Petition to demod Inks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:01:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to demod Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Petition to demod Inks  (Read 21268 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »

Simfan, this is why I don't trust you... you're now saying I said things that I didn't. I have all my sent PMs to prove I never even mentioned JerryArkansas. Throughout this whole thing, you keep leaking things to everyone.

It started back with Bushie and Mondale when you put Bushie's info on facebook. Now you're posting my PMs and misleading people about what I said. It's stuff like that that made me suspicious, and now you're making me even more suspicious.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

Simfan, this is why I don't trust you... you're now saying I said things that I didn't. I have all my sent PMs to prove I never even mentioned JerryArkansas. Throughout this whole thing, you keep leaking things to everyone.

It started back with Bushie and Mondale when you put Bushie's info on facebook. Now you're posting my PMs and misleading people about what I said. It's stuff like that that made me suspicious, and now you're making me even more suspicious.

I am not posting your PMs. I was following a mod's instructions to tell him what you said. You said the following:

So what's with this proxy server IP that you've been using that traces to Arkansas?  Oddly enough, it's similar to the IP of a poster who alleges to be a gay Republican, this is all going on after you conveniently started discussing Libertas and your secretive Facebook postings about Bushie.

Look, man... you need to lay everything out that you know about Libertas, Bushie, and this Arkansas IP address on the table right now, or I'm going to take this to the rest of the mods.  I've given you the benefit of the doubt so far, but you're becoming more and more secretive since you've been let back.

I've been patient, but I'm not going to go through another Alistair Hackson-esque dramafest again.

A gay republican from Arkansas. That is as unambiguous as you can get.

I don't see how Libertas and the IP are related.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »

I didn't even know JerryArkansas was gay... the account I was referring to wasn't JerryArkansas.

I didn't know for sure if Libertas and the IP were connected. That's why I PMed you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

Why does it matter who it was? That's beside the point here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Then who was it about?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »

I didn't even know JerryArkansas was gay... the account I was referring to wasn't JerryArkansas.

I didn't know for sure if Libertas and the IP were connected. That's why I PMed you.

You didn't actually describe this connection... but what would this connection have been? I mean I'm just really confused. I mean, Inks, I like you, I'm grateful for your help in my reinstatement, but I have no idea what's going on, and I'm upset it's gotten blown up to the proportions it's already gotten to.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »

What harm did the supposed "leaks" cause?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:59 PM »

Inks' actions are worse than anything enzig did.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2014, 02:37:20 PM »

Someone please clarify the situation:

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »

Pictured: Inks

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »

Demodding Inks would be best achieved via a permaban.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »

I have done nothing wrong. Simfan has decided to post one half of the PM conversation, along with false and misleading information. Ever since we let him back, dishonesty and manipulation have been common from him (just look at his fake account he used to post Bushie information to mondale's page, which he, at first, denied doing). And now the anti-mod crew is playing right into his little game. It's sad.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2014, 03:05:15 PM »

I have done nothing wrong. Simfan has decided to post one half of the PM conversation, along with false and misleading information. Ever since we let him back, dishonesty and manipulation have been common from him (just look at his fake account he used to post Bushie information to mondale's page, which he, at first, denied doing). And now the anti-mod crew is playing right into his little game. It's sad.

Rather than casting me as dishonest and manipulative, would you mind- since you refuse to tell me via PM- telling me what exactly you are accusing me of?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »

Can the administration speak to my question?

What harm did the supposed "leaks" cause?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »

Let's focus on the salient part:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is literal blackmail, no matter how much Inks tries to dodge the point.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »

This, along with Simfan's confusion, sums the situation up.

The partes involved in this kerfluffle need to all chillax for a few days.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »

What does that mean? Am I Libertas, JerryArkansas, the unspecified (third?) gay Arkansan Republican, et. al.?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »

This, along with Simfan's confusion, sums the situation up.

The partes involved in this kerfluffle need to all chillax for a few days.

With all due respect, this is about a mod blackmailing someone, and trying to extend his powers for something off of the site, to solve his personal problems. This needs to be dealt with now and with full severity.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

Let's focus on the salient part:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is literal blackmail, no matter how much Inks tries to dodge the point.

I'll admit it was foolish of me to PM Simfan. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and an attempt to clarify everything before I brought it up to the mods, because with all the leaks, I didn't want Simfan getting dragged through everything Einzige has. I genuinely like Simfan, and I am glad he was allowed to return... perhaps that biased me. it probably did... I'll admit that. but then he started getting more and more secretive, and it's disappointing. After he told me what happened, I was able to verify that my initial theory was wrong, but now we're left with everyone standing and pointing their guns at each other in a manner like the end of the murder mystery episode of The Office... where everyone just shoots everyone and dies.

The leaks did damage because it led to distrust amongst the mods. Those quotes were to remain private. Now, instead of open mod discussion, I'd rather just PM stuff to Nym to get things resolved. So the leaks actually incentivize less mod transparency.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

For reference, the timeline as it stands:

1. Libertas petitions to be unbanned and the moderators discuss this.

2. Snowstalker finds out that the moderators are discussing unbanning Libertas and makes a thread about it on the forum.

3. Inks becomes convinced that Snowstalker found this information out as a result of a "leak" from the mod board and demands that the moderator responsible for this "leak" confess.

4. Still looking for the source of the "leak", Inks decides that he should look through chat logs to uncover the guilty moderator.

5. Inks makes up an "Arkansas IP address" and blackmails Simfan into giving him chat logs.

6. Simfan sends chat logs to Inks, after which Inks triumphantly posts those logs on the mod board as evidence of the "leak".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2014, 03:24:54 PM »

Secretive, what am I being secretive about? I pressed you for info in the IP, and it took you a bit of a back and forth to respond with an IP that traced to NY. You seemed far more interested in this Libertas thing, which I was extremely tangentially related to. I'm still willing to work with you to get to the bottom of this, but you don't seem willing to do so.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

The leaks did damage because it led to distrust amongst the mods. Those quotes were to remain private. Now, instead of open mod discussion, I'd rather just PM stuff to Nym to get things resolved. So the leaks actually incentivize less mod transparency.

Interesting logic.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »

5. Inks makes up an "Arkansas IP address" and blackmails Simfan into giving him chat logs.

So what was Simfan being "blackmailed" with? Inks warns he'll bring up what he "knows" about Simfan supposedly being JerryArkansas or something. Simfan knows this is (presumably) untrue. Why doesn't he tell Inks to pound salt and scram if he doesn't want to help. Doesn't a blackmailee by definition need something to have helld against them, which in this case appears missing? Huh
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2014, 03:40:03 PM »

So what was Simfan being "blackmailed" with? Inks warns he'll bring up what he "knows" about Simfan supposedly being JerryArkansas or something. Simfan knows this is (presumably) untrue. Why doesn't he tell Inks to pound salt and scram if he doesn't want to help. Doesn't a blackmailee by definition need something to have helld against them, which in this case appears missing? Huh

Because I don't know what information he's come up with so for all I know he could spin some tale, as that is what he was (is?) doing. I mean at that point I was really just panicking. Once things simmered down I got was able to think things through and was pretty disappointed in what I saw. But I mean, surely it fits the definition of "an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies