Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:04:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you support the citizenry's right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!  (Read 4537 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 06:52:37 AM »

I fully support this coalition.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »

I don't expect that you would do enough to protect Atlasians from gun violence if you were elected. Whether your views are within the mainstream or not is irrelevant.

Education in our schools on responsible gun use is a priority. I think you would be surprised on how I'd treat gun violence. I believe consequences against violent gun crime should be severe as a deterrent. By teaching responsible use young and harshly punishing violent gun crime, I'd meet your standard.

... so elementary school students are going to be taught how to use a gun?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »

I don't expect that you would do enough to protect Atlasians from gun violence if you were elected. Whether your views are within the mainstream or not is irrelevant.

Education in our schools on responsible gun use is a priority. I think you would be surprised on how I'd treat gun violence. I believe consequences against violent gun crime should be severe as a deterrent. By teaching responsible use young and harshly punishing violent gun crime, I'd meet your standard.

... so elementary school students are going to be taught how to use a gun?

This would start in junior high and high school (grades 6-12)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

I guess I just don't think it's a good mix in an Atlasia where all sorts of drugs are everywhere and easy enough for kids to get their hands on. We don't "know" exactly what the drug liberalization laws have done to our schools, but I think it's fair to surmise that the landscape would be a little different in Atlasia than it is IRL. And now these kids who are selling dangerous drugs and getting involved with dangerous people are going to be taught how to use guns?

I support the right to bear arms, but I don't think "teaching kids early" about guns will assuage the safety concerns people have.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

I guess I just don't think it's a good mix in an Atlasia where all sorts of drugs are everywhere and easy enough for kids to get their hands on. We don't "know" exactly what the drug liberalization laws have done to our schools, but I think it's fair to surmise that the landscape would be a little different in Atlasia than it is IRL. And now these kids who are selling dangerous drugs and getting involved with dangerous people are going to be taught how to use guns?

I support the right to bear arms, but I don't think "teaching kids early" about guns will assuage the safety concerns people have.

That's why hard drugs must be illegal.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »

That doesn't make sense. Why would kids be more inclined to buy drugs illegally because they can now get them legally?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »

That doesn't make sense. Why would kids be more inclined to buy drugs illegally because they can now get them legally?

Oh, does Atlasia allow the sale of crack cocaine to 13-year-olds? I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, I understand what JCL is saying about wanting hard drugs illegal, but I think the drug laws are here to stay. On the other hand, a proposal to educate kids about guns has a slight chance of gaining traction, but I think it would be reckless in the current environment. Does that make sense?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »

Oh, does Atlasia allow the sale of crack cocaine to 13-year-olds? I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, I understand what JCL is saying about wanting hard drugs illegal, but I think the drug laws are here to stay. On the other hand, a proposal to educate kids about guns has a slight chance of gaining traction, but I think it would be reckless in the current environment. Does that make sense?

We can do something about the drug laws
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 08:58:09 PM »

Dear delegates of the CPGR,

I beg you to support the Mechaman candidacy for the At-Large Senate seat.  While many candidates speak loudly about how they are pro-gun, they merely choose weak and weaseled positions on the matter.  I, Mechaman, born the son of Soviet-IRA immigrants in the Midwest, strongly believe in the tradition and rights associated with universal gun ownership.  NOT MERELY THE RIGHT, MIND YOU, BUT OF THE AVAILABILITY OF HAND GUNS, ASSAULT RIFLES, AND TEAR GAS CANISTERS FOR ALL RESIDENTS!

Need I remind you that this campaign is the only campaign IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GREAT AND ILLUSTRIOUS NATION! that supports giving handguns to every public school child in the country!  Yes, the Bad Party is the only party in the country that is willing to stand up for the protection of the young and the defenseless in this nation!

SO please, do your patriotic duty and give the Bad Party your kind and patriotic endorsement!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »

I'm not going to ask for an endorsement, but if you wish to know my views on gun rights, I'll be happy to put them forward, irregardless of how you choose to endorse.

I support Atlasian citizens right to bear arms. I don't support an assault weapons ban.

I do, however, support background checks, mandatory waiting periods and gun education training for anyone who wishes to own a gun. Provided one isn't a criminal, has no history of mental illness, and knows how to responsibly own one, I don't see why someone couldn't own a gun.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »

I would like to become a member.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:39 AM »

Just sign in
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »

I realize I'm late to the party, but:

x Goldwater
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »

End the madness.

We need strong, effective gun control NOW!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »

End the madness.

We need strong, effective gun control NOW!

Teaching our high school students the proper use and care of a gun is a step in the right direction of addressing the concerns of the "gun control crowd".
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »

XDevin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies