is it Trump Time?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:14:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  is it Trump Time?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: is it Trump Time?  (Read 11282 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »

Should Republicans nominate Donald Trump in 2016? Trump was the most beloved candidate among Republicans in 2012, making a strong showing in many polls before announcing he wouldn't run. He's already got name recognition across the country and he proved he has the necessary leadership skills during the birth certificate incident. Could Donald Trump save the Republican Party?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »

No
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »

Why not? He could even self fund part of his campaign like Mitt Romney or Meg Whitman or Linda McMahon. Being able to self fund is a huge positive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »

Almost certainly.

Trump/Cain
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »

Is America worthy?
NHLiberal

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 04:46:38 PM »

Why not? He could even self fund part of his campaign like Mitt Romney or Meg Whitman or Linda McMahon. Being able to self fund is a huge positive.

Right, especially since Romney, Whitman, and McMahon all won their respective races, largely in part to their self-funding abilities.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

Reported for trolling.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »

Does he have a television show coming up?
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »

I remember my first post on this forum was a topic asking if Trump would run. At the time I thought he would, but now it's highly unlikely.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »

It's never Trump Time.

Ever.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:32 PM »

How did it work out for those three candidates?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »

They had the money necessary to compete and all of them came within a sliver of winning. I think Trump's charisma and likeability along with his name recognition will be enough to have Hillary shaking in her heels.
NHLiberal

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 06:08:54 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2014, 06:10:59 PM by NHLiberal »

They had the money necessary to compete and all of them came within a sliver of winning. I think Trump's charisma and likeability along with his name recognition will be enough to have Hillary shaking in her heels.

Linda McMahon did not come anywhere CLOSE to "within a sliver of winning."

CT Republicans are idiots for running McMahon over Shays in 2012, and they are idiots for not having convinced him to run for Governor in 2014.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »

CT Republicans are idiots for running McMahon over Shays in 2012, and they are idiots for not having convinced him to run for Governor in 2014.

I lived in CT during McMahon's senate run and she was all over the airwaves. I motivated my friends and family to vote for Blumenthal so that made a dent in her numbers. The third time will be the charm for Linda.
NHLiberal

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »

I lived in CT during McMahon's senate run and she was all over the airwaves. I motivated my friends and family to vote for Blumenthal so that made a dent in her numbers. The third time will be the charm for Linda.

...you have got to be kidding me. McMahon lost because of you? She'll win again? When? You think if she couldn't win an open seat, one of which took place during a wave year, she'll take out Blumenthal or Murphy? Is she even interested? Are you high?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2014, 07:01:38 PM by Napoleon »

...you have got to be kidding me. McMahon lost because of you? She'll win again? When? You think if she couldn't win an open seat, one of which took place during a wave year, she'll take out Blumenthal or Murphy? Is she even interested? Are you high?

While I take great offense to your accusation, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not a troll. I think we can have a good discussion here but this is off topic.

Let me bring it back.

Which of the early primaries can Donald Trump win? I think he would have a good chance in NH but needs to say he is anti-choice to gain an advantage in Iowa. SC will probably go to an incompetent boob like Rick Perry, What do you think?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »

Please nominate him. For both the entertainment and your assured loss.
cbannon5
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »

He'd probably be more influential as a third party / independent candidate. Assuming he would be able to get enough ballot access, he would probably be able to draw enough votes to hurt the GOP in November.  Donald Trump is so egotistical I could imagine him doing it.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »

No, and it never will be Trump time.
NHLiberal

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »

While I take great offense to your accusation, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not a troll. I think we can have a good discussion here but this is off topic.

Let me bring it back.

Which of the early primaries can Donald Trump win? I think he would have a good chance in NH but needs to say he is anti-choice to gain an advantage in Iowa. SC will probably go to an incompetent boob like Rick Perry, What do you think?

How am I a troll? You dismissed me saying that McMahon lost on the grounds that you contributed to that by telling your friends not to vote for her, then said that she will run for Senate again and win. Both of those are outlandish statements that I think you have to defend.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »

I didn't call you a troll but I'm trying to tell you man. This thread is about Trump and whether he would be a strong candidate for the GOP. He is more charismatic than Paul Ryan and he isn't a Bush.

McMahon won't run a third time, I was mocking the fact that she thought she seems hell bent on running in every senate election. Its her money. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

No, and it never will be Trump time.

He's getting old so it has to be now if he's going to do it. Would you vote for Trump or Clinton?
cbannon5
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »

After just gazing through Trump's ontheissues page I think his key to some electoral success, as an independent or third party candidate, would be to play the role of Pat Buchanan or Ross Perot and champion economic protectionism along with fiscal conservatism.  If he stays on message about these issues then I would imagine that he could do well with blue-collar whites and high-school educated whites in the Rust belt and South. 
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:57 AM »

Yes, it is time for Trump to make another season of The Apprentice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies