vs. Oklahoma City  (Read 3162 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:38 AM »

I'm sure both have at least a few decent neighborhoods, which is far more important than the overall city. My hometown is mostly ghetto wasteland, but it makes no difference to me because I make my home in the 38120, with the college educated white people.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:07:04 AM »

I'm sure both have at least a few decent neighborhoods, which is far more important than the overall city. My hometown is mostly ghetto wasteland, but it makes no difference to me because I make my home in the 38120, with the college educated white people.

Well, glad you have your priorities straight.
Tell me about the demographics of your neighborhood. At least I'm honest with myself and others about where I live. Just about everybody everywhere clusters around those who are similar to them. It's pretty dumb to put your fingers in your ears and pretend otherwise. And I suspect in my mostly white neighborhood we still have more minorities than anywhere in Ohio minus Cuyahoga County. If you want to go dodge bullets in North Memphis or East Cleveland, you're more than welcome to. I strongly doubt you will.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »

Well, glad you have your priorities straight.
Tell me about the demographics of your neighborhood. At least I'm honest with myself and others about where I live. Just about everybody everywhere clusters around those who are similar to them. It's pretty dumb to put your fingers in your ears and pretend otherwise. And I suspect in my mostly white neighborhood we still have more minorities than anywhere in Ohio minus Cuyahoga County. If you want to go dodge bullets in North Memphis or East Cleveland, you're more than welcome to. I strongly doubt you will.

No, I don't claim to live in the hood. Never have. The difference is I don't automatically corrolate the presence of black as the presence of uneducated trolls as you apparently do.
Care to name some predominently black neighborhoods that you would consider living in? Sounds to me like you strongly prefer to live in a white neighborhood also but are in denial about that preference. And then you go on to judge those who share that preference. You're certainly not the only one.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »

A quarter??? That's what passes for a "black" environment in Ohio? And it's not even there yet? What you're describing is a white cocoon. I don't think a single one of the 30 something public high schools in Shelby County is less than a quarter black. Maybe Collierville, but definately none of the others. The majority are >95% black. Ohio is unInksing believable!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:38:50 PM »

And that you live where you live, as opposed to East Cleveland, suggests that you also prefer to live in a mostly white neighborhood. In fact, from what you've said, I strongly suspect my neighborhood is, in fact, much more diverse than yours. And that's pretty funny after all the back and forth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies