Petition to demod Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:40:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to demod Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Petition to demod Inks  (Read 21382 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: June 25, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »

I can understand criticism of Inks's moderation style, but I have no idea why you think that particular list of grievances owes to him.  You think Inks is the most influential moderator?  Lol.

Apparently they haven't noticed that now that I'm working 65 hours a week, I'm hardly on the forum, let alone actively moderating.  Other than weighing in on a couple mod issues and keeping up with Atlasia, I'm not doing much.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2014, 10:46:44 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

I can understand criticism of Inks's moderation style, but I have no idea why you think that particular list of grievances owes to him.  You think Inks is the most influential moderator?  Lol.

Who then? Demod them. This place is slipping down the tubes thanks to a moderation policy that's completely backward.

All the decisions on who to ban or unban are ultimately made by Dave or Nym.  Dave banned opebo.  Nym unbanned Einzige.  Complain about those decisions to them.  Sure, other mods discuss this stuff with them and influence their decisions, but Inks is no more influential on that score than about a half dozen other people.

Other complaints in Gully's petition are more vague, and I'm not sure who specifically he's talking about, but "extreme liberality taken with some other members of the board despite their constant violations of the ToS"?  I don't know which posters specifically that he's talking about, but I don't think Forum Community is the worst offender in terms of boards where the moderation is too lax.  Inks is hardly "lax" in infracting compared to some of the other boards.  Most of the criticism of Inks has been that he moderates too aggressively, not too leniently.

No-one here is going to believe that Nym and Dave are engaged enough to act unilaterally. We both know that the unbannings of Einzige and Libertas, to use the most obvious examples, would never have happened without the mods inexplicably voting to recommend them to Nym. It's become  clear that a gaggle of mods - as far as I can work out the main offenders are Inks, Ernest and Badger, but it's presumably more - are controlling moderation policy in a shockingly boneheaded way.

Inks' problem isn't that he's too aggressive per se - it's that he's insanely strict about the most banal things, like "profanity", (bizarrely) quoting objectionable posts on this board, or fretting over a mass murderer's copyright privileges -

- while simultaneously, along with what's apparently a majority of the mod team, being absurdly lenient on issues that actually matter.  It took years to ban a pedophile troll because people apparently thought a few thousand "final warnings" would be good enough, and I'm unfortunately not at all optimistic that the failed experiment of Einzige's unbanning will be brought to a close any time soon -- even while he continues to return to his old ridiuclous Nazi pseud persona and posts Deutschland über alles in a thread concerning Poland and the Czech Republic. Tedious spambots like excelsus and NewYorkExpress clog the forum. Rampant misogynists like The Obamanation are allowed to post about "filthy sluts" without fear as long as he doesn't infringe on a serial killer's copyright protections, and, again Einzige II is allowed to post about being a predatory creep and people who quote his disgusting posts here to draw attention to his behaviour are threatened with infraction and punishment. The mods' incomprehensible devotion to defending sexual predators is, just months after the ridiculously convoluted process that was opebo's banning, once again apparent.

I've defended Inks in the past from what I thought where overreactions to a poorly applied but ultimately harmless moderation policy. I no longer believe that the latter point holds true.

LOL. Congratulations on achieving a hitherto unbelievable level of self-parody.

FYI, I was one of the early supporters of an opebo ban but fell on the losing side of the votes until the last time. I also would support banning The Obamanation (and Snowstalker and BRTD, although I doubt I'm in the majority there).

The "filthy sluts" comment wasn't on my board, and I've never advocated banning someone over copyright issues. I mod a single board... how does it make any sense to blame me for what happens on the other 20+ boards or who gets banned/unbanned?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »

In regards to what Nix said remember when Inks deleted a post for "anti-pro-heterosexual sentiment"?

You are misremembering the incident. I did not delete that post. It wasn't even on one of my boards.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

A small group of (as it happens mostly politically conservative) moderators have always had it in for BRTD and have wanted to give him the heave-ho. Thought this was generally well known? Oh well. it is now. I'm not one of them, incidentally.

I don't "ha[ve] it in for BRTD".  I just think he's a troll.  If BRTD stopped trolling, I'd gladly reverse my position.  As I've said numerous times, I don't want anybody to be banned.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

BRTD pisses me off as much as the next guy, but he definitely doesn't deserve to be banned. It's quite telling that Inks is so obsessed about him while vile creatures like Krazen and Obamanation roam free.

Not obsessed. Just voicing my opinion (since it was brought up who I think should be banned). If I was obsessed, I'd be pushing for it to actually be done. I realize it won't, and I don't really care. I'm just saying how I'd vote if it did.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »

At the time that was sent, there was evidence Simfan was using a proxy server. I'm still not convinced that he's up to something. The fact that he's easily learned of the mod leaks and has been connected to fake Facebook accounts harassing Bushie was all, in my theory, connected.

When he started hiding things, I investigated and stumbled upon a suspicious IP address, so I confronted him about it. It's unfortunate that he's posted my PMs publicly while hiding his own.

However, I never asked Simfan to send me the logs of the IRC.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »

No, I did not say Simfan was JerryArkansas. Simfan is either confused or lying. I said his IP traced to Arkansas, which it did, through the site geobytes.com.

The reason I first brought up your IP in that PM was because it was your post about Libertas that led me to find the IP, thus making me think this was all connected.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »

Simfan, this is why I don't trust you... you're now saying I said things that I didn't. I have all my sent PMs to prove I never even mentioned JerryArkansas. Throughout this whole thing, you keep leaking things to everyone.

It started back with Bushie and Mondale when you put Bushie's info on facebook. Now you're posting my PMs and misleading people about what I said. It's stuff like that that made me suspicious, and now you're making me even more suspicious.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »

I didn't even know JerryArkansas was gay... the account I was referring to wasn't JerryArkansas.

I didn't know for sure if Libertas and the IP were connected. That's why I PMed you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »

Demodding Inks would be best achieved via a permaban.

I have done nothing wrong. Simfan has decided to post one half of the PM conversation, along with false and misleading information. Ever since we let him back, dishonesty and manipulation have been common from him (just look at his fake account he used to post Bushie information to mondale's page, which he, at first, denied doing). And now the anti-mod crew is playing right into his little game. It's sad.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

Let's focus on the salient part:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is literal blackmail, no matter how much Inks tries to dodge the point.

I'll admit it was foolish of me to PM Simfan. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and an attempt to clarify everything before I brought it up to the mods, because with all the leaks, I didn't want Simfan getting dragged through everything Einzige has. I genuinely like Simfan, and I am glad he was allowed to return... perhaps that biased me. it probably did... I'll admit that. but then he started getting more and more secretive, and it's disappointing. After he told me what happened, I was able to verify that my initial theory was wrong, but now we're left with everyone standing and pointing their guns at each other in a manner like the end of the murder mystery episode of The Office... where everyone just shoots everyone and dies.

The leaks did damage because it led to distrust amongst the mods. Those quotes were to remain private. Now, instead of open mod discussion, I'd rather just PM stuff to Nym to get things resolved. So the leaks actually incentivize less mod transparency.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

I'll admit it was foolish of me to PM Simfan. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and an attempt to clarify everything before I brought it up to the mods, because with all the leaks, I didn't want Simfan getting dragged through everything Einzige has. I genuinely like Simfan, and I am glad he was allowed to return... perhaps that biased me. it probably did... I'll admit that. but then he started getting more and more secretive, and it's disappointing. After he told me what happened, I was able to verify that my initial theory was wrong, but now we're left with everyone standing and pointing their guns at each other in a manner like the end of the murder mystery episode of The Office... where everyone just shoots everyone and dies.

Literally none of this explains or justifies lying about moderator information to receive access to private chat logs.

You're right. It doesn't, and that would matter if I had actually lied about moderator information.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »

For reference, the timeline as it stands:

1. Libertas petitions to be unbanned and the moderators discuss this.

2. Snowstalker finds out that the moderators are discussing unbanning Libertas and makes a thread about it on the forum.

3. Inks becomes convinced that Snowstalker found this information out as a result of a "leak" from the mod board and demands that the moderator responsible for this "leak" confess.

4. Still looking for the source of the "leak", Inks decides that he should look through chat logs to uncover the guilty moderator.

5. Inks makes up an "Arkansas IP address" and blackmails Simfan into giving him chat logs.

6. Simfan sends chat logs to Inks, after which Inks triumphantly posts those logs on the mod board as evidence of the "leak".

This ignores the personal threats made to yours truly on the basis of said link, threatening to 'call the authorities' on me (LOL the Gardai have better things to do to listen to the ravings of a some randommer in Michigan) because I created this thread and because I had revealed that I knew that he supported Libertas' unbanning.

In IRC I said obviously in jest that "Inks needs to be shot" in regards to this position vis-a-vis Libertas. This was used against me both on the IRC and in a PM where he referred to me by my real surname. This is obviously completely unacceptable behaviour and further evidence that he needs to be stripped of his responsibilities.

I never threatened to call anybody. I merely played a prank on you to teach you a lesson that those who post personal information on the internet that is easily found through public means should not say that people "need to be shot". But I never said I was actually going to contact the authorities.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »

I have no intention of resigning.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »

Might I point out that Gully and the pro-opebo people are on the same side here? That should tell you something.

Gully started this petition because of my support for Libertas's return.  Out of curiosity, are you coming out in opposition to Libertas's return?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »

Pulling off Gully's surname is unacceatable, period.

I would argue that saying someone needs to be shot is even more unacceptable. Gully wasn't serious, and neither was I. If what Gully did was so innocent, why did he get so worked up about what I said?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

Pulling off Gully's surname is unacceatable, period.

I would argue that saying someone needs to be shot is even more unacceptable. Gully wasn't serious, and neither was I. If what Gully did was so innocent, why did he get so worked up about what I said?

Ummm... because it revealed that you were listening into our conversations without my prior knowledge. You know, some people might have a problem with that.

As if when I said "Inks needs to be shot" I meant it literally *eyeroll*

Kind of like how you were reading my stuff from the mod board without my prior knowledge or how you found opebo and Libertas on other forums and shared what they said?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

I didn't blackmail anybody, and I didn't threaten anybody.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »

How is "you're lucky I didn't actually take the threat seriously enough to contact authorities" more of a threat than "Inks should be shot"? I explicitly told you that I didn't take your threat seriously, so what did you have to worry about?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »

Inks, I'm really trying to be fair here, but I certainly felt threatened- which is why I went to Bacon King in the first place.

That's fine. I have nothing against you. But Gully's attitude is annoying. He's got this holier than thou attitude against me now.

But Gully, it wasn't me using homophobic slurs and making Jewish jokes in the IRC; that was you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »

Would you like me to post what you said?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »

So what I want to know is how we intend resolving this.

Resolve what?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »

01:00:59: <gully> Oh lord, he is such a f**
01:35:24: <gully> but much more a f** (see above)
03:47:11: <gully> Nah, Gay Jews don't live in trailer parks

These are the ones I found easily.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »

Why on Earth do people blame/credit Inks for banning Opebo (or Jmfcst for that matter). In no way did he ban either of them.

Anyway, amazing drama going on. And it is amusing that Inks would not get the IRC tone at all. Tongue

Oh, I definitely get that Gully was being ironic, but that doesn't justify the way he acted.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »

I found everything through public websites. He voluntarily posted it publicly.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies