Quinnipiac University Poll: Obama worst president since WWII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Quinnipiac University Poll: Obama worst president since WWII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac University Poll: Obama worst president since WWII  (Read 4977 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: July 02, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
« edited: July 02, 2014, 04:15:19 PM by IceSpear »

I believe that 33% of Americans think Obama is the worst president. I certainly don't believe that statistic is worth the sensationalist headlines. Isn't that only a little bit higher than the percentage of birthers?

Also, as already pointed out, Dubya and Nixon had to compete for Democratic/left-leaning votes whereas the right wingers had an easy choice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:09:12 PM »

Wait, Winfield commented in this thread, and he didn't pick up on this question in the poll?

"In the Presidential election of 2012, if Mitt Romney had become President instead of Barack Obama, do you think that, in general, the nation would be better off than it is today or worse off than it is today?"

better off 45%
worse off 38%

I don't want to rub it in and say I told you so.

Besides, the OP was concentrating on what an absolute and abject failure Obama has been, not on what a great President Romney would have been.

Yes, it's such an accomplishment that Romney got a percentage who think we'd be better off which was lower than his actual percentage in the election.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »

Wait, Winfield commented in this thread, and he didn't pick up on this question in the poll?

"In the Presidential election of 2012, if Mitt Romney had become President instead of Barack Obama, do you think that, in general, the nation would be better off than it is today or worse off than it is today?"

better off 45%
worse off 38%

I don't want to rub it in and say I told you so.

Besides, the OP was concentrating on what an absolute and abject failure Obama has been, not on what a great President Romney would have been.

Yes, it's such an accomplishment that Romney got a percentage who think we'd be better off which was lower than his actual percentage in the election.

If you want to play that game, the percentage who think we'd be worse off with Romney than with Obama is pathetic compared to the percentage that voted for Obama. As for the undecideds in this poll, well we just won't talk about those people. Smiley

It's not a game, it's a statement of fact. Neither side has anything to brag about in that statistic, other than the fact that Romney voters were more loyal to their choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies