Sarah Palin is thinking about a 3rd Party candidacy in 2016.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sarah Palin is thinking about a 3rd Party candidacy in 2016.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sarah Palin is thinking about a 3rd Party candidacy in 2016.  (Read 5068 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:57 AM »

She's keeping open the option of running a 3rd party vanity candidacy if Republicans choose a non-Tea-Party-endorsed candidate in 2016.

Consider the evidence:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/mississippi-runoff-thad-cochran-sarah-palin-108278.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national-govt-politics/sarah-palin-close-leaving-republican-party-over-im/ngMrP/
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:53 AM »

Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »

She hasn't actually said she's considering running as a third party candidate, just that it would be a good idea.

A third party bid would make sense for her, just as a way to get free media while preserving her brand. Although organization is not her strong suit, and that's essential.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »

Typical Sarah Palin-ish attention whoring.

Will she ever go away ?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »

Even Republicans and Hillary-haters should root for a Bush-Clinton-Palin race. Imagine that debate. Too amazing to resist. If you are not rooting for it, shame on you.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »

Of course, we all want Sarah Palin to run for President because she's a compelling buffoon.  We want to see the media circus and resulting disaster.  It would be great.  But, at this point, there's no reason to get your hopes up.  It's like your crazy uncle who's had 10,000 crazy ideas about how he's going to start a million dollar business.  Sure, once he has that giant Alpaca farm, you want to go and pet the Alapacas.  But, until then, it's just a bunch of talk.  It's the same with Sarah Palin.

At this point, Sarah Palin is an honorary Kardashian.  She's a dumb loud woman and nobody really knows what her job title is besides famous person.  She's not a writer, a talk show host, a politician, or a thinker.  She's just an annoying lady from Alaska. 

excelsus
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »

Even Republicans and Hillary-haters should root for a Bush-Clinton-Palin race. Imagine that debate. Too amazing to resist. If you are not rooting for it, shame on you.

Exactly. I'm really looking forward to Tina Fey's parodies.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »

I'm tots rooting for it. Cheesy Even better if she picks Ted Cruz as her running mate. Tongue They can even start their own political party: Free Texas & Alaska Party! (Or Texas & Alaska Independence Party)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

I'm tots rooting for it. Cheesy Even better if she picks Ted Cruz as her running mate. Tongue They can even start their own political party: Free Texas & Alaska Party! (Or Texas & Alaska Independence Party)

That assuming she can crask 15% in the polls, a requirement to be allowed to debate. And that can be very difficult.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

Who is Sarah Palin?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »

NHLiberal

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »

That assuming she can crask 15% in the polls, a requirement to be allowed to debate. And that can be very difficult.

I'm sure that if Palin were to run as a third party candidate she'd pull at least 15% in the polls.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:23 AM »

Palin was the governor of Alaska from 2006 to 2009 and she was McCain running mate in 2008.
She is said to be the pioneer of the Tea Party movement.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »

Palin was the governor of Alaska from 2006 to 2009 and she was McCain running mate in 2008.

You tell them, bro.

excelsus
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 02:08:02 PM by IceSpear »

LOL, the Quitta from Wasilla is butthurt that her candidates went down in flames in Mississippi and Oklahoma. Now she wants to take her ball and go home.

Run Sarah run!

I'm sure that if Palin were to run as a third party candidate she'd pull at least 15% in the polls.

I doubt it. Her fanbase is extremely loud but also somewhat small. When she was included in polls for the GOP primary in 2011 she rarely cracked 15%.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »

maybe she will go on another one of those bus tours and attention whore/troll the whole campaign.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »

Solarstorm2012 won the thread Tongue.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »

LOL, the Quitta from Wasilla is butthurt that her candidates went down in flames in Mississippi and Oklahoma. Now she wants to take her ball and go home.

Run Sarah run!

I doubt it. Her fanbase is extremely loud but also somewhat small. When she was included in polls for the GOP primary in 2011 she rarely cracked 15%.

True... and considering the Republicans only made up 32% of the electorate in 2012, Palin would only get about 5 percent of the vote in the general election, unless she somehow picks up some Independent voters. That wouldn't even reach Perot's level of support.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »

That would be hilarious if she ran. She should do it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »

I hope she runs, then drops out of the race midway through, in an homage to her one half of a term as governor.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »

No she's not.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »

I hope she runs, then drops out of the race midway through, in an homage to her one half of a term as governor.

Didn't you know? She could see the end of her term from her governor's mansion. And it wasn't a pretty sight.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 06:21:12 PM »

Do you have an alternative explanation for her musings?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 06:22:43 PM »

I'm rooting for it. I can think of nothing else that would so clearly drive home to so many how much of a fraud the "democratic" nature of American government is.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies