Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:48:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Do you support the citizenry's right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights (CPGR)- Endorsement vote!  (Read 4538 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2014, 11:03:37 AM by Governor Riley Keaton »

Coalition for the Protection of Gun Rights

The CPGR is an advocacy organization founded to further the cause of gun rights and guarantee their protection. Although a national organization, the CPGR also works at the regional level to further the cause. To join the CPGR, simply post in this thread that you wish to become a member.

The CPGR will post regarding gun rights causes and legislation pertinent to the protection of gun rights. Atlasians everywhere have a right to bear arms. We'll be working to help elect pro-gun candidates all across the country from the lowly offices of the regional Legislatures to the President themselves. Our cause is good and our supporters are motivated. Let's go defend our rights.

Current Leadership
Governor Riley Keaton, President
Fmr. Speaker Deus, Northeast Chairman
Flo, Pacific Chairman

Members
TheRileyKeaton
Deus Naturae
Flo
Sjoycefla
Dallasfan65
SomebodyWhoExists
Tmthforu94
LumineVonReuental
Spiral
JoMCaR
coyolxauhqui
Maxwell
MadmanMotley
WrathofTheGods
JCL
Never Convinced
IBDDW
Rpryor3

Current Legislation:

Mideast Protecting the Right to Bear Arms Amendment- FOR
Senator Bore's The right not to get shot amendment - AGAINST
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »

I support this organization.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:13 PM »

x Flo
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:11 PM »

XDallasfan65
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »

X SomebodyWhoExists
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »

x Tmthforu94
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »

x LumineVonReuental
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »

X Deus Naturae
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »

x Spiral
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:08:21 AM »

A poll has been posted.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 12:10:31 AM »

xJoMCaR
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »

x coyolxauhqui
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »

x MadmanMotley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:18 AM »

Not that I agree with this organization in the slightest, but having an active and vocal right-wing in the game will be very interesting! Grin
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 03:26:56 AM »

I support gun rights, but I have to admit I'd feel wary about joining this organization, given that I'm from Newtown.

Does the CPGR support universal background checks and age restrictions, or at the very least wouldn't spend all its resources defeating those proposals?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 03:52:20 AM »

x Maxwell
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »

I support gun rights, but I have to admit I'd feel wary about joining this organization, given that I'm from Newtown.

Does the CPGR support universal background checks and age restrictions, or at the very least wouldn't spend all its resources defeating those proposals?

Rather than get bogged down in positions on specific ideas, the CPGR will promote a big tent approach to supporting gun rights. My personal opinion, though, is that expanded background checks would not have prevented any of the tragedies anti-gun activists have turned into political assets. On the age restrictn, I say 18.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 06:45:17 AM »

Any member of this organization will not be getting a vote from me in any election.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:40 AM »

Any member of this organization will not be getting a vote from me in any election.

I wouldn't go that far, but I would have some serious second thoughts. We have clip limits, a national licensing system for firearms, and a requirement that owners of weapons carry liability insurance. These regulations save lives and I do not want to see them threatened for the sake of someone's Rambo fantasy.

I'm for these regulations but I don't feel that we need any more. That's why I joined.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »

I wouldn't go that far, but I would have some serious second thoughts. We have clip limits, a national licensing system for firearms, and a requirement that owners of weapons carry liability insurance. These regulations save lives and I do not want to see them threatened for the sake of someone's Rambo fantasy.

I agree with this, but I do support the creation of this group, despite the motives of it.  If anything, as Barnes said, it would be nice to see these advocacy groups actually create a stronger focus on issues, and possibly facilitate more competition. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:07 AM »

I'm for these regulations but I don't feel that we need any more. That's why I joined.

What is wrong with Bore's amendment?

Most developed countries have moved past the point where self-defense is a legitimate reason to own a weapon. Guns are for farmers, hunters, target shooters, and hobbyists. Not vigilantes and would-be revolutionaries who think they'll pull a Paris 1848 on Main Street.

Yeah, I don't see where the issue is here. Seems like a simple straight forward amendment.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »

x Rpryor03
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »

Pretty much - I acknowledge that gun rights are there and not going anywhere - but the restrictions on ownership and use must be very very tight.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »

What is wrong with Bore's amendment?

Most developed countries have moved past the point where self-defense is a legitimate reason to own a weapon. Guns are for farmers, hunters, target shooters, and hobbyists. Not vigilantes and would-be revolutionaries who think they'll pull a Paris 1848 on Main Street.

Yeah, I don't see where the issue is here. Seems like a simple straight forward amendment.
Well, yes, it is fairly simple. That isn't the issue. No one is saying that they don't understand the amendment. They disagree with its content, which has nothing to do with how simple or straightforward it is.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »

I support background checks, age restrictions, liability insurance and the registry (in some form). However, I don't think clip limits work because it is relatively easy to modify them and render the limits pointless anyway.

I would have to oppose bore's amendment.

I am generally reluctant to get involved in groups like this in my role as chairman of a big tent party, a stance I also took back when I was chairman off the RPP. Therefore I need to think about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies