A Game of Thrones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:06:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Game of Thrones
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 12920 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »

(OOC: The Word document I was using to write “The Second Republic” got deleted. Although I could have created a new document and picked up from where I left off, I took it as a sign from above to end the TL, going so far as to remove the thread. My heart wasn’t in it and it was a bit tedious for me to write anyway. My apologies. I hope that this TL will be much more exciting and fun to write.)

Governor George W. Bush/Fmr. Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney (R) - 246
Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 242

It is currently 2AM in New York and only one thing is certain at this hour - this race is incredibly close. 4 states are too close to call, as of yet, and they are Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Oregon. That’s 50 Electoral Votes that could swing this race either way. Officials at both campaigns are saying that they feel the wind is in their sails and that they have a legitimate path to victory. We have a projection coming in, it is Wisconsin for Gore. This is a major blow to the Bush camp, who put a lot of resources into the Badger state in the last few weeks. Wisconsin’s 11 Electoral Votes put the Vice President ever closer to that magic 270, but he’s still 17 away from the White House. - Tom Brokaw, NBC

Wisconsin
√ Gore/Lieberman (D) - 49.87%
Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.85%

Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 253
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »

Winning Wisconsin means that we’re winning this election. Bush had been up in the polls lately and the fact that we came back to win the state means we have the momentum to carry Iowa, Oregon, and Florida. - Donna Brazile, Campaign Director for Gore/Lieberman 2000

The results in Wisconsin are very close and were determined by a handful of votes. The Wisconsin vote means very little, nationally, and we still feel confident that we are going to be heading to Washington. - Ari Fleischer, Spokesman for Bush/Cheney 2000

Iowa
√ Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.54%
Gore/Lieberman (D) - 48.22%

Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 253
Governor George W. Bush/Fmr. Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney (R) - 253

It is 4AM in the East and the race is now all tied up. Both the Governor and the Vice President have 253 electoral votes. Florida is now a must-win state for both campaigns, as it will decide the winner. Oregon, and it’s 7 Electoral Votes, now will serve as either the icing on the cake for the victor or the consolation prize for the loser. One thing that can be projected at this time is the Senate , where Republicans will hold a 52-48 majority after the certification of the Senate results in Delaware and Florida. - Peter Jennings, ABC

Florida - SENATE
√ Bill McCollum (R) - 50.8%
Bill Nelson (D) - 47.4%

Delaware - SENATE
√ William Roth, Jr. (R) - 48.46%
Thomas Carper (D) - 48.42%

107th Congress -  Senate
52 Republicans - Led by Senator Trent Lott (MS)
48 Democrats - Led by Senator Tom Daschle (SD)

107th Congress - House of Representatives
221 Republicans - Led by Speaker Dennis Hastert (IL-14)
210 Democrats - Led by Representative Dick Gephardt (MO-3)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

This is looking interesting...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:11:21 AM »

Good evening and welcome to the CBS Evening news. It is Thursday, November 9th, 2004 and I’m Dan Rather. Our top story tonight - Oregon. The Secretary of State in Oregon, Bill Bradbury, has just announced that the results of that state’s presidential race are in and it’s going for Gore. Green Party candidate Ralph Nader made an impressive showing in the Beaver State, claiming nearly 6% of the vote. Here are the final results. - Dan Rather, CBS

Oregon
√  Gore/Lieberman (D) - 46.98%
Bush/Cheney (R) - 46.50%

Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 260

Florida, Florida, Florida. The Sunshine State will decide this race, and I think we’ve got the votes needed to win there. - Governor George W. Bush

The Governor is right about one thing - Florida will pick the President. It’s clear that that nation has sided with me and I know that Florida will send me into the White House. - Vice President Al Gore, Jr.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »

Breaking news, coming into CNN on November 10th, 2000. We can now announce, based upon the results from the Florida Secretary of State’s office, that Florida will cast it’s 25 Electoral Votes for Vice President Al Gore. With those Electoral Votes, Vice President Gore has won 285 Electoral Votes and the Presidential race. - Bernard Shaw, CNN

Florida
√ Gore/Lieberman (D) - 47.988%
Bush/Cheney (R) - 47.987%

√ Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 285

We are not ready to concede this race. There is reason to believe that, in several counties in Florida, there have been severe voter irregularities. The campaign will file paperwork later today to request a manual recount in Florida. - Ari Fleischer, Spokesman for Bush/Cheney 2000

Florida voted for me and their Electoral Votes went to me. That’s how our Democracy works. For Governor Bush to go to Court over it is a waste of the taxpayers money. - President-elect Al Gore, Jr.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »

Looks good!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »

At noon today, November the 12th, 2000, the Court decided by a vote of 5 to 2 to order a manual recount of all votes statewide. They made this ruling based on allegations of voter fraud and various irregularities. - Craig Waters, Spokesman for the Florida Supreme Court

Florida Recount (22% In)
Bush/Cheney (R) - 47.992%
Gore/Lieberman (D) - 47.986%

As far as I’m concerned, there is no President-elect right now. The Supreme Court down in Florida has ordered a recount of the votes statewide. There is no victor in Florida and I have not conceded this race yet. - Governor George W. Bush

I believe that the recount will show the same results, but for the sake of respecting our democratic practice I will agree to wait until the recount is certified before preparing my transition into office. I hope that the recount will be handled in a speedy manner, so that our government can be put back on track. - Vice President Al Gore
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »

Florida Recount (51% In)
Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.001%
Gore/Lieberman (D) - 47.992%

Newspaper Headlines

New York Times: Still No Winner (11/14/00)

Chicago Tribune: Bush Leads in Recount (11/19/00)

Boston Globe: Bush and Gore Tied in Current Recount Numbers (11/20/00)

Orlando Sentinel: Final Recount Results Expected Soon (11/25/00)

The final results of the Florida recount for the race of President in that state are now coming in to ABC. According to Florida’s Secretary of State, Katherine Harris, Governor Bush has won the state and it’s 25 Electoral Votes. This means that George W. Bush, not Al Gore, will be moving into the White House, taking up his father’s former post in the Oval Office. The totals are up on the screen now.- Barbara Walters, ABC

Florida Recount (100% In)
√ Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.003%
Gore/Lieberman (D) - 48.001%

√ Governor George W. Bush/Fmr. Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney (R) - 278
Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 260

Thank you! I told y’all we’d do it! I knew that the votes were there, it was just a matter of counting them up right. Now we’re on to the White House! - President-elect George W. Bush

I do not believe these results for one instant. The recount was handled by the Secretary of State’s office, who is a partisan Republican. The results must be counted by a non-partisan group for them to have any standing. That is why my campaign is filing paperwork with the Justice Department to have an independent committee formed to certify Florida’s electoral process. - Vice President Al Gore
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »

I have decided, on advice from various counsel, the FEC, and the President, to appoint a five-member panel that will investigate and certify the election results of the state of Florida, as well as the states of Iowa and Wisconsin. Until the panel can do so, the Justice Department has decided to invalidate the electoral votes of all three of these states. - Attorney General Janet Reno (12/2/00)

2000 Election Results Panel

Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder, Chairman (I)

Massachusetts Attorney General Thomas Reilly (D)

Nebraska Attorney General Don Stenberg (R)

Maine Secretary of State Dan Gwadosky (D)

Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell (R)

Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 249[/b]

The Electoral Results Panel is a farce, created by Democrats who can’t admit that they lost the election. The people have voted, now let their voices be heard! My campaign will be taking the Justice Department to court over it’s invalidating of the votes of several states. This is clearly unconstitutional. - Governor George W. Bush

I trust Attorney General Reno’s judgment and will support the decision of the Electoral Results Panel. For Governor Bush to pursue further legal action is partisan and trivial. - Vice President Al Gore

If the Electoral College isn’t sorted out sometime soon, it’s clear what needs to happen for our nation to continue: Speaker Hastert has to assume the Presidency. - Undisclosed Congressman
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »

It is now December 24th, Christmas Eve, and the Electoral Results Panel has not yet issued it’s results for any of the three states it was charged with certifying. The Supreme Court has also not announced whether it will hear Governor Bush’s case against the Justice Department due to Chief Justice Rehnquist falling ill. With both of these events up in the air, it is becoming more and more likely that we may not have a President to swear in on January 20th. - Wolf Blitzer, CNN

I believe in the American system of government and I believe in the votes of the American people. The circus that Vice President Gore is engineering at the Justice Department is a slap in the face to the ideals our Founding Fathers built our nation on. - Former Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney

I ask that the Electoral Results Panel expedite their process and release their results in time to properly plan an Inauguration on January 20th. - Senator Joe Lieberman

The Supreme Court has received papers from George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney to bring suit against the United States Department of Justice on the grounds of a question of the constitutionality of it’s recent actions regarding the Presidential Election in the states of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Florida. The Court has held hearings into the case and has voted to hear the case. Oral arguments are set to begin on January 15th, 2001. - Chief Justice of the Supreme Court William Rehnquist

If the Supreme Court doesn’t hear the oral arguments until the 15th, there’s no way that we’ll have a President for the 20th. Denny Hastert is going to the White House. - Undisclosed Senator
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »

After many weeks of investigation the Electoral Results Panel has certified the election results in Florida, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The results, as we have determined are true and accurate, are being distributed to the media as follows: Wisconsin for Gore, Iowa for Gore, and Florida for Gore. It is hereby certified by this panel that Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. has been duly elected President of the United States and Joseph Isadore Lieberman has been duly elected Vice President of the United States. - Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder, Chairman of the Electoral Results Panel

Florida
√ Gore/Lieberman (D) - 49.001%
[Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.998%

Iowa
√ Gore/Lieberman (D) - 48.335%
[Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.334%

Wisconsin
√ Gore/Lieberman (D) - 50.887%
[Bush/Cheney (R) - 48.546%

√ Vice President Al Gore, Jr/Senator Joe Lieberman (D) - 292

The Senate and House will not schedule floor time to meet in a joint session to certify the Electoral College votes, as they were handed down by the Electoral Results Panel, because of the current case before the Supreme Court. - Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott

As the Congress is not prepared to certify the Electoral Votes, it does not appear that there will be a President-elect in time for the Inauguration on January 20th, now only 7 days away. That is why I am taking steps to assume my constitutional duty as Acting President, until a proper winner can be decided. - Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert

Newspaper Headlines

Wall Street Journal: America Faces First Major Constitutional Crisis (1/11/01)

Daily Mail: Americans Fail to Elect a President (1/12/01)

Boston Herald: Electoral Panel Declares Gore President-elect, Supreme Court Silent On Issue (1/13/14)

Washington Post: Hastert Preparing to Take Office (1/14/01)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »

Supreme Court Oral Arguments in Bush v. Justice, Heard on January 15th, 2001

Your Honors, the Department of Justice has taken unprecedented steps to assure that the White House remains in the hands of the incumbent party. The Attorney General, Ms. Reno, appointed an overly Democratic panel to supposedly independently review election results. This is clearly unconstitutional and an affront to our nation’s democratic principles.- Theodore Olson, Counsel for Governor George W. Bush

The actions I have taken were clearly within the scope of the Justice Department’s powers. The panel was made of 2 Democrats and 2 Republicans, with an independent, judicial officer as its Chairman. They spent over a full month investigating all counties and charges of fraud and irregularity in the three closes states. We believe that these results are the true and honest votes of the American people. - Attorney General Janet Reno

It is Thursday, January 18th, 2001. The Supreme Court has been meeting behind closed doors since Oral Arguments ended on the 16th and there is no talk of a ruling come down anytime soon. As things stand at the moment, Speaker Dennis Hastert is being prepared to be sworn in as Acting President on Saturday. This is an unprecedented and shaky moment for our nation. - Brian Williams, NBC

Nationwide Polling, done by NBC/WSJ
Does Speaker Hastert have a claim to the Presidency?
Yes - 29%
No - 29%
Unsure - 42%

Who do you support for President?
G. Bush - 47%
A. Gore - 46%
D. Hastert - 4%
Other/Unsure - 3%

Was the Electoral Results Panel a good idea?
No - 53%
Yes - 37%
Unsure - 10%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »

Very interesting - looking forward to seeing how this turns out!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »

Breaking news coming into Atlanta at this moment. It has now been confirmed, by Associate Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, that Chief Justice William Rehnquist has died at the age of 76. Rehnquist has been a long-time sufferer of thyroid problems and succumbed to what is believed to be advanced thyroid cancer early this morning. This means that the Supreme Court is now without a Chief Justice at perhaps the most critical moment for the Court in the last century. We’re waiting on an announcement from the Court on how Rehnquist’s death will affect the Bush v. Justice Department proceedings. - John King, CNN

William Hubbs Rehnquist
October 1,  1924 - January 19th, 2001
United State Supreme Court Associate Justice (1972-1986)
United States Supreme Court Chief Justice (1986-2001)

Out of respect for the late Chief Justice Rehnquist, the Supreme Court will recess for a period of mourning of two weeks and then resume deliberations on all pending matters at that time. The Court understands the immense power of the decisions before it at this time, but we feel that it would be disrespectful to the deceased to continue on as if a titan of the Court had not just passed away. - Acting Chief Justice John Paul Stevens

I am now prepared to take the oath of office and assume the duties of Acting President at noon tomorrow. Acting Chief Justice Stevens will administer the oath on the steps of the Capitol. Both Governor Bush and Vice President Gore are invited to attend. - Dennis Hastert
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »

I, John Dennis Hastert, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God. - Acting President Dennis Hastert

Congratulations, Mr. President. - Acting Chief Justice John Paul Stevens

I pledge my full support to Acting President Hastert and his government, for such a time as is fit for him to govern. - Governor George W. Bush

I believe that I should be taking the oath of office today, as my election was certified by the Election Results Panel. The case before the Supreme Court is a farce and a ploy. Judge Sandra Lynch, of the Court of Appeals of the First Circuit, has agreed to administer the oath of office to me, as the rightful President, on February 1st in New York City. - Former Vice President Al Gore
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 09:19:10 PM »

Hastert isn't really President. He got the oath wrong.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »

I believe that I should be taking the oath of office today, as my election was certified by the Election Results Panel. The case before the Supreme Court is a farce and a ploy. Judge Sandra Lynch, of the Court of Appeals of the First Circuit, has agreed to administer the oath of office to me, as the rightful President, on February 1st in New York City. - Former Vice President Al Gore
Oh, yeesh. Isn't this how civil wars have started?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »

Hastert isn't really President. He got the oath wrong.

I debated which oath to give him. I chose to go with the generic oath to support the Constitution over the Presidential oath only because of his tenure as "acting" President.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »

Part II: A Clash of Kings

If Al Gore takes his oath on the first, it will be considered an act of treason against the United States of America. He is actively attempting to bring down the government and create a public insurrection. I demand that he withdraw his plans or be prepared to face severe consequences. - Acting President Dennis Hastert, speaking at a Press Conference on January 26th, 2001

What authority does he [Dennis Hastert] have to declare my rightful taking of the oath of office an act of treason? He’s the one doing treasonous acts by propping up George Bush’s frivolous lawsuit against the Justice Department. - Former Vice President Al Gore, in an interview with Chris Matthews on January 27th, 2001

Well Tom, there’s been a surprising silence from George Bush. Since the Inauguration he’s returned to Texas to continue serving his term as Governor, remaining silent on the squabble between Acting President Hastert and former Vice President Gore. Yesterday various Governors, Senators, and Congressmen were seen leaving the Governor’s Mansion in Austin. We’re expecting an announcement from the Governor or his staff sometime tomorrow with a statement from this closed-door meeting. - Andrea Mitchell, NBC

Nationwide Polling, done by CNN/ORC
Do you approve of Acting President Hastert’s actions?
Yes - 42%
No - 38%
Unsure - 20%

Do you approve of Al Gore’s actions?
Yes - 37%
No - 32%
Unsure - 31%

Is it treason for Al Gore to take an oath as President?
Unsure - 43%
No - 29%
Yes - 28%

Should the findings of the Electoral Results Panel be upheld?
Yes - 41%
No - 30%
Unsure - 29%
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well crap.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »

We’re live outside the Supreme Court where the ruling in Bush v. Justice has just been handed down.  I’m reading it now, it appears that...yes. You’re hearing this live on CBS: The Supreme Court has declared the Election Results Panel unconstitutional and overturned the ERP’s findings. However, the ruling doesn’t declare a winner in the Presidential race and the majority opinion says that the Justices found “severe irregularities” in the Florida state-run recount. This comes 24 hours before Al Gore is scheduled to take an oath in New York City. We’ll have to wait and see what happens now. - Mike Wallace, CBS

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God. - Al Gore

Congratulations, Mr. President. - Judge Sandra Lynch

Moments ago, Al Gore took an oath to the office of the Presidency. This is an act of treason, plain and simple. Acting President Hastert is giving Mr. Gore one last chance to repent and turn back. If Mr. Gore relinquishes his claim to the Presidency, he will face no consequences. - Acting White House Press Secretary Tony Snow

What you’re seeing on the screen now is live video from New York City, where supporters of Al Gore are fighting with federal troops stationed in the City to maintain order. Some rocks have been thrown and tear gas has been employed, but as of yet no one has been severely injured. Hold on, Governor George Bush is holding a Press Conference at this moment. Let’s go to Austin. - Bernard Shaw, CNN

The Supreme Court, the highest court in the land, ruled that the Electoral Results Panel was unconstitutional. This means that the original results in Iowa and Wisconsin, and the recount in Florida, stand as true. As such, I have been elected President of the United States. I’ve spoken with Acting President Hastert and he has agreed to cede his power to me, as the rightful and elected President. Associate Justice Sandra Day O’Connor has agreed to administer the oath to me tomorrow morning, here in Austin. - Governor George W. Bush
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

It begins.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God. - George W. Bush

Congratulations, Mr. President. - Associate Justice Sandra Day O’Connor

Acting President Hastert has given Al Gore numerous chanced to give up his treasonous plans. He has rejected every one and taken further actions that are creating a public insurrection against our nation’s government. Because of these reasons, President Bush has directed me to issue a warrant for the arrest of Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. on charges of high treason. Under the supervision of Judge John G. Robert, I have done so. - Acting Attorney General John Ashcroft

Al Gore has taken up residence in Gracie Mansion of New York City, using at the base of his government. The NYPD has declared it’s loyalty to Gore and is heavily fortifying the mansion. So far there have been no moves by federal agents to arrest Gore, but we are watching the situation closely. - Tom Brokaw, NBC

Al Gore has just issue a statement from his office. We’ll put it up on the screen now. In it, he calls for his supporters to secede from the Union. The state legislatures of New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire, and Maine have all passed resolutions doing just that and pledging their support to Al Gore. Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Maryland are considering similar resolutions at this time. It appears that America may be facing a second civil war. - Peter Jennings, ABC

Our government has failed us. The man that the people of this nation elected has been barred from holding his rightful seat in Washington and an impostor had claimed the office. This is not the nation our founders envisioned, where the loser can still take up an office that he clearly did not win. I am calling my supporters from across the nation to petition their state legislatures to secede from this corrupt union and form a new nation, one actually built on freedom, equality, and justice. - Statement from Al Gore, issued on February 12, 2001
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »

So, this is the map of Civil War II (This Time, It's Personal):

Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »

Didn't the people of NH vote for Bush...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies