Confirmation hearing: Averroes for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:39:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Averroes for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Averroes for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmed)  (Read 1555 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »

Well, I greatly respected Nix when he was President and I was supportive of him in that time, respect that I certainly haven't lost with time, which means I am more than willing to support the nominee as long as I clear out one or two issues of which I'm curious of.

In regards to Ukraine I am quite supportive of the nominee's views in how to react against Russia on their aggression, but I have some doubts as to how the nominee would handle the relationship with President Poroshenko and what kind of aid to Ukraine he has in mind. As I stated before I do not share the skepticism of the President in regards to Iraq, so that puts me at odds with the administration, but I am supportive as well of the nominee's plans to meet with General Zebari and keep an open mind in regards to potential plans.

That said, I also have a series of questions:

-Do you plan to have an overreaching theme or message as SoEA?

-What do you think we should about the Global Treaty Organization?

-How do you plan to pursue the administration's plans to reform the United Nations?

-What are your thoughts regarding China? Do you see it as a rival? If so, how would to try to contain them?

-What is your take on the Superique Israel-Palestine peace deal?

-Do you have any plans regarding the ongoing Syrian Civil War?

-Lastly, I would like to see if the nominee has any plans regarding some nations that have been in the news lately, like Egypt, Thailand and Japan.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »

I'm not entirely supportive of some of the views presented (and it seems I will be at odds with the administration on foreign policy in several issues), but overall Nix is an active Atlasian and a man who has a record of being effective, so it would be cynical to oppose him just because of some minor disagreements. As of now, I could say I support the nominee.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies