Petition to demod Inks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to demod Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Petition to demod Inks  (Read 20857 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »

I contend Inks is one of our most impartial mods.

k
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 02:52:33 PM »

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)

A badge of honor I wear proudly!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)

A badge of honor I wear proudly!

And the Update saga is a true testament to that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »

I was on my phone earlier and missed it, but Inks wants to ban me too? Geez. Funny thing is I hardly have many death points and have had very few posts reported in the last couple months at that.

Oh and:

X BRTD

excelsus
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

Tedious spambots like excelsus and NewYorkExpress clog the forum.

Sorry? Shocked
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »

A small group of (as it happens mostly politically conservative) moderators have always had it in for BRTD and have wanted to give him the heave-ho. Thought this was generally well known? Oh well. it is now. I'm not one of them, incidentally.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

A small group of (as it happens mostly politically conservative) moderators have always had it in for BRTD and have wanted to give him the heave-ho. Thought this was generally well known? Oh well. it is now. I'm not one of them, incidentally.

I don't "ha[ve] it in for BRTD".  I just think he's a troll.  If BRTD stopped trolling, I'd gladly reverse my position.  As I've said numerous times, I don't want anybody to be banned.
Hamster
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »

Good lord, what on earth could you support banning BRTD for? Haven't enough forum icons been taken down already?

Probably for being a sh**tposter.

People would care if he were banned and that's more than anyone can say about you.

Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 05:30:03 AM »

BRTD pisses me off as much as the next guy, but he definitely doesn't deserve to be banned. It's quite telling that Inks is so obsessed about him while vile creatures like Krazen and Obamanation roam free.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »

Sure, other mods discuss this stuff with them and influence their decisions, but Inks is no more influential on that score than about a half dozen other people.
Demod that half a dozen people then.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »

Sure, other mods discuss this stuff with them and influence their decisions, but Inks is no more influential on that score than about a half dozen other people.
Demod that half a dozen people then.

Why not Dave and Nym who actually have the ultimate authority, and are free to listen to whoever they want to on this stuff?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2014, 07:04:24 AM »

Usully I support Gully's petitions, but I don't think there's much point in demoding Inks. It's not like he's most powerful moderator. In fact, he certainly did limit his presence.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »

BRTD pisses me off as much as the next guy, but he definitely doesn't deserve to be banned. It's quite telling that Inks is so obsessed about him while vile creatures like Krazen and Obamanation roam free.
Inks wants to ban me too, did you not read his full post?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily call Obamanation "vile creature". More a "highly unintelligent troll".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

Not obsessed. Just voicing my opinion (since it was brought up who I think should be banned). If I was obsessed, I'd be pushing for it to actually be done. I realize it won't, and I don't really care. I'm just saying how I'd vote if it did.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »

UPDATE:

It has been brought to my attention that Inks has being putting pressure on at least one individual - I shall not name him but shall mention he is a fan of a game which involves simulated cities - to leak information from the IRC chat which he can use of his own benefit. To put it mildly, this is unacceptable behaviour for a mod and strengthens my case for his demodding, if not outright banning.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »

The horses' mouth

It is very weird, but it's not unprecedented. When I was doing the Alistair Hackson think Inks pretended he had hacked into google and found my IP tracing to where I was. I fell for it, not realising he had gotten it from a post on the forum.

I'd be more alarmed had the IP he pulled not traced back to my doctor's office. As for the chatlogs- how do you know about that, anyway- I don't know.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »

Disgusting. Inks needs to be de-modded and banned.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »

I've tried defending him, and I've even collaborated with him on a few occasions (like Mondalegate). I thought he was just an overzealous type who was just focused more on the wrong side (like petty matters). But after learning that he's essentially using his powers as a mod to settle a personal vendetta as Inks the poster, I can't defend him anymore. I just can't. This is unacceptable, and Inks should be at the very least removed.

x Sawx
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »

This is unhealthy behavior. Perhaps he should step away for his own sanity.

He did send me some creepy PM the other day implying that he knew of something that I had said in IRC and not on the forum so it was clear he had ways of getting this info - which is strange because literally anyone could come in IRC (perhaps except for The Obamanation) and see what was said so I'm not to concerned about it. If I was worried about things I said being posted, I wouldn't have said them in a public room.

The Nixon-ian tactics are however a bit concerning, as is the idea that moderating an internet forum is serious business and deserves some high level of secrecy.

The unfortunate part is that the moderators being persecuted really are the best and most reasonable ones we have (+Joe Republic). The forum would most certainly suffer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »

This is quite unsetteling. Like a number of other posters, I thought Inks had calmed down, but it's looks like his manipulative-controlling behavior only got worse.

It's hard to defend Inks after what we've just read. He should be demoded, for his own good.

x Kalwejt
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »

At the time that was sent, there was evidence Simfan was using a proxy server. I'm still not convinced that he's up to something. The fact that he's easily learned of the mod leaks and has been connected to fake Facebook accounts harassing Bushie was all, in my theory, connected.

When he started hiding things, I investigated and stumbled upon a suspicious IP address, so I confronted him about it. It's unfortunate that he's posted my PMs publicly while hiding his own.

However, I never asked Simfan to send me the logs of the IRC.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »

Inks:

1) You never brought up the IP thing to me before this issue with Libertas. Had you done so, I would have been forthright with it. I wasn't "hiding things".

2) I took me a couple PMs of mine in order for you to produce an IP when I asked for it. When you finally gave me one, it traced to NYC, and not Arkansas as you stated it did. If you had any suspicions you should have brought them up with me beforehand rather than tangling them up with your issues with your colleagues.

3) I learnt of these "leaks" the same way everyone else did- the IRC. That's not remotely suspicious.

4) You kept on pressing the IRC issue and told me to tell you everything I knew. I would have not complied had I realised you didn't have evidence, but you were actively threatening to tell the mods about me being JerryArkansas (Huh) if I didn't tell you.

5) I don't save my messages.

6) I didn't post anything publicly. You asked something, I told you. Another moderator asked me something, and I told him. I'm trying to be co-operative here, the ability for these communications to be kept secret is not something in my court.

7) Inks, I have very little idea what is going on here, but I know I'm not behind any sock at the moment. Either you are severely mistaken, or you've deliberately contrived some situation in order to get me to "spill the beans", and I'm really hoping it's the former but it's looking like the latter.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »

he tried to claim simfan is jerryarkansas? really?!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »

No, I did not say Simfan was JerryArkansas. Simfan is either confused or lying. I said his IP traced to Arkansas, which it did, through the site geobytes.com.

The reason I first brought up your IP in that PM was because it was your post about Libertas that led me to find the IP, thus making me think this was all connected.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies