Who will win in Connecticut?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:26:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win in Connecticut?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will win in Connecticut?
Dan Malloy (D), I

Tom Foley (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Who will win in Connecticut?  (Read 1128 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 02:29:00 AM »

I tend to think a lot more seats will flip in 2014 than most people here do. I think the Republicans will pick up CT, IL, and AR (with decent chances in HI and CO and non-negligible chances in MA), but I also think the Democrats will pick up MI, PA, ME, WI, KS, GA, SC, AND FL (with decent chances in AZ and OH and non-negligible chances in IA and NE).

I think this year's gubernatorial elections will look like 2002 with lots of seats flipping on both sides.

Everything I highlighted I disagree with,  with SC, IA, and KS just being pipe dreams

You don't think we'll pick up Maine? And Kansas a pipe dream? LOL look at a poll. And yeah Iowa we probably won't win, but gun to my head I do think we take South Carolina.

LePage is in trouble since there is no fourth candidate, but I feel he is being underestimated. Collins is on the ballot this year first, and her immense popularity will draw in at least a few undecideds.

By the way, don't say "we." Makes you guys sound like a hive mind.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 08:44:04 AM »

I feel that the deep blue (atlas red) nature of Connecticut will save Malloy.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »

Possibly Foley, but at this point the Connecticut gubernatorial race is going to be one of the most difficult races this year to accurately predict.
This, but I certainly hope Foley wins.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »

Malloy wins
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2014, 09:55:40 AM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

I think Foley will, narrowly.

Also, Former State Rep. Jonathan Pelto, a Democrat, is running as a Democrat. If his candidacy catches fire, game over for Malloy.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »

Also, Former State Rep. Jonathan Pelto, a Democrat, is running as a Democrat. If his candidacy catches fire, game over for Malloy.

Pelto is not running as a Democrat. He is petitioning for ballot access as a candidate of his own "Education and Democracy" party, though he would most certainly attract the votes of liberal Democrats in a general election.

Even if Pelto manages to only win 1-2% of the vote, the margin between Foley and Malloy is likely to be tight enough that a third-party Pelto candidacy could significantly improve Foley's odds of winning the election.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »

Pelto is not running as a Democrat. He is petitioning for ballot access as a candidate of his own "Education and Democracy" party, though he would most certainly attract the votes of liberal Democrats in a general election.

Even if Pelto manages to only win 1-2% of the vote, the margin between Foley and Malloy is likely to be tight enough that a third-party Pelto candidacy could significantly improve Foley's odds of winning the election.

Don't forget about Joseph Visconti, he looks like he could easily pick up 1-2% and negate or surpass any damage Pelto could do to Malloy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »

my bad, that was my typo, I meant to put independent.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies