Attention whoring: Farewell Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Attention whoring: Farewell Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention whoring: Farewell Atlas?  (Read 230 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:30 AM »

Forums in general have been a major part of my life since about 2007-08. I generally am not the biggest social butterfly in the world, but this gave me something interesting to read when I was dead bored. Which is quite often. I developed a strong interest in politics in about 2010, first following the Aussie election, then developing an interest in American politics.

The big problem now is that it's a bit of a lull wrt elections. I'm not American, so the policy side of things in America doesn't effect me, and in Australia politics hasn't been in the news much lately and it's just not really in season (though once parliament starts sitting again, it might get juicy, but even then Australian politics isn't really talked about much here). And in general large parts of the forum are sh**tty. FC and Individual Politics are basically spam - there's not that much worth reading there, and I feel my posts there are kinda out of habit, and places like the US General Discussion and 2016 boards are kinda circlejerky. And I'm generally not super concerned with non-Aussie/American politics so the International boards don't appeal that much to me. IRC is good, but even then.....the time zones aren't convenient for me.

In addition, my life is on the verge of changing to a good extent. I'm starting TAFE (basically a slightly more vocational version of community college) next week and with attending classes and doing homework etc. I'll have less time for this. Yes I posted a sh**tload at school, but I hope with a 6 month break from study I'll be a lot more mature, as well as the thought that doing well here will get me better job opportunities in said field. I also want to try and get my life sorted again, I'm losing contact with my peers, and want to get back in the circle.

So what does this mean? I just feel I'm "addicted" to forums, and just go on them for the sake of going on them. Accordingly, I'm trying to fix this by cutting back, and this means that I won't be on Atlas for a few months. I'll likely come back by the midterms/state elections down under, but yeah I won't be on for a while. To those who I consider friends and care about my absence, farewell.

TL;DR, finding forums boring, am leaving for a while.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 06:08:31 AM »

You were always good to me. I will miss You. Good luck with you education. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:29:35 AM »

Best of luck, young friend.   
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

Sad to see you go, but I understand. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:36:58 AM »

Good luck!  I once had an Australian friend who attended TAFE, and he seemed to really enjoy it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies