Petition to demod Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Petition to demod Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to demod Inks  (Read 21403 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: June 25, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »

x Oakvale

I think this is something virtually all members of the forum can agree on at this point. Moderation policy has just been disastrous recently.

I can understand criticism of Inks's moderation style, but I have no idea why you think that particular list of grievances owes to him.  You think Inks is the most influential moderator?  Lol.

Who then? Demod them. This place is slipping down the tubes thanks to a moderation policy that's completely backward.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »

I can understand criticism of Inks's moderation style, but I have no idea why you think that particular list of grievances owes to him.  You think Inks is the most influential moderator?  Lol.

Who then? Demod them. This place is slipping down the tubes thanks to a moderation policy that's completely backward.

All the decisions on who to ban or unban are ultimately made by Dave or Nym.  Dave banned opebo.  Nym unbanned Einzige.  Complain about those decisions to them.  Sure, other mods discuss this stuff with them and influence their decisions, but Inks is no more influential on that score than about a half dozen other people.

Other complaints in Gully's petition are more vague, and I'm not sure who specifically he's talking about, but "extreme liberality taken with some other members of the board despite their constant violations of the ToS"?  I don't know which posters specifically that he's talking about, but I don't think Forum Community is the worst offender in terms of boards where the moderation is too lax.  Inks is hardly "lax" in infracting compared to some of the other boards.  Most of the criticism of Inks has been that he moderates too aggressively, not too leniently.

No-one here is going to believe that Nym and Dave are engaged enough to act unilaterally. We both know that the unbannings of Einzige and Libertas, to use the most obvious examples, would never have happened without the mods inexplicably voting to recommend them to Nym. It's become  clear that a gaggle of mods - as far as I can work out the main offenders are Inks, Ernest and Badger, but it's presumably more - are controlling moderation policy in a shockingly boneheaded way.

Inks' problem isn't that he's too aggressive per se - it's that he's insanely strict about the most banal things, like "profanity", (bizarrely) quoting objectionable posts on this board, or fretting over a mass murderer's copyright privileges -

- while simultaneously, along with what's apparently a majority of the mod team, being absurdly lenient on issues that actually matter.  It took years to ban a pedophile troll because people apparently thought a few thousand "final warnings" would be good enough, and I'm unfortunately not at all optimistic that the failed experiment of Einzige's unbanning will be brought to a close any time soon -- even while he continues to return to his old ridiuclous Nazi pseud persona and posts Deutschland über alles in a thread concerning Poland and the Czech Republic. Tedious spambots like excelsus and NewYorkExpress clog the forum. Rampant misogynists like The Obamanation are allowed to post about "filthy sluts" without fear as long as he doesn't infringe on a serial killer's copyright protections, and, again Einzige II is allowed to post about being a predatory creep and people who quote his disgusting posts here to draw attention to his behaviour are threatened with infraction and punishment. The mods' incomprehensible devotion to defending sexual predators is, just months after the ridiculously convoluted process that was opebo's banning, once again apparent.

I've defended Inks in the past from what I thought where overreactions to a poorly applied but ultimately harmless moderation policy. I no longer believe that the latter point holds true.

LOL. Congratulations on achieving a hitherto unbelievable level of self-parody.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:56:32 PM »

The information on the IRC channel can't be found "through public means". That is a lie. It can be accessed in two ways -

1) Be in the chat yourself

2) Get someone who was there to leak you the information.

You chose the latter, by blackmailing Simfan with a ban threat. This is clear cut.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

I take issue with Antonio killing my browser window.
Yes ban antonio please.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies