Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:20:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes.  (Read 3062 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
« edited: July 01, 2014, 06:25:09 PM by retromike22 »

Legal: 231
Not Legal: 182
Stayed Rulings: 125

I'll update this map as time goes by.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »

Thankfully, gay marriage is approved through the electoral college.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

Thankfully, gay marriage is approved through the electoral college.

Sometimes I wish certain laws (mostly social laws) were passed that way. Still, it was only 10 years ago that only one state on this map would have been green.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »

Nevada is becoming increasingly embarrassing.  We're the capital of 'sin' and weddings - we should have been the first!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »

Nevada is becoming increasingly embarrassing.  We're the capital of 'sin' and weddings - we should have been the first!

Nevada and Colorado both surprise me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »

Legal: 242
Not Legal: 178
Stayed Rulings: 118

The ruling from Utah today applies to the whole 10th circuit, which includes Colorado and Wyoming, as well as Kansas and Oklahoma that had lower level stayed rulings and New Mexico where SSM is already recognized by the state.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »

Funny you should mention that actually.  Once gay marriage becomes legal in enough states to represent over 270 electoral votes, we begin phase 4 of the gay agenda.  The specific details are secret, but rest assured, it will involve the breakdown of Judeo-Christian values and house music.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

Sorry, gay marriage supporters, but there are no national ballot proposals that can be voted on with electoral votes like presidential elections.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »

Sorry, gay marriage supporters, but there are no national ballot proposals that can be voted on with electoral votes like presidential elections.

No kidding?  You learn something new everyday!  Thanks, Oldies!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »

I support gay marriage as much as everybody else (and I have for far longer than most of you), but I've grown weary of the drip, drip, drip of states. It's problematic that it can't be over already, as it's a very easy problem to fix (as opposed to unemployment, crime, war and peace, etc) and it's sucking up all the liberal oxygen, so nobody is thinking about other issues. Yes, the inequity on this issue is wrong, but it's mostly a symbolic issue, albeit a serious one. Mostly, I have trouble understanding how the opposition is still a thing in 2014.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »

I'm amazed a court here in Florida hasn't struck our ban down...but then again, I know nothing about my state's court system (SJoyce can fill me in on it). I know a case has been filed, so it won't be long before it comes up.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 08:19:30 PM »

I support gay marriage as much as everybody else (and I have for far longer than most of you), but I've grown weary of the drip, drip, drip of states. It's problematic that it can't be over already, as it's a very easy problem to fix (as opposed to unemployment, crime, war and peace, etc) and it's sucking up all the liberal oxygen, so nobody is thinking about other issues. Yes, the inequity on this issue is wrong, but it's mostly a symbolic issue, albeit a serious one. Mostly, I have trouble understanding how the opposition is still a thing in 2014.

That's a frivolous point.  There are plenty of problems we could fix in a week if there were Democratic majorities in Congress and every statehouse and Democratic governors in every state.  Alas, that's not the case.  So, the fastest way to get same-sex marriage in every state is the current strategy which will most likely end with a SCOTUS ruling in the next year or so.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 08:54:25 PM »

it's sucking up all the liberal oxygen, so nobody is thinking about other issues.

That's not how issues work. Go back to issue school.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »

Funny you should mention that actually.  Once gay marriage becomes legal in enough states to represent over 270 electoral votes, we begin phase 4 of the gay agenda.  The specific details are secret, but rest assured, it will involve the breakdown of Judeo-Christian values and house music.

I wouldn't mind seeing the breakdown of house music.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing the breakdown of house music.

I can't imagine it's that prevalent in South Carolina.  You guys don't have a lot of Euro trash or gay people. 
CountryClassSF

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 01:23:03 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 07:28:45 PM by Former Moderate »

Electoral votes are determined by voters. Many of these decision were determined by homosexual activist judges.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2014, 03:33:00 AM by Reaganfan »

Electoral votes are determined by voters. Many of these decision were determined by homosexualist activist judges.

Exactly. I'm not denying that more Americans have warmed to gay marriage since 2004, but it's not the slam-dunk issue liberals think it is. How many states on that map would still show it not legal if not for activist judges?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 03:46:31 AM »

Electoral votes are determined by voters. Many of these decision were determined by homosexualist activist judges.

Exactly. I'm not denying that more Americans have warmed to gay marriage since 2004, but it's not the slam-dunk issue liberals think it is. How many states on that map would still show it not legal if not for activist judges?

If it were put to a vote?  Something like this, if I had to guess:

And I'm pretty sure you know who comes out on top.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:38 AM »

I don't fear Gay Marriage, I fear what comes after that. Gay sex education? Public nudity? When do we say, "Okay okay let's stop before we go too far."

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 03:56:51 AM »

I don't fear Gay Marriage, I fear what comes after that. Gay sex education?

hopefully!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »

I don't fear Gay Marriage, I fear what comes after that. Gay sex education? Public nudity? When do we say, "Okay okay let's stop before we go too far."

When it's objectively harmful to the general public or while we as a society agree it should be taboo. Jesus, Naso, if you're gonna push me down a slippery slope at least use some lubricant so it isn't so easy to climb back up.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

When it's objectively harmful to the general public or while we as a society agree it should be taboo. Jesus, Naso, if you're gonna push me down a slippery slope at least use some lubricant so it isn't so easy to climb back up.

Speaking of which..
http://coloradopols.com/diary/59795/boulder-county-to-issue-same-sex-marriage-licenses
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

Nevada's ban was upheld by a federal judge in 2012, but the Governor and AG have stopped defending it (now at the Ninth Circuit). The appeal is set to be heard in September. I think it's very unlikely the ban will survive.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »

No actual gay person uses terms like "homosexualist" unironically. Please end your tiresome charade. It's gone on far too long.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »

Hopefully both of those things can happen soon
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies