Devin For Pac. Governor.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:43:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Devin For Pac. Governor.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Devin For Pac. Governor.  (Read 299 times)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:17:52 AM »
« edited: May 25, 2014, 12:22:47 AM by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »

Hello all and good evening. I would like to announce that I am throwing my hat into the ring for Governor. I have a lot of respect for Dem PGH, and pledge to continue his successful policies, such as investing in Science and Education. My full platform will be released in a few days.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:30 AM »

Do you think that, moving forward, the Pacific needs a supply side solution to its economic problems? And if so, how would you enact such?
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:40:18 AM »

Do you think that, moving forward, the Pacific needs a supply side solution to its economic problems? And if so, how would you enact such?
Yes I do. I would propose various tax cuts, and cut needless regulation. I already proposed a tax credit for business that bring new jobs to the region while I was on the Council. I would like to look into expanding that perhaps for green or high tech jobs.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2014, 01:42:18 AM by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »

The Life Tax: Life is expensive. The struggles in the Pacific are more than economic indicators and spreadsheet for the Governor and Council to deal with. It's making life harder on average people all over the region. Our government's mismanagement of the region and the still-unsolved nature of those issues create, the life tax.

In my campaign for governor, I'm going to work to reduce the life tax. We've got to focus on making life easier on Pacific citizens. I'm going to do this by addressing issues like college affordability, workforce training, green energy, and fighting poverty.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 02:36:06 AM »

If I recall right, you have been part of the government since February. This means the "mismanagement" of our region is also to be credited to you. And from my point of view, a cut of the unemployment rate in half is exactly the opposite of "mismanagement".
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 04:03:20 AM »

If I recall right, you have been part of the government since February. This means the "mismanagement" of our region is also to be credited to you. And from my point of view, a cut of the unemployment rate in half is exactly the opposite of "mismanagement".
I'm referring to the unfortunate series of events that led to the Pacific's current predicament. The reforms pushed by a Federalist President, tax relief and economic reform, have been big successes in the region.

I believe I'm the candidate that will best be able to continue the recovery, in spite of past mismanagement like I said in the post. I'll also guide the recovery to benefit the people. The Pacific recovery will continue how President Duke intended it to be, but I'll also work to reduce the life tax.
Also I would say my Investment bill probably brought quite a few jobs to the region.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 04:24:48 AM »

I'm referring to the unfortunate series of events that led to the Pacific's current predicament. The reforms pushed by a Federalist President, tax relief and economic reform, have been big successes in the region.

I believe I'm the candidate that will best be able to continue the recovery, in spite of past mismanagement like I said in the post. I'll also guide the recovery to benefit the people. The Pacific recovery will continue how President Duke intended it to be, but I'll also work to reduce the life tax.
Also I would say my Investment bill probably brought quite a few jobs to the region.
I'll give you credit for that, your investment bill was a piece of legislation well fit for the situation then. But where were you when the stimulus was drafted, the most fundamental piece of "the reforms pushed by a Federalist President"? If I recall right, the work on the first stimulus was done solely by DemPGH and me. I haven't seen you writing pieces of the second stimulus, that is debated now, too.
Regarding your "reduction of the life tax" - we're currently discussing our budget too. Bring in your ideas now, or it is to late until next year. I haven't seen any taxation ideas of yours there.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 05:20:47 AM »

I'll give you credit for that, your investment bill was a piece of legislation well fit for the situation then. But where were you when the stimulus was drafted, the most fundamental piece of "the reforms pushed by a Federalist President"? If I recall right, the work on the first stimulus was done solely by DemPGH and me. I haven't seen you writing pieces of the second stimulus, that is debated now, too.
I just finished my tax plan, ill propose it tomorrow.
Regarding your "reduction of the life tax" - we're currently discussing our budget too. Bring in your ideas now, or it is to late until next year. I haven't seen any taxation ideas of yours there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies