Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.)  (Read 2988 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »

Just curious, Mr. President-Elect, will you revive the position of Global Treaty Organization ambassador?

Maybe GTO Ambassador and Military Affairs get worked into the same person?

Also, do we have a definition of the Military Affairs position?
Well, the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of External Affairs strangely merged. The Military Affairs Deputy Secretary would probably look a bit like a Secretary of Defense.

I believe that would require a modification of the Executive Branch Reorganization Act.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »

Just curious, Mr. President-Elect, will you revive the position of Global Treaty Organization ambassador?

Maybe GTO Ambassador and Military Affairs get worked into the same person?

Also, do we have a definition of the Military Affairs position?
Well, the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of External Affairs strangely merged. The Military Affairs Deputy Secretary would probably look a bit like a Secretary of Defense.

I believe that would require a modification of the Executive Branch Reorganization Act.
I don't think so.
The next Secretary of External Affairs has definitely the right to give some of his prerogatives to one of his deputy chief secretary.

I mean, Sjoce, Superique didn't give you some work during his tenure as SoEA???

Yeah, the SoEA can appoint deputies, it just depends on what you want this new position to be, whether it's a deputy of the SoEA in charge of DoD/VA stuff or whether it removes the SoEA's authority over military affairs entirely - whether it's a deputy or an equal.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »

The SOEA/SOIA are both set up in a way that conflicts with their dual roles. One cannot be a player and a narrator. The two most be separate. Its like a soccer player also being the referee.

^^^This is one of the biggest reforms I'd like to see to the position. My experience in the position consisted a lot of creating problems and then coming up with solutions to my own challenges. The Secretaries either need to take on a role in solving the challenges created by a GM, or they need to function solely as moderators and let the Senate or executive deal with the challenges they create, but they can't be the ones solving their own problems. Seeing that the position had amounted to knocking down my own dominoes is one of the reasons I returned to the Legislature. I would support amending VIII.2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies