OurCampaigns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  OurCampaigns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OurCampaigns  (Read 2263 times)
RBH

« on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »

In a way, it's "back". But it's kind of an elephant graveyard.

The sheer amount of foolishness involved in how the site got yanked and is back up due to some sort of boredom from a certain person. And the database on OC now isn't even the database that existed when the site went down in June, so there's a bunch of 2014 stuff that isn't on there because it wasn't part of the site in April 2013.

Less said about some things with some people, the better. Some people matter less when you won't talk about them.

The database going to June 2014 is still around and will be part of a (still under-construction) http://www.electionsinfo.net/ The EI site is under coding construction at the moment since the current OC coding can't be taken over there due to wishes (back when it seemed like the OC site wouldn't be back in any form). At the risk of sounding like Walter White, the database that will be on EI should be deeper and better than the OC database. Hopefully the formatting and layout will be seen as better too. Anyways, EI will be around soonish, I don't know when, but this isn't exactly a no-deadline sort of thing from what i've heard.

Here's a template of a results page on EI: http://electionsinfo.net/elections23.php?electionID=491714 (the white text are things left to be done in assembling the page). So there's databases that are ready and some to be done.

But at least I can yoink the county results from an OC page with a map, do a few things in Notepad++, and get it in Election Atlas format to be posted on here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies