MA: Mideast Surveillance Safeguard Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Mideast Surveillance Safeguard Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Mideast Surveillance Safeguard Act (Debating)  (Read 1317 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: July 02, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »

I am sympathetic towards the motivations behind this bill. I am, however, concerned that restricting the use of UAVs could negatively affect the effectiveness of the regional law enforcement authorities in certain cases. I just want to ensure that the police are able to obtain a warrant to use UAVs in a reasonable period of time when necessary.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 03:17:01 PM by ZuWo »

I am sympathetic towards the motivations behind this bill. I am, however, concerned that restricting the use of UAVs could negatively affect the effectiveness of the regional law enforcement authorities in certain cases. I just want to ensure that the police are able to obtain a warrant to use UAVs in a reasonable period of time when necessary.

Do you have any ideas for amendments in mind that will make you fully comfortable with this bill?

No, not really to be honest. There's probably no way for us legislators to directly influence how efficiently judges work and issue such warrants.
In short, I am ready to give this bill the benefit of the doubt. If we notice in the future that this bill has a clearly negative impact on the effectiveness of the work done by our law enforcement authorities, we will have to reconsider it, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies