Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody!  (Read 11190 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »

Everybody is justifying Israel attacking Gaza by defending themselves.

But why Palestinians rockets aren't considered as self-defence from Palestine? Because they are Arabs?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

But why Palestinians rockets aren't considered as self-defence from Palestine? Because they are Arabs?

Hamas' stated goal is the extermination of Israel and as many Jews have to die in the process.

There can be no such thing as self-defense from Hamas any more than there can be self-defense from Al Qaeda.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »

Hamas' stated goal is the extermination of Israel and as many Jews have to die in the process.

There can be no such thing as self-defense from Hamas any more than there can be self-defense from Al Qaeda.

And the schemers in the Knesset seek to recolonize their rightful lands from those they see as subhuman and will clear out whoever needs to be cleared out to do so. The moderates want to stop at the Jordan River and starve out the Arabs in ever-smaller bantustans; the rising radical nationalists have taken a hint from their former oppressors and will soon unveil their goal:

which will need even more clearing out of the undesirables. As the Germans planned with Ukraine and the Volga basin, many will be killed outright (perhaps we'll see this done through the nuclear stockpile that they will finally acknowledge exists), some sent to hard labor camps, and some made house slaves (a program tried by the Nazis which, predictably, did not pan out as well as they wanted).

Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

So basically hypothetical conspiracies about Israeli master plans for conquest and mass murder vs. the actual Hamas charter.

Kay.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:39 PM »

I'd say the mass murder is already underway.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »

It's a war in painfully slow motion, with occasional nasty flare-ups when Hamas decides it's a good idea to bite.

If there was a mass murder going on, you'd know it. The Palestinian population is growing, which kind of contradicts any ideas of Israel trying to wipe them out. If that's their goal, they're basically the sh**ttiest supervillains ever.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:16 PM »

Wiping them out isn't necessary yet--just wiping them away and occasionally smacking down the ones causing trouble. Look at how long South Africa was able to hold on to its similar system.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »

Murdering innocent civilians would be the crime of distinction - which is related to, but quite distinct from, proportionality. Causing excessive civilian casualties in the pursuit of legitimate military objectives is what proportionality refers to.
And Israel has spent many millions on upgrading their bombs and tactics to avoid civilian casualties, they actually do a great job of it, considering how their enemy fights.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 01:01:18 AM »

Murdering innocent civilians would be the crime of distinction - which is related to, but quite distinct from, proportionality. Causing excessive civilian casualties in the pursuit of legitimate military objectives is what proportionality refers to.
And Israel has spent many millions on upgrading their bombs and tactics to avoid civilian casualties, they actually do a great job of it, considering how their enemy fights.

Perhaps the blurry distinction between military and civilian targets comes from the nature of the Gaza strip; eighty percent of its population consists of refugees from the original cleansing of the former British Palestinian Mandate, and for a decade now Israel has mounted a total blockade of their open-air prison. If you want I could swat down any other Western media narratives you can parrot.

Up to (and most likely well after) the open extermination campaign begins from Baghdad to Cairo, the American political and media elite will continue to have you wired up, though. They're God's chosen people, after all.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:24 AM »

And it looks like at least two of my recent posts have been reported. Israel is even under attack on an internet forum!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:39 AM »

Perhaps the blurry distinction between military and civilian targets comes from the nature of the Gaza strip; eighty percent of its population consists of refugees from the original cleansing of the former British Palestinian Mandate, and for a decade now Israel has mounted a total blockade of their open-air prison. If you want I could swat down any other Western media narratives you can parrot.
A blockade so total that the Palistinians living in Gaza are the fattest people in the Middle East (8th in the world) and have many hundreds of rockets.  A blockade so complete that they receive more aid per capita than any other group in the world.  Weird.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »

If there was a mass murder going on, you'd know it. The Palestinian population is growing, which kind of contradicts any ideas of Israel trying to wipe them out. If that's their goal, they're basically the sh**ttiest supervillains ever.

Yeah, contrast the growth of the Palestinian population with what we'd get if Hamas had as much power as the Israeli government.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »

And it looks like at least two of my recent posts have been reported. Israel is even under attack on an internet forum!
Well you have revealed in several posts that you're a bigot, so that shouldn't be surprising to you.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 01:33:57 AM »

Well you have revealed in several posts that you're a bigot, so that shouldn't be surprising to you.

Cite?

And sure they can eat, as long as they don't get any ideas about developing infrastructure.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »

Well they had a cool water park once, for about 2 weeks before it was destroyed.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »

Typical Zionist. Anyone critical of Israel must be a bigot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »

In dead0man's defense, the anti-semiticism in Snowstalker's posts were pretty blatant, and I am no fan of Israel by any means.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »

In dead0man's defense, the anti-semiticism in Snowstalker's posts were pretty blatant, and I am no fan of Israel by any means.

The sarcasm was also blatant though. I think he's just calling out the hypocrisy of the average westerners views on this issue.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

Quit the trolling snowstalker. Internet 'debate' on this topic is noxious and obnoxious enough; it does not also need to provide the backdrop for one of your ridiculous onanistic cabarets.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/11/house-israel-resolution_n_5578649.html

Anyone care to comment on this besides the Ayatollah Snowstalker and Holy Joe dead0man?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 02:47:37 PM »

Well, there is nothing special there. The findings are quite well-known facts and I doubt anyone would disagree than Hamas should stop launching rockets.

I would prefer if the resolution mentionned the fallings and the extremists on both sides, but I'm fine with that resolution. Not than it's relevent in the conflict (that resolution will have no effect at all).
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 02:47:57 PM »

The Egyptian and the Americans are sharing the blame for this madness continuation. The lethargic effort to negotiate to an already known ceasefire is equally at their doorstep.

No it isn't you don't get to blame anybody else. Yes USA could force a ceasefire through, but if USA decided to do that, it would be because they threated Israel with a boycot and recognised Palestina.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »

Quit the trolling snowstalker. Internet 'debate' on this topic is noxious and obnoxious enough; it does not also need to provide the backdrop for one of your ridiculous onanistic cabarets.

Maybe not, but when people begin justifying the murder of civilians and ethnic cleansing with the fact that some Palestinians want to drive most Israelis into the Sea (meaing deporting them to Europe), it's fair to look at the thoughts of some Israelis. The Israelis who want a border at the Nile and Euphrates may be rare than the Palestinians who want to drive "the Jews" out, but I doubt the later are much more common, than the number of Israeli (and foreign Zionists) who to drive the Palestinian of the West Bank east of the river Jordan. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »

There are deranged extremists on all sides, of course. But snowstalker is only doing this for attention and because he thinks doing so is funny. I would argue that discussion of this topic is enough of a disaster area without people doing that...
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 05:21:58 PM »

Whenever I think our house is run by mad men I can always look at the American one and relax, there are worse. Obama's ineptitude in restraining Aipac. is a mockery.

Now can the administration start brokering a ceasefire? too many people already died.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies