Midwest Political Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:54:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Political Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Midwest Political Tracker  (Read 2470 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2014, 01:39:05 PM by Cris »

After the election as VP, Governor Windjammer has resigned.
Now, Archduke Arturo Belano is acting governor. He has all the responsibilities of the Governor, but he is still Archduke.
A special election will be held between 6 days and Archduke Arturo Belano is likely to run for Governor.
If Arturo Belano will be Governor, he will resign from the office of Archduke in the period after 7 July, more than 30 days before a regularly scheduled election (the next Archduke election is scheduled in September 18). For this reason, the President Pro Tempore shall take over all responsibilities of the Archduke of Althing, with a special election taking place 10 days after said vacancy.
Also Representative Spamage has resigned from the Althing. The Midwest constitution is clear: " If a seat in the Althing is vacant within 30 days of a regularly scheduled election, then the Governor shall appoint a Midwest Citizen of his/her choice.". The next Althing election is scheduled for 17 July. Well, the next governor will appoint a Midwest Citizien in the Althing, presumably after 7 July.

Next elections in Midwest:

Governor

Declared candidates:

MW Archduke and Acting Governor Arturo Belano (Lab-NE)

Archduke

Declared candidates:

Potential candidates:

Former Most Serene Representative Cris (Fed-CO)
Most Serene Representative Adam C. Fitzgerald (Lab-MN)

Althing:

Declared candidates:

Former Senator Snowstalker (Lab-ND)
Former IDS Legislator Hashemite (VGAV-OK)

Potential candidates:

Most Serene Representative Adam C. Fitzgerald (Lab-MN)
Most Serene Representative Sol (Lab-MT)
Former Most Serene Representative Cris (Fed-CO)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:25:04 PM »

Actually, I'm not sure Arturo is Governor yet. According to NC Yankee, the federal constitution apparently says something about it being illegal to hold two offices simultaneously which means the Governorship is technically vacant until the election.

Otherwise, I love this idea! Every region should have one of these trackers and I hope this goes far. I'm probably going to run for Archduke, but no promises yet. Tongue
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:10:59 AM »

Actually, I'm not sure Arturo is Governor yet. According to NC Yankee, the federal constitution apparently says something about it being illegal to hold two offices simultaneously which means the Governorship is technically vacant until the election.

Otherwise, I love this idea! Every region should have one of these trackers and I hope this goes far. I'm probably going to run for Archduke, but no promises yet. Tongue

Arturo is the Acting Governor, but he is still Archduke and he can't nominate anyone.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 05:17:19 AM »

If my calculations are right, the Governor election will start tomorrow. And we haven't candidates.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »

I leave the Midwest after a surge in activity and new people arriving and we lack candidates for Governor again? Goddammit, xD
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

Arturo has declared that he will seek the Governorship.

It's unfortunate that former Senator Tmthforu94 has decided to once again try and win office in our fair region, and I would encourage all voters to make sure that he does not win a seat in the upcoming Althing elections. For those of you who are not familiar with the disgraced former Senator and former President, Tmthforu94 thrives on the use of blackmail and intimidation to corral voters his way, and feigns outrage at even the smallest perceived insult to him. A victory by Tmthforu94 in the Althing race would inevitably lead to his seeking higher office, and all the toxicity that normally accompanies it. He will campaign as a 'moderate', but do not be fooled - Tmthforu94 is a conservative Federalist that will stop at nothing to undo all the great things that our progressive administrations and progressive Althing have accomplished.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2014, 12:18:34 PM by tmthforu94 »

Actually, on second thought, I'm not going to waste any more time putting up with TNF's sh**t. I wanted to help out on the regional level because activity is sorely lacking the region, but it's not worth going through this again...

Congratulations TNF, you have successfully kept an active and experienced legislator from serving!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »

Actually, on second thought, I'm not going to waste any more time putting up with TNF's sh**t. I wanted to help out on the regional level because activity is sorely lacking the region, but it's not worth going through this again...

Congratulations TNF, you have successfully kept an active and experienced legislator from serving!

Excellent news!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »

Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »

I'll definetly celebrate the day when we get a new Senator in the Midwest... (and considering my performance in February, the day is closer than it may seem)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:57 PM »

Excellent news!

Glorious news!

I'll definetly celebrate the day when we get a new Senator in the Midwest... (and considering my performance in February, the day is closer than it may seem)

To paraphrase Scott from a long time ago, the only way TNF's going out is in a body-bag.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 10:11:01 PM »

Excellent news!

Glorious news!

To paraphrase Scott from a long time ago, the only way TNF's going out is in a body-bag.

Considering I tied and almost defeated the man by being ModerateVonHero and having a satirical song written about me, I wouldn't be so sure about it, Griffin, xD
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »

Excellent news!

Glorious news!

No he'll be primaried by AdamCFitzGerald
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »

Considering I tied and almost defeated the man by being ModerateVonHero and having a satirical song written about me, I wouldn't be so sure about it, Griffin, xD

Didn't you actually win that election but conceded? There's been like 3 of those instances nationally so I may be mixing that race up with another. Labor would probably have like 1 Senator right now if everyone played the game like we did (or more importantly, if we played the game like everyone else).
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 10:17:05 PM »

Didn't you actually win that election but conceded? There's been like 3 of those instances nationally so I may be mixing that race up with another. Labor would probably have like 1 Senator right now if everyone played the game like we did.
They tied, but Lumine conceded because TNF would've won if not for one of his supporters invalidating his vote.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »

Wait, wasn't Flo planning on running in the next Midwest Senate race? Huh
Flo's in the Pacific
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 10:21:14 PM »

Didn't you actually win that election but conceded? There's been like 3 of those instances nationally so I may be mixing that race up with another. Labor would probably have like 1 Senator right now if everyone played the game like we did.
They tied, but Lumine conceded because TNF would've won if not for one of his supporters invalidating his vote.

Indeed, it was a tie generated by someone who invalidated his vote. I chose not to fight the rematch since the tie was generated by an invalidation and it didn't seem fair, but of course, there are times in which I think that being nice in that occasion may not have been the wisest choice, xD
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »

SHOTS FIRED
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 04:08:33 AM »

Adam, what are you talking about? Obviously I'm awful and would completely destroy the Midwest  government if I got a position.

Don't worry though, the voice of the Labor Party got his way - I'm not going to waste my time on a game with someone constantly seeking to bring me down.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »

Adam, what are you talking about? Obviously I'm awful and would completely destroy the Midwest  government if I got a position.

Don't worry though, the voice of the Labor Party got his way - I'm not going to waste my time on a game with someone constantly seeking to bring me down.

Awesome!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 11:28:55 AM »

Lumine lost the Midwest Senate Election because of a improvvise "change of mind" of a laborite, that initially has supported the Lumine's campaign and joined the Lumine Team.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »

Lumine lost the Midwest Senate Election because of a improvvise "change of mind" of a laborite, that initially has supported the Lumine's campaign and joined the Lumine Team.

That is also true, but I guess there's no need now to blame Brewer for being so unreliable and dishonest, the man seems to have left Atlasia entirely.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:13 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 12:17:09 PM by Cris »

Special Gubernatorial Election (19 August)

Declared Candidates:

MW Archduke LeBron FitzGerald (Lab-MN)

Potential Candidates:

PPT Cris (Fed-CO)
Former Senate Candidate Rooney (Fed-IA)

GAworth
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »

Declared Candidates:

Potential Candidates:

PPT Cris (Fed-CO)

Former Representative GAworth (P.E.A.C.E.-SD)

Although I do wish to return to Midwestern politics, the Governor's mansion is not where I wish to start. I will not be running in the special election.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »

Declared Candidates:

Potential Candidates:

PPT Cris (Fed-CO)

Former Representative GAworth (P.E.A.C.E.-SD)

Although I do wish to return to Midwestern politics, the Governor's mansion is not where I wish to start. I will not be running in the special election.

Let's say that this is also my reasoning. I desire to continue in the Althing (as Representative and Archduke, in future) but I think also that we need a competitive race for Governor. I hope Rooney runs.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies