For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ...

25-30

30-40

40+

Celibacy

Already married

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married?  (Read 1094 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:43:57 AM »

The way I'm planning things, option 13.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 04:46:02 AM »

22-23-24
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »

Late twenties.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »

None
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 05:00:33 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2014, 05:02:28 AM by oakvale »

I'm 23. I don't think about such things (not clinically insane).

e: I voted 30-40 because the younger options seem disturbing to me in 2014 and if that dark day should ever come that seems like a reasonable age range. Someone voted 23? What.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 05:07:24 AM »

I get wanting to save your 20s for fun and sh**t (though if you spend 40% of your waking time here, how much fun are you having really?), but there is some value at getting the kids out of way at a reasonably young age.  It's nice to toss the football with the boys and not have to cover myself in Bengay when I'm done.  I'll be well under 50 when my youngest graduates HS...and thank Og.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 05:11:11 AM »

Probably early thirties.

Your liberal church bans its priests from having sex? Or are you voluntarily choosing to do this...?

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 05:13:23 AM »

e: I voted 30-40 because the younger options seem disturbing to me in 2014 and if that dark day should ever come that seems like a reasonable age range. Someone voted 23? What.
Yep it's me.
I would like to have kids relatively early!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 05:16:01 AM »

Yeah, sounds about right.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 05:20:39 AM »

Yep it's me.

The idea of thinking about having children in your twenties (I don't know what age you are but I'm assuming it's under 23) is literally incomprehensible to me but whatever floats your particular boat.

Re: above - surely celibate priests defeat half the purpose of being a liberal christian? Sad
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 05:26:52 AM »

Probably early thirties.

Your liberal church bans its priests from having sex? Or are you voluntarily choosing to do this...?

The church I'm in now (UCC) allows clerical marriages, but there's a strong possibility that I'll be ordained in the UMC if I'm accepted to the seminary I want.  I'm not sure whether they allow clerical marriages, but it's not really a big deal to me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 05:30:25 AM »

The idea of thinking about having children in your twenties (I don't know what age you are but I'm assuming it's under 23) is literally incomprehensible to me but whatever floats your particular boat.

QFT.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 05:31:36 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNhd7dLj3w&feature=kp
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 05:41:27 AM »

Yep it's me.

Re: above - surely celibate priests defeat half the purpose of being a liberal christian? Sad

QFT.

But why? Having children is probably the best thing that can happen to someone. And if you have children early, you will have grandchildren early as well. And having grandchildren is probably awesome as well.

(and I'm 19)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »

Yep it's me.

QFT.

But why? Having children is probably the best thing that can happen to someone. And if you have children early, you will have grandchildren early as well. And having grandchildren is probably awesome as well.

(and I'm 19)

I get your point, but most people in their 20s are just not mature or experienced enough to undertake such a responsible task.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 05:47:30 AM »

Yet they've been doing it since forever...weird.  Hell, that was OLD to have kids for 99% of the time we've been humans.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »

Who else is celibate?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 05:49:01 AM »

Yep it's me.

QFT.

(and I'm 19)

I get your point, but most people in their 20s are just not mature or experienced enough to undertake such a responsible task.

Kal,
I have a question for you.
Do you want to have a kid in your 30's, or you don't want to have kids at all???
And could you explain your answer as well please?
This is really interesting to have other opinions on that!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 05:56:19 AM »

Yep it's me.

QFT.

(and I'm 19)

Kal,
Do you want to have a kid in your 30's, or you don't want to have kids at all???

Honesty speaking, dude, I don't think making such plans makes much sense. In short: I don't know.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 05:58:32 AM »

Yep it's me.

QFT.

(and I'm 19)

Kal,

Honesty speaking, dude, I don't think making such plans makes much sense. In short: I don't know.

Well, I understand that thinking about having children when we're young can be interpreted as "strange" Tongue.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 06:01:43 AM »

Anyway, re: the above, I don't want to have children (sane) and plan to leave the world a smoking, ruined husk for the next generation (sane).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:32:40 AM »

Actually, being a celibate doesn't preclude entering into a marriage.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 06:39:49 AM »

I don't plan on getting married.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 06:53:48 AM »

22 (since I'm 21 and getting married next July)

More generally: I'm in favour of marriage as soon as you're able to support yourselves as a couple. That probably means 20-24 for most people who are serious about young marriage, although some girls at my church have married at a slightly younger age and it's worked out fine.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »

'What age do you plan on getting married'

What are we all? 6? I might as well ask if you all want to be a fireman when you grow up. You don't plan anything like this; marriage happens when it happens (and unhappens when it needs to happen too) To think otherwise, or to try and plan it out is a bit strange.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies