Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:23:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cabinet (RG, SoFE, SoEA, SoIA, Cr. Mgr., A.G. & Dep. A.G., and G.M.)  (Read 3004 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 24, 2014, 06:17:57 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2014, 04:09:03 PM by DemPGH, Pres.-elect »

Call for Cabinet Applications

It's that time! We would now like to solicit applications for cabinet posts. I'm pleased to report that we are already receiving letters of interest, so if anything catches your eye, please let me or V.P.-elect Windjammer know, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We will take applications through Friday or until filled. Successful candidates will be 1) active and 2) possess goals somewhat or closely compatible with those of the administration. That's it! Just want to do the job. I hope it's more competitive than that, but we shall see! No Ph.D. required. Tongue

Official

Attorney General (A.G.)
Game Moderator / Manager (G.M.)
Registrar General (R.G.)
Secretary of Federal Elections (SoFE)
Secretary of External Affairs (SoEA)
Secretary of Internal Affairs (SoIA)

I am quite happy to announce that both Fritz (R.G.) and Homelycooking (SoFE) of Forum Affairs will return in their respective roles. I am close to tapping an External Affairs Secretary.

Pacific

Pacific Crisis Manager

I plan to appoint a Pacific Crisis Manager, but will adjust or clarify the duties of this post. How to approach the activity problems of the Pacific or possibly bring about a merger will be a goal of my administration.  

Unofficial Optional

Military Affairs
Press Secretary

These kinds of things don't normally work, but they are totally unofficial and a few people mentioned doing something along these lines. If someone wants to participate, I'm happy to have them!

So let's get going - we need an active cabinet.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »

Would the Press Secretary just make statements and take questions on behalf of the administration? Or would you develop the role further?

That, or present updates to the public on what all is going on in the Senate and how big issues are progressing, as with the Pacific. I would want it to be as objective as possible. We'll see, we may not do it. It was an idea that came up along the campaign trail.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »

Okay, unless anyone has anything really groundbreaking, I'm probably good on GM. We can kind of close that one.

The GTO I need to look into more fully - it came up as something a long ago President started, but it was during the thick of campaigning, and I only glossed over it. I'm open to the idea.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »

Yeah, military affairs or veterans affairs would be a deputy. I can't create a department.

The SOEA/SOIA are both set up in a way that conflicts with their dual roles. One cannot be a player and a narrator. The two most be separate. Its like a soccer player also being the referee.

VIII.2 of the Constitution establishes it as such, though! To remove one or change them and so forth would require VIII.2 to be amended.

This is why I would like the G.M. to be more advisory than someone handing down decrees from on high. What if the GM says the Moon is made out of green cheese, ha? Tongue You know?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »

Dear Friends,

I was delighted to learn of Averroës Nix's interest in serving as External Affairs Secretary. He is not only a confidante and a friend since really the beginning, he is obviously focused, capable, and smart. We also share very similar views on foreign policy, so I am happy to nominate him to head this important department!

Also,
I only have one person interested in A.G., and he cannot as yet edit the Wiki. Honestly, A.G. is not that demanding. Some days there won't be anything to do, other days maybe a few minutes to put a statute or two in the Wiki. Put in a pair of earbuds, listen to a couple songs, and by that time you're done. Litigation is tougher because you have to put together an argument and you're never sure how the Court will rule, but we don't have a whole lot of litigation.

The big thing we can't do is let the Wiki fall behind - if it's kept up to date, it's easy to keep up to date.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2014, 03:37:12 PM by DemPGH, Pres.-elect »

A couple people are kinda sorta interested in A.G., so see my reply to Simfan below. Tongue

Now for my Mr. Spock moment. Grin

A while back I spoke to Hagrid and a few others about the state of the game and about some ideas to bring as many people together as we can so as to make the game work. The very basis of everything is trust, and I think Hagrid is one who simply wants the game to work the best way it can. I respect that, and we can all work from that regardless of party and ideology.

Having said that, I will nominate HagridOfTheDeep for Internal Affairs Secretary.

Hagrid is a leader, and he has a wonderful plan to bring the regions closer to the federal government and to hopefully improve activity as the work there becomes more relevant! Look, until we can actually merge the Pacific or consolidate the regions, the goal needs to be to make what we have work. I'm sold that he will help us do that. And on a personal level I find him to be open, thoughtful, and very affable. I'm eager to work with him! In time he will explain his ideas for the position, and I'm sure anyone who might be uncertain will be impressed.

I would be more than willing to continue updating the Wiki, leaving the AG with the role of legal defense.

We may actually do something like that - divide the position I mean. We do have Deputy A.G. Or, just so the Wiki is taken care of and if we need an attorney for litigation I'm sure we can get one!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »

Great pick, though if I felt like being scandalous, I would say this is TRADING VOTES FOR POWERFUL GOVERNMENT POSITIONS.

Or see if there are stories out there about cars, credit cards, boats. . . all kinds of things being mysteriously delivered to peoples' houses. Like the movie Blue Chips? Grin Of course we wouldn't do any of that, though.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:40:48 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 03:53:34 PM by DemPGH, Pres.-elect »

Clearly, Oakvale did a fine job as Pacific Crisis Manager, and deserves a lot of credit for the 4th Pacific Const. I'm sorry to see him lave the post. In his stead, Superique will be appointed Pacific Crisis Manager. I'm quite eager to see him work with the Governor and the Council, and if need be to take an active role in moving the Pacific forward should inactivity threaten to bring things to a halt. I will spell out in an exec order the authority he shall have. I want a Pacifican for the job because those powers might be somewhat broad.

A.G. and G.M. will be last.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 10:33:50 AM by DemPGH, Pres.-elect »

Simfan34 will stay on as A.G., I'm pleased to announce. He's got like six jobs, so come on, he's got to keep at least one. Tongue

I'm nominating Snowstalker as Assistant (Deputy) Attorney General.

While there may certainly be overlap, I would like for Simfan mainly to focus on updating the wiki with the 61st Senate's Statutes. I hope to be able help a little with that as time allows, but if anyone could spare five minutes or so to help, please let him (or me) know! We have the 61st Senate noticeboard with links, which means we won't have to go hunting the statutes.

Snowstalker will mainly handle legalities. He's written to me about being involved in the cabinet, he is very serious, and I think we should recall that he has been an elected Senator in the past. He's shown that he can put together a quality argument, and so I look forward to seeing his contributions.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »

At last I'm happy to announce a choice for G.M.

There were about three seriously interested candidates, and after pondering everything said, I have decided that Napoleon is the ideal choice! There are a few reasons. Obviously, I know he will do the job very well and I feel I that I will be able to work productively with him. He brings experience and an extensive background from the perspective of the federal government. Also, what Nappy communicated to me about the G.M. position was most like my vision for the post: He will review the economic numbers and offer flexibility and options as well as a general narrative that follows RL. I feel like this is most what I would like the G.M. to do!

Thus, the proposed cabinet looks like this:

G.M. Napoleon
SoEA Averroës Nix
SoIA HagridOfTheDeep
A.G. Simfan34 (Returning)
D.A.G. Snowstalker
R.G. Fritz (Returning)
SoFE Homelycooking (Returning)

Superique will serve as Manager of the Pacific Crisis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies