Are you #Ready4Hillary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are you #Ready4Hillary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you ready
Yes, I am ready

No, but I will be ready once she officially announces

No, but I will be ready once she wins all the primaries

No, but I will be ready by Election Day

No, I will never be ready. I will be left behind by the Hillary Express

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Are you #Ready4Hillary  (Read 4055 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: June 24, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »

This is a useless thread but I want to procrastinate so you got me.

As president, she'll perform similarly to Bill and Obama. As far as the election, hopefully GOP primary mayhem will bring relief from a likely boring D primary and general election.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »

I'm ready for all the coronation hype to die once she declines.

What on Earth gives you the idea she wouldn't run?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:02 AM »

If you had asked me in 2012, I would have insisted she wouldn't run. It just didn't seem as likely then? I can't exactly explain what changed, but now, I think it's pretty obvious she's running.

What changed is that in 2012 she was consistently denying that she would run, and now she isn't.

I thought that was earlier in Obama's term. Even then there was no reason to take the denials at face value because she going to deny it even if she were running. Also, her denials were often non-denial denials. Think it's been clear since at least 2011 she'd run.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:18:38 AM »

If you had asked me in 2012, I would have insisted she wouldn't run. It just didn't seem as likely then? I can't exactly explain what changed, but now, I think it's pretty obvious she's running.

What changed is that in 2012 she was consistently denying that she would run, and now she isn't.

I thought that was earlier in Obama's term. Even then there was no reason to take the denials at face value because she going to deny it even if she were running. Also, her denials were often non-denial denials. Think it's been clear since at least 2011 she'd run.

This is what she was saying as late as October 2012:

In a separate interview the same month, she said "I have ruled it out":

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/10/clinton-definitely-leaving-politics-or-may-stay.html

Yeah, but I don't know, expressing interest in returning to private life is barely a denial at all and "I've ruled it out" also seems par for the course for someone who wants to be coy as long as she can.

Here's what I had after about a year of Obama's presidency.

I think she'll step down at the end of 2012, write a book for 5 million dollars, campaign for Democrats in 2014 and use that election as a gauge of political winds.  If they portend well for Democrats, I'd say it's better than 50-50 she runs.

Not too bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies