a few words from senator shua
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:51:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  a few words from senator shua
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a few words from senator shua  (Read 449 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »

Greetings.

I have a message for my constituents today, and as I am an at-large Senator, that means you!

First I would like to make an announcement that I have already made privately to members of my party: I will not be standing for reelection in August and am instead endorsing Deus for my first preference. I was very much impressed with his last campaign, bringing up some important but neglected issues in a very thorough way.  He will be a great addition to the Senate. 

I would like to congratulate DemPGH and Windjammer on their win.  The new President and I have had some differences in the past, but I am encouraged so far and hopeful we can work together productively during the remainder of my term. Meanwhile Windjammer has shown great enthusiasm in his new role.

I would like to thank President Duke for his work in the office of the Presidency.  He's been enjoyable to work with and he has been great in his office. Also thanks to Cincy, one of the best VPs we have had. 

Recently the Senate was able to make a major reform of healthcare, and I would like to the thank everyone who made that possible as well, including the President, and especially to Yankee, who did so much and helped us pull it all together after I had pretty much given up on seeing anything done. Also thanks to Riley who put this issue before the Senate, and others who gave their input. The night Yankee, Duke, Lumine and I were able to get it done was a great one and a lot of fun.  I am grateful that my input and ideas for reform were able to be central to much of the bill, and what we came up with, while not perfect, was to my mind the best bill we could have expected to see. 

Thanks for listening, and if you found this boring, don't worry I may have some more relevant things to say later!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

Thank you for your service, senator.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »

Thank you for your service, senator.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:46:07 PM »

It has been pleasure serving with you in the Senate, Shua, you always provided a new perspective to many issues while giving sound advice.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »

Dear god man I waited two years for you to come back to the Senate and now I am losing you again. Sad

I like Deus a lot, he has a lot of energy and passion even if we disagree on some things, but there is only one shua.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »

It's been fun. Thanks for all you did during your time in the senate, and especially your work on the healthcare bill - your work and input was invaluable there. It was a good ride, and I'm happy with what we accomplished together over the last 8 months, but we all have to hop on the retirement train sometime.

I saved you a seat. Wink
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 01:35:58 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »

I've been away for the past week and a half working at a summer camp and reflecting on where I want to focus my energies. As I was away I decided I probably would not come back for the full remainder of my term. Coming back, I have decided to go ahead and step down.  You all are great people but the Senate is not a place of positive energy for me right now.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »

I'm sorry to see this, shua.  You have been an extremely active and productive senator and will be sorely missed by all of Atlasia.  I'm sorry that me getting involved in the game again didn't better coincidence with your time in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies