Do you have a plan for your life? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you have a plan for your life? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well? Education, career, marriage, kids?
I have a very general plan for my entire lifespan.

I have a very specific plan for the next few years at least.

lI have an idea where I'd like to be next year.

I am doing things vaguely aware that they will affect me in the future

I have plans for dinner tomorrow night, thank you very much!

I swim in the Eternal Now without needs.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Do you have a plan for your life?  (Read 3378 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: July 05, 2014, 10:35:07 PM »

I don't. I don't see a path forward in my current job and would like to be doing something else, but inertia is keeping me from looking for another position. I'd like to move somewhere else, at least for a while, but I'm not sure where. I'd like to travel more while I'm still somewhat young, but I don't have the time or anyone to go with.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »

I wish I was good at making sacrifices now for the benefit of the future. My grades were good enough to study and become whatever I wanted, but I told myself I'd rather do something I enjoyed and not sit through four more years of chemistry and math stuff. I guess I didn't realize that the difference could literally be hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Now I'm struggling to patch something together career-wise, and I have no idea what I'm actually going to do. I'll be a certified elementary school teacher this time next year, but good luck finding a job. Maybe I'll try my hand at urban planning next and build up a good experience profile for municipal politics. I don't know. The bad thing is, as time goes on and I feel less and less on track and independent when compared to my peers, I feel more and more bitter. I actually find myself loathing people with a lot of money, just because I screwed things up for myself. Gosh, I really did my undergrad wrong. Then again, if I did it over again I don't really see myself doing it any better. That's the sad thing.

Anyway, I'm done with my incomprehensible sobbing. Tongue

My mother didn't get around to finishing her BA until she was 32. And over the next twenty years, she went through multiple careers before finding one she actually enjoyed. So one thing I have learned from her is that life isn't always going to be a traditional, linear path, and if you don't like the one you're on, step off and make a new one and don't let anyone tell you it's too late or that there's no point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies