Who is the best President, of these four?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:08:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who is the best President, of these four?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who is the best President, of these four?
LBJ

Carter

Clinton

Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Who is the best President, of these four?  (Read 1738 times)
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

I've always like Clinton.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »

LBJ
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »

1.Clinton (Who I think was easily one of the best presidents of the 20th century.)
2.Carter (I think that Carter was a fantastic president, but not as good as Clinton.)
3.Obama (I think that Obama is a great president so far, but not as good as Clinton and Carter.)

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 10:52:08 PM »

For me it's a close call between LBJ and Obama. I like LBJ for what he did for the civil rights movement, even though he knew it would have dire consequences for the Democratic party in the south.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »

Difficult between Clinton and LBJ. Clinton presided over eight years of relatively little change, with the significant things being accomplished (like welfare reform) being fairly good but not earth-shattering, though to be fair his first two years were unfettered awful. LBJ presided over civil rights and the main activity period of the Vietnam War (sounds excellent) but was also the architect of the Great Society (boo). Went narrowly with Clinton; as a tiebreaker, LBJ beat Barry Goldwater, who would've been a fantastic President, while Clinton beat Bush Sr. and Dole, who were both nothing special. (And Perot, I suppose).
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »

Carter

LBJ

Obama

Clinton
RR1997
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 03:50:26 PM by RR1997 »

1.Clinton (Who I think was easily one of the best presidents of the 20th century.)
2.Carter (I think that Carter was a fantastic president, but not as good as Clinton.)
3.Obama (I think that Obama is a great president so far, but not as good as Clinton and Carter.)

How does liking Clinton, Carter, and Obama make me a left-wing Democrat? You have to remember that all three of them were right-wing Democrats.

Carter was great because deregulated the airline, trucking, rail, communications, and finance industries, appointed Paul Volcker as the chairman of the Fed, was fiscally sound, he was pro - marijuana, he did a lot to help the enviroment, and etc.

Bill Clinton was easily one of the best presidents in American history. He signed NAFTA, passed welfare reform, gave us a surplus thanks to his budget cuts, worked with a terrible, unresposive, Republican controlled congress, expanded the tax credit, reduced the estate tax, cut taxes on small businesess, signed the reversal of the Glass-Steagall Act, was fairly globalist when it came to foreign policy, raised the minimum wage,  was the first president who appointed gays to his administration, and he was overall a great, neoliberal president.As you can see, I'm a fan of "New Democrats".

Barack Obama has so far been a great president because he signed the bailouts, reduced taxes for 98 percent of Americans, bringing them to lowest levels in 60 years, was the first president to openly support gay-marriage, kept Guantanamo Bay open, supports immigration reform, he helped kill Osama Bin Laden, he repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, has worked well with an unresponsive, Republican controlled congress, has also done a lot to help the enviroment, and etc. Also remember that I said that Obama was a great president, not a fantastic one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »

How does liking Clinton, Carter, and Obama make me a left-wing Democrat? You have to remember that all three of them were right-wing Democrats.

Carter was great because deregulated the airline, trucking, rail, communications, and finance industries, appointed Paul Volcker as the chairman of the Fed, was fiscally sound, he was pro - marijuana, he did a lot to help the enviroment, and etc.

Bill Clinton was easily one of the best presidents in American history. He signed NAFTA, passed welfare reform, gave us a surplus thanks to his budget cuts, worked with a terrible, unresposive, Republican controlled congress, expanded the tax credit, reduced the estate tax, cut taxes on small businesess, signed the reversal of the Glass-Steagall Act, was fairly globalist when it came to foreign policy, raised the minimum wage,  was the first president who appointed gays to his administration, and he was overall a great, neoliberal president.As you can see, I'm a fan of "New Democrats".

Barack Obama has so far been a great president because he signed the bailouts, reduced taxes for 98 percent of Americans, bringing them to lowest levels in 60 years, was the first president to openly support gay-marriage, kept Guantanamo Bay open, supports immigration reform, he helped kill Osama Bin Laden, he repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, has worked well with an unresponsive, Republican controlled congress, has also done a lot to help the enviroment, and etc. Also remember that I said that Obama was a great president, not a fantastic one.

I never said left wing.

Still, it's hard enough to find a Republican who likes just ONE of those presidents, much less all three of them. You're quite unique.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »

Bill Clinton was easily one of the best presidents in American history. He signed NAFTA, passed welfare reform, gave us a surplus thanks to his budget cuts, worked with a terrible, unresposive, Republican controlled congress, expanded the tax credit, reduced the estate tax, cut taxes on small businesess, signed the reversal of the Glass-Steagall Act, was fairly globalist when it came to foreign policy, raised the minimum wage,  was the first president who appointed gays to his administration, and he was overall a great, neoliberal president.As you can see, I'm a fan of "New Democrats".

I never said left wing.

Still, it's hard enough to find a Republican who likes just ONE of those presidents, much less all three of them. You're quite unique.

inb4 RINO.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »

Clinton.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »

1. LBJ
2. Carter
3. Obama
4. Clinton

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »

Carter, though Clinton is good too.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 07:41:46 AM »

This isn't a particularly great list, but of these, Clinton.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies