Do you miss Alvin Greene (D-SC)?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you miss Alvin Greene (D-SC)?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you miss Alvin Greene?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Do you miss Alvin Greene (D-SC)?  (Read 2250 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »

And is also evidence that the average Democratic voter in SC is not competent enough for choosing their Government.

And the average South Carolina Democratic voter is, by any other name...

This statement is also true for most voters in America, regardless or party, race, gender, etc. Voters in Florida, New York, New Jersey, South Carolina etc seem to go out of their way from time to time in making Democracy look bad.

You believe that most Americans are too stupid to choose their government?

"Making Democracy look bad" is a far milder choice of words than "not [being] competent enough to choose [one's] government". The former makes a statement about the voters' decisions, while the latter makes a statement about the voters themselves. 

To me, being competent *enough* to choose one's government should mean actually knowing the basic details of said government and at least something about the candidates for an office as high as the US Senate. Sadly all too many do not.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »

HP, but it was interesting to see the Green candidate get almost 10% of the vote.

Still, I'm surprised that the SC Democrats would be so incompetent to nominate him.  Obviously the SCDP isn't in great shape, but it's not like Oklahoma where Democrats are pretty much resigned to losing and nominate Jim Rogers for every race.

This was basically my dad's introduction into S.C Politics, first time he voted since my folks retired down to suburban Charlotte.  He was one of those 10% that voted for the Green Party candidate.

He couldn't bring himself to vote for an obvious joke candidate, and wasn't going to vote for someone like Demint under any circumstances.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies