Victorian State Parliamentary Election - 29 November 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Victorian State Parliamentary Election - 29 November 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Victorian State Parliamentary Election - 29 November 2014  (Read 13295 times)
Hifly
hifly15

« on: September 22, 2014, 05:55:13 AM »

Labor is in serious danger of losing a couple of its own seats thanks to dodgy candidates (see Macedon).

I wonder if Geoff Shaw will manage more than 7% of the vote.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »

Labor have already conceded the rural seat of Ripon, being vacated by popular MP Joe Helper who is not seeking re-election and moving to the Upper House.

It is imperative for the Victorian Pro-Life movement that Labor holds the marginal (now notionally Liberal after redistribution) seat of Monbulk in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, held by Deputy Opposition Leader James Merlino.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »

Polnut's info is usually very unreliable (remember 2013...), but yes, there will be a wide variety of swings and the Liberals will pick up at least one ALP held seat.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:06:13 AM »

I love you really.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2014, 06:14:17 AM by Hifly »

All of the candidates who might win Prahran are awful. There's around a 50 vote gap between Labor and the Greens so this one is going to take a while.
But the overall election is a convincing Labor victory.
Only Ripon was lost to the Libs.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:48 AM »

All of the candidates who might win Prahran are awful. There's around a 50 vote gap between Labor and the Greens so this one is going to take a while.
But the overall election is a convincing Labor victory.
Only Ripon was lost to the Libs.

Why's that? You do understand the area don't you?

No candidate you'd like could possibly win in Prahran.

Labor could have at least stood the man who actually won the branch preselection, former MLA Tony Lupton. But instead they put up that awful person, who incidentally came third in the branch preselection vote. His pathetic 25% of the vote share is embarrassing, even if he somehow does win in the end (but this will take a while).
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 03:03:16 AM »

It looks like the Liberals will retain Prahran, thankfully sparing the Labor caucus from Neil Pharaoh 😃.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 04:31:02 AM »

He is a completely talentless hack who came third in the branch preselection ballot with only 9 votes. That's just as embarassing as his own performance in the general election.

No, I do not oppose candidates based purely on their sexuality. Mike Michaud was one of my favourite candidates of the US 2014 cycle.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »

What a disastrous campaign for Labor in this seat, coming third in a seat they held until the last election! Hopefully they'll choose a proper candidate next time.

Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »

Daniel Andrews will face serious issues in the Legislative Council though.
And with a handful of the 13 Labor MLCs being of a moderate nature, nothing too extreme should be able to become law.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2014, 09:22:24 PM by Hifly »

Hifly your insight is as about as useful as your prediction  that Labor will lose Macedon. Just face it you know nothing.

I said, and I quote, that Labor was "in serious danger" of losing Macedon. That was not a prediction. This was a notion that was acknowledged at the time by many political pundits both within & outside of Labor.

My only prediction was that the Liberals would pick up at least one ALP-held seat, and I was right in that (see Ripon).

Also, don't you have me on ignore? If you don't, please put me back on ignore so you don't have to read my awful posts, and I won't get your nonsense replies ever again.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 09:07:19 PM »

ALP will win popular vote like 53/47 but lose in seats or a minority government.

I would just like to point out this little gem; what an awful prediction. It's quite sad actually because Victoria is your home state, so one would naturally expect you to have at least a slightly deeper insight.

But I guess you should carry on with your drivel, since you're the man with all the answers.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »

Well, Ripon was lost due to boundary changes and was only held last time due to a personal vote.

Yes indeed; I think I already mentioned that. It's astounding how much popularity Joe Helper retained since apparently he was the least active MP in Parliament.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies