Petition to demod Inks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to demod Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Petition to demod Inks  (Read 21261 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2014, 09:52:36 AM »

FYI Inks is currently doing a Q&A in IRC.

Of course... when I'm at work and cannot access it!!!

Don't worry, there is a transcript.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »

5. Inks makes up an "Arkansas IP address" and blackmails Simfan into giving him chat logs.

So what was Simfan being "blackmailed" with? Inks warns he'll bring up what he "knows" about Simfan supposedly being JerryArkansas or something. Simfan knows this is (presumably) untrue. Why doesn't he tell Inks to pound salt and scram if he doesn't want to help. Doesn't a blackmailee by definition need something to have helld against them, which in this case appears missing? Huh

Because I don't know what information he's come up with so for all I know he could spin some tale, as that is what he was (is?) doing. I mean at that point I was really just panicking. Once things simmered down I got was able to think things through and was pretty disappointed in what I saw. But I mean, surely it fits the definition of "an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met".

Point taken.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »

For reference, the timeline as it stands:

1. Libertas petitions to be unbanned and the moderators discuss this.

2. Snowstalker finds out that the moderators are discussing unbanning Libertas and makes a thread about it on the forum.

3. Inks becomes convinced that Snowstalker found this information out as a result of a "leak" from the mod board and demands that the moderator responsible for this "leak" confess.

4. Still looking for the source of the "leak", Inks decides that he should look through chat logs to uncover the guilty moderator.

5. Inks makes up an "Arkansas IP address" and blackmails Simfan into giving him chat logs.

6. Simfan sends chat logs to Inks, after which Inks triumphantly posts those logs on the mod board as evidence of the "leak".

This ignores the personal threats made to yours truly on the basis of said link, threatening to 'call the authorities' on me (LOL the Gardai have better things to do to listen to the ravings of a some randommer in Michigan) because I created this thread and because I had revealed that I knew that he supported Libertas' unbanning.

In IRC I said obviously in jest that "Inks needs to be shot" in regards to this position vis-a-vis Libertas. This was used against me both on the IRC and in a PM where he referred to me by my real surname. This is obviously completely unacceptable behaviour and further evidence that he needs to be stripped of his responsibilities.

I never threatened to call anybody. I merely played a prank on you to teach you a lesson that those who post personal information on the internet that is easily found through public means should not say that people "need to be shot". But I never said I was actually going to contact the authorities.

Yes you did.

Specifically in the engagement (presumably after the PMs Gully sent):

23:02   Gully   Inks, how do you know my surname?
23:02   InksLWC   yeah, read between the lines
23:02   InksLWC   Gully, that's the least of your worries right now... you're lucky I didn't actually take the threat seriously enough to contact authorities
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »

Pulling off Gully's surname is unacceatable, period.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »

I would argue that saying someone needs to be shot is even more unacceptable. Gully wasn't serious, and neither was I. If what Gully did was so innocent, why did he get so worked up about what I said?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »

I would argue that saying someone needs to be shot is even more unacceptable. Gully wasn't serious, and neither was I. If what Gully did was so innocent, why did he get so worked up about what I said?

Ummm... because it revealed that you were listening into our conversations without my prior knowledge. You know, some people might have a problem with that.

As if when I said "Inks needs to be shot" I meant it literally *eyeroll*
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »

Inks, we still haven't gotten to the bottom of what you were accusing me of. I really want to know.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

Ummm... because it revealed that you were listening into our conversations without my prior knowledge. You know, some people might have a problem with that.

Kind of like how you were reading my stuff from the mod board without my prior knowledge or how you found opebo and Libertas on other forums and shared what they said?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2014, 03:41:27 PM »

Kind of like how you were reading my stuff from the mod board without my prior knowledge or how you found opebo and Libertas on other forums and shared what they said?

Two things here:
1) I did not find Libertas' account on the other board. In fact, it had already been leaked onto the mod cave and then it was leaked to us by the mods. I just decided to do some exploring of posts the mods mostly already knew existed. But, apparently, I am the spy

2) Opebo's posts on the mongering board were only mentioned in regards to various forum controversies about his suitability as a poster and the debate about whether his alleged doings were 'real' or not. Those posts were a smoking gun that they were. For this reason I showed those Opebo posts in a thread in FC, which was suddenly deleted by you, despite contrary assurances from other mods that it wouldn't be touched as it related to important forum matters. Furthermore at the time, and still, on the board there was a massive pro-Opebo faction which denied the reality of the person they 'admired', my bringing to their attention of his Opebo's real, actual boasts of sex tourism was meant to show the reality of their 'hero' and what really lay underneath their 'irony'. Many, alas, still haven't got it.

At no point though did I make a personal threat, blackmail people or abuse my authority, as I have none. This can not be said for certain other individuals.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

I didn't blackmail anybody, and I didn't threaten anybody.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »

How is "you're lucky I didn't actually take the threat seriously enough to contact authorities" more of a threat than "Inks should be shot"? I explicitly told you that I didn't take your threat seriously, so what did you have to worry about?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

Inks, I'm really trying to be fair here, but I certainly felt threatened- which is why I went to Bacon King in the first place.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »

Inks, I'm really trying to be fair here, but I certainly felt threatened- which is why I went to Bacon King in the first place.

That's fine. I have nothing against you. But Gully's attitude is annoying. He's got this holier than thou attitude against me now.

But Gully, it wasn't me using homophobic slurs and making Jewish jokes in the IRC; that was you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »

That's fine. I have nothing against you. But Gully's attitude is annoying. He's got this holier than thou attitude against me now.

But Gully, it wasn't me using homophobic slurs and making Jewish jokes in the IRC; that was you.

I know you have nothing against me. Well, actually I don't. I still just feel like you made this whole Arkansas thing up in order to extract information from me, and I feel very let down by that. It certainly seems like blackmail, and, well, I thought you were better than that, Inks. A lot better than that.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »

Homophobic slurs, making Jewish Jokes?

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »

So what I want to know is how we intend resolving this.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »

Would you like me to post what you said?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »

So what I want to know is how we intend resolving this.

Resolve what?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »

Yes. If you can provide evidence of Homophobic slurs or Jewish Jokes?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »

How is "you're lucky I didn't actually take the threat seriously enough to contact authorities" more of a threat than "Inks should be shot"?

Because one of those things involves something that could actually happen and the others are not. This is not a difficult concept.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »

01:00:59: <gully> Oh lord, he is such a f**
01:35:24: <gully> but much more a f** (see above)
03:47:11: <gully> Nah, Gay Jews don't live in trailer parks

These are the ones I found easily.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »

Inks certainly does love his ad hominem attacks. Note that this has literally no relevance to his inappropriate conduct as moderator.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 05:00:59 PM by Tetro Kornbluth »

01:00:59: <gully> Oh lord, he is such a f**
01:35:24: <gully> but much more a f** (see above)
03:47:11: <gully> Nah, Gay Jews don't live in trailer parks

These are the ones I found easily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Also I share the sentiments of Xahar
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P