Opinion of Murrieta, California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:31:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Murrieta, California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this city?
FC

HC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Opinion of Murrieta, California  (Read 322 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »

Unfortunately, whatever positive reputation this almost unknown place is gone by the ugly protests. Protesters are back on the march today. The American flag wavering, angry mob of white people angry at illegal immigrants has really struck me as a good chunk of what the far right is really like on this issue. There is a strong sense of 'their' country being threatened by 'illegals'. I don't care what your position is on this, anybody should be ashamed, especially republicans and conservatives, by this almost hateful behavior. You can support right wing immigration policies and very well not be like these people. Here are some pictures of what I mean:

RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »

"THOSE DERN IMMERGRANTS TRYIN TO STEAL OUR JERBS!!!!!!!"

Massive HC of course, full of ignorant idiots.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »

I'm glad they are out there and I hope all who illegally enter this country are deported-just like any other nation.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »

"Stop illegal immigration" is hateful language?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:09 PM »

"Stop illegal immigration" is hateful language?

No, but yelling "go back home" and "we don't want you here" can be borderline hateful, yes. Illegal immigration is a terrible thing, but your not going to win with this very unwelcoming message. I think the most disgusting thing I've seen is the woman (second picture) with the "protect your kids from diseases" sign. Diseases are a big problem with all these immigrants, but it sends a message that they want the dirty diseased illegals away from their innocent children (which for me brings chills of segregation protests). And there are a few people from the CCIR that were at the protest as well, a hate group as defined by the SPLC. So while much of the rhetoric I wouldn't say is hateful, some of it is, and most of it is not warm hearted.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »

one question I have is - is Murietta considered more part of the SD area or more of the IE?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 12:53:25 PM »

The unceasing irony of all this, of course, is that those waving the flag and demanding deportations are the descendants of immigrants themselves, whose ancestors probably faced the same kind of anti-immigrant nonsense upon making their way to these shores. Attacking immigrants misses the bigger picture: Who benefits from what is, essentially, slave labor? Who benefits from you getting angry and shouting at another working stiff? Who benefits from an economy in which jobs are scarce?

I'll give you a hint: it's not the immigrant family you're hating on.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »

one question I have is - is Murietta considered more part of the SD area or more of the IE?

All I know is Murrietta Valley High School's science olympiad team competes in the Inland Empire region. Overall I'd say it's the southern frontier of the IE, along with Temecula.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

It's most definitely in the Inland Empire. I'd say it's among the worst of Southern California.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies