Office of IDS Legislator Maxwell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:32:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of IDS Legislator Maxwell  (Read 228 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

Welcome guys, yes please sit.

I have an announcement coming soon, please be excited.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:15:52 PM »

Legislator Maxwell introduces Mental Disability Help Bill

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My career, I have fought on the belief that those who can help themselves should be given the room to do so. However, this is quite a different occasion. I have always believed that those who absolutely can not help themselves should be helped by the government and given the resources in order to live.

Thus this announcement is the bill I have put on the floor of the IDS. I want the help every single individual who is willing to give, because if we put forward a comprehensive bill on the subject we can change the lives of people for the better, and help those who can't help themselves. I urge the IDS to pass it, but also to be constructive and bring their knowledge and expertise to the table in order to come up with accurate numbers  that will put us on the right path.

The bill does a couple of things - it gives parents of mentally disabled children more breathing room so that they aren't stuck with a school that doesn't help them, as well as regulates schools and teachers who may cause neglect and prevent escape of these children. This also helps funding of school special education programs and facilities for the mentally disabled. It also puts money behind research for causes and care techniques.

Please ask questions in this thread if I didn't already say it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:52 AM »

Are you thinking about looking for a promotion in the Legislature or from the Legislature? Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »

Are you thinking about looking for a promotion in the Legislature or from the Legislature? Smiley

I was originally thinking about rising to Speaker within the next term, but recent events have me reconsidering that. I'm just wanting to get the Legislature kicking again, and hoped a proposal like this could get that happening.

Still not even sure whether or not I'm running for re-election even Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies