Weighted Voting For Congress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Weighted Voting For Congress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weighted Voting For Congress  (Read 21120 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: September 09, 2014, 04:40:14 PM »
« edited: September 09, 2014, 04:55:49 PM by memphis »

Tennessee is so cringeworthy in this thread. I recognize that population sizes and the constraints of even these more flexible guidelines leave little alternative, but as a community, it is West Tennessee that is distinct, not East Tennessee. West Tennessee, and really not even all of West Tennessee, is part of the historical Lower South. Cotton, slaves, the whole Gone With the Wind narrative. The rest of the state is, historically, to paraphrase Chris Rock "a bunch of broke a$$ white people, living in the trailer, listening to John Cougar Melloncamp records. I realize if we are to split Tennessee in half, for the purposes of hypothetical apportionment, we can't have just a dozen counties for one half of the state, so I would suggest drawing the line, just east of Metro Nashville. That at least puts the Cumberland Plateau in its logical place in the eastern half of the state, and further allows for one Western half that is more urban and one Eastern half that is less urban in accordance with the major difference with how people live today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies