NC-Civitas: Sen. Hagan (D) opens 4-6 point leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:16:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC-Civitas: Sen. Hagan (D) opens 4-6 point leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Civitas: Sen. Hagan (D) opens 4-6 point leads  (Read 2005 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »

3-way:

42-36-9 Hagan/Tillis/Haugh

2-way:

47-43 Hagan/Tillis

In their last poll, Tillis led by 3-5 points.

http://www.nccivitas.org/2014/hagan-leads-tillis-nc-senate-race
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:22 PM »

PPP's commentary on this new poll:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »

Also, the ads thats she's running are pretty good, IMO.
illegaloperation

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »

Art Pope's poll shows Hagan ahead?
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

This is good news for Hagan, but it's important to remember that this was a poll of registered voters. I'm fairly confident that if the sample were comprised of likely voters, her lead would surely be smaller (not to say that Hagan doesn't have an edge at this point in time).
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »

The lead is undeniable if not smaller, but I think this is due to the hated state congress being in session. Come October, and Tillis will be more aggressive. I think a lot of state seats will flip, though.
illegaloperation

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »

The lead is undeniable if not smaller, but I think this is due to the hated state congress being in session. Come October, and Tillis will be more aggressive. I think a lot of state seats will flip, though.
doubt it. The anger is on the side of the Democrats and that's very powerful force.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Senator by Civitas Institute on 2014-06-22

Summary: D: 42%, R: 36%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »

I noticed that on the question asking whether respondents would rather elect a Republican as a check to Pres. Obama's policies and try for a Republican Senate majority versus electing a Democrat who would support the President's policies and result in continued Democratic control of the Senate, the respondents picked the Republican over the Democrat 49-45. This sentiment could pose danger for Hagan if the Senate race in NC becomes heavily nationalized.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

I noticed that on the question asking whether respondents would rather elect a Republican as a check to Pres. Obama's policies and try for a Republican Senate majority versus electing a Democrat who would support the President's policies and result in continued Democratic control of the Senate, the respondents picked the Republican over the Democrat 49-45. This sentiment could pose danger for Hagan if the Senate race in NC becomes heavily nationalized.

But will the North Carolina GOP have the ability to "nationalize" North Carolina politics? The Republican Party in North Carolina is a mess even if it has the majority.

Republicans would like to believe that the Senate election in North Carolina is a replay of the Senate election in Arkansas in 2010.  That is as much a fantasy as that of most of us getting super-rich. 
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »

But will the North Carolina GOP have the ability to "nationalize" North Carolina politics? The Republican Party in North Carolina is a mess even if it has the majority.

Republicans would like to believe that the Senate election in North Carolina is a replay of the Senate election in Arkansas in 2010.  That is as much a fantasy as that of most of us getting super-rich. 

Granted, the NC-GOP's ability to nationalize this race is probably limited, but a couple of months is still plenty of time for this race to deteriorate for Hagan. We also have to remember that many outside groups and the national Republican party are surely strong enough to affect this race.

Regarding the Senate races, I'm not really seeing any Southern Democratic candidate this year who is as weak as Blanche Lincoln was. That realization is one of my many reasons for having my current Senate forecast at a Republican gain of 5, with Hagan holding on in NC. Still, there is a very real possibility that Hagan's prospects could weaken and Tillis' could improve.
NHLiberal

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »

Granted, the NC-GOP's ability to nationalize this race is probably limited, but a couple of months is still plenty of time for this race to deteriorate for Hagan. We also have to remember that many outside groups and the national Republican party are surely strong enough to affect this race.

Regarding the Senate races, I'm not really seeing any Southern Democratic candidate this year who is as weak as Blanche Lincoln was. That realization is one of my many reasons for having my current Senate forecast at a Republican gain of 5, with Hagan holding on in NC. Still, there is a very real possibility that Hagan's prospects could weaken and Tillis' could improve.

This is horrendously phrased. I mean the bias is very evident. This could just as easily be phrased as "a Democrat who would consider supporting President Obama's policies and programs" and "a Republican who would obstruct Obama's programs and policies at every turn regardless of whether they would benefit North Carolina."
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 06:12:56 PM »

Tillis has made some nasty gaffes.

Much is possible in four months, but gaffes do not get undone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »

Tillis has made some nasty gaffes.

Such as.....?
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 08:14:44 PM »

Even if we see it fit to take any conceivable gaffes from Tillis into account, Hagan still isn't a strong candidate. This is probably going to be a close election in November either way.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:25 PM »

Yas Hagan, slay him, read him, drag him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 06:28:44 AM »

Dominating! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »