For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...

25-30

30-40

40+

Celibacy

Already married

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: For unmarried people - by what age would you like to be married?  (Read 1100 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 04, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »

None
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:30:25 AM »

The idea of thinking about having children in your twenties (I don't know what age you are but I'm assuming it's under 23) is literally incomprehensible to me but whatever floats your particular boat.

QFT.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »

I'm 23. I don't think about such things (not clinically insane).

e: I voted 30-40 because the younger options seem disturbing to me in 2014 and if that dark day should ever come that seems like a reasonable age range. Someone voted 23? What.
Yep it's me.
I would like to have kids relatively early!

The idea of thinking about having children in your twenties (I don't know what age you are but I'm assuming it's under 23) is literally incomprehensible to me but whatever floats your particular boat.

Re: above - surely celibate priests defeat half the purpose of being a liberal christian? Sad

QFT.

But why? Having children is probably the best thing that can happen to someone. And if you have children early, you will have grandchildren early as well. And having grandchildren is probably awesome as well.

(and I'm 19)

I get your point, but most people in their 20s are just not mature or experienced enough to undertake such a responsible task.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 05:56:19 AM »

I'm 23. I don't think about such things (not clinically insane).

e: I voted 30-40 because the younger options seem disturbing to me in 2014 and if that dark day should ever come that seems like a reasonable age range. Someone voted 23? What.
Yep it's me.
I would like to have kids relatively early!

Re: above - surely celibate priests defeat half the purpose of being a liberal christian? Sad

QFT.

But why? Having children is probably the best thing that can happen to someone. And if you have children early, you will have grandchildren early as well. And having grandchildren is probably awesome as well.

(and I'm 19)

I get your point, but most people in their 20s are just not mature or experienced enough to undertake such a responsible task.

Kal,
I have a question for you.
Do you want to have a kid in your 30's, or you don't want to have kids at all???
And could you explain your answer as well please?
This is really interesting to have other opinions on that!

Honesty speaking, dude, I don't think making such plans makes much sense. In short: I don't know.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 06:32:40 AM »

Actually, being a celibate doesn't preclude entering into a marriage.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »

Anyway, I don't believe creating your road map, like "I'll get married at 25, have first kid at 26..." makes much sense. Life just doesn't work this way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies