"Hillary better watch out." (Evan Bayh) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  "Hillary better watch out." (Evan Bayh) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Hillary better watch out." (Evan Bayh)  (Read 2921 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: April 04, 2005, 11:32:37 AM »

He's fallen out of favor here. I did a mini-primary maybe a month ago and no Democrat was close, now he can barely get a vote in the April Poll.

Everyone ran to him because of his "electablity" and popularity in a conservative state. 

Which is exactly why, I think Bayh would be a formidable opponent. With Bayh being a centrist, there is little chance of an ideologically polarised election. A polarised election between a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican means only one thing: an inevitable GOP victory

www.indystar.com/articles/2/234344-3682-009.html. Bayh is polling well in Indiana and 49% would vote for him as president, 33% wouldn't and the rest didn't know. Bayh would be unbeatable in Indiana unless he was opposed by Dick Lugar

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 12:17:18 PM »

If Bayh could win his homestate of Indiana, that would be huge. I was under the assumption that he would NOT be able to win in Indiana.

Bayh has a near certain chance of winning Indiana. He has a broad bi-partisan and cross-ideological support base. Over a third of Republicans and conservatives vote for Bayh - granted he might not attract that level of support from them in a presidential race - but he'd do well enough among them (along with liberals, moderates, Democrats and independents) to see him cross the finish line

The extent to which he wins depends on who would be the GOP nominee

Some conservative columnists absurdly wrote Bayh off in Indiana when he voted against Condi Rice - but I think this poll says otherwise!

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies