Hillary should have female opponents in the Democratic Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary should have female opponents in the Democratic Primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary should have female opponents in the Democratic Primary  (Read 380 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »

So says Rebecca Traister, who specifically encourages Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren and Hillary to run.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118389/hillary-clinton-needs-female-primary-opponent-2016
NHLiberal

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

I agree with this in theory, but it's also kinda ridiculous. Gillibrand running against her mentor, Hillary? That's less likely than Rubio and Jebby both running...
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »

Endorsed. The more women, the merrier.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »

I agree with this in theory, but it's also kinda ridiculous. Gillibrand running against her mentor, Hillary? That's less likely than Rubio and Jebby both running...

I agree it would be extremely difficult for Gillibrand to run against Hillary.  She would be instantly tagged as disloyal to the mentor who helped groom Kirsten for political office.  So perhaps she should be given a pass on this.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:19:28 PM »

It's not about sisterly deference. It's Clinton's dominance in polling and relationships with big donors scaring them off. That's probably the biggest reason even in the case of Gillibrand who reveres Hillary. She won't run against her. Warren might but she doesn't seem like she really wants to.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »

The Democratic women senators signed a pact to back Hilary. Schweizer or OMalley who arent waiting, will be the contestant well.

NHLiberal

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »

I agree it would be extremely difficult for Gillibrand to run against Hillary.  She would be instantly tagged as disloyal to the mentor who helped groom Kirsten for political office.  So perhaps she should be given a pass on this.

Not just difficult so much as...there's no chance she'd want to do that. She's one of the biggest Hillary supporters out there. It just doesn't make any sense. I agree that there is nothing wrong with Hillary facing female opposition (though saying Hillary *should* face female opposition kinda defeats the purpose because it's once again imposing special standards on women), but there would have to be a legitimate ideological, political, or otherwise significant factor prompting that woman to want to challenge Hillary. Warren would obviously make the most sense but she isn't interested.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »

What about Shenna Bellows? Tongue I think she could run for president if her Senate race doesn't have the desireble outcome. Smiley Also Kamala Harris probably.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »

None of those three are going to run against Hillary. Gillibrand has already endorsed her.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »

I'd also have to figure there's a lot of overlap in support.

She might end up being like Jon Huntsman, unable to make a serious impression in a race where someone else is the first choice of people who might otherwise consider her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »

I'm not sure if a Klobochar campaign would go anywhere. Gillibrand isn't going to run against Hillary. Perhaps Elizabeth Warren. Kamala Harris may run in 2024 or so.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies