Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:41:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody!  (Read 11252 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: July 05, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »

Apparently they burned him alive.

The Israeli police also beat up the cousin of the dead teenager, who happens to be a US citizen.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/05/world/meast/mideast-tensions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The police say he was part of a masked gang carrying knives.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/american-teen-brutally-beaten-israeli-police-family/story?id=24436457

Hopefully they'll find the culprits behind both kidnap/murders soon so they can all face justice and this will die down.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »

Another 30 today....looks like it's about time for Israel to "cut the grass" again.

...but of course most of you don't want to hear that. (hence the crickets)  When Israel responds though....oh you'll care then.

...30 people kidnapped? What are you talking about?
I think he was referring to 30 rockets being fired?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

Everybody is justifying Israel attacking Gaza by defending themselves.

But why Palestinians rockets aren't considered as self-defence from Palestine? Because they are Arabs?

Hamas' stated goal is the extermination of Israel and as many Jews have to die in the process.

There can be no such thing as self-defense from Hamas any more than there can be self-defense from Al Qaeda.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

So basically hypothetical conspiracies about Israeli master plans for conquest and mass murder vs. the actual Hamas charter.

Kay.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »

I'd say the mass murder is already underway.

It's a war in painfully slow motion, with occasional nasty flare-ups when Hamas decides it's a good idea to bite.

If there was a mass murder going on, you'd know it. The Palestinian population is growing, which kind of contradicts any ideas of Israel trying to wipe them out. If that's their goal, they're basically the sh**ttiest supervillains ever.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

The question of "why doesn't Obama restrain AIPAC" boils down to "He tried in 2010. He became the first President to ever lose a PR battle with a foreign country".

Also, I have sigs turned off, so I missed the repugnant cartoon by raging anti-semite Carlos Latuff in Snowstalker's sig. That really says it all.

Hoping this latest round of shooting will end soon. Nothing will change in this situation in the long run, and then ideally the hysterics will die down.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »

AIPAC isn't that bad. They are more moderate than the Canada's foreign affairs minister, which more or less said than wanting a cease-fire is supporting terrorists. (Not than it's surprising, there a common saying than he is "Israel First, Canada Second", which is wierd considering he has no link with Israel.)

And besides, the Christian Zionists are just as big if not a bigger influence in US support for Israel, for their own purposes.

AIPAC is mainly Jews supporting Israel, and the focus on it - especially any talks of how it should be "cracked down on" makes me uneasy.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »

AIPAC isn't that bad. They are more moderate than the Canada's foreign affairs minister, which more or less said than wanting a cease-fire is supporting terrorists. (Not than it's surprising, there a common saying than he is "Israel First, Canada Second", which is wierd considering he has no link with Israel.)

And besides, the Christian Zionists are just as big if not a bigger influence in US support for Israel, for their own purposes.

AIPAC is mainly Jews supporting Israel, and the focus on it - especially any talks of how it should be "cracked down on" makes me uneasy.

So because it is mainly "Jews supporting Israel" it should be immune from criticism?

They certainly don't deserve more scrutiny or "Crackdown" than any other advocacy group in the United States. The overemphasis as them as "power brokers" while the Christian zionists get less attention is a bit disturbing.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »

So because it is mainly "Jews supporting Israel" it should be immune from criticism?

They certainly don't deserve more scrutiny or "Crackdown" than any other advocacy group in the United States. The overemphasis as them as "power brokers" while the Christian zionists get less attention is a bit disturbing.

CUFI isn't as powerful, though. There may be far more Christian Zionists than Jewish Zionists in America, but Jewish Zionists still have the "loudest voice" so to speak.

To be frank, as long as they're following the law, their voice should be of no concern to anyone. And aside from the sketchy Bush-era prosecutions of two officials, I don't believe they've been involved in any legal issues.

People are free to disagree with their agenda, but the attempt to make them some sort of threatening boogeyman has always had some disturbing overtones. Especially when it gets into implications of them having too much power or influence over the government.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »

I agree that Christian Zionists don't get enough attention. I also think Jewish Zionists need to realize that people who support Israel for particularly nasty reasons (i.e. anti-Islamism, anti-Arabism, a desire to foment Holy War in the Middle East, a desire for the Jewish people to face End Times destruction and forced acceptance of Christ) aren't really their friends.

Agreed. Any port in the storm and all that is convenient, but some of these people are our enemies as much as the radical left can be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies