Opinion of Glenn Beck giving food and water to immigrants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Glenn Beck giving food and water to immigrants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
Freedom action, at least he is actually doing something

Horrible action, now more parents will send their kids over

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of Glenn Beck giving food and water to immigrants  (Read 868 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:23 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2014, 05:20:52 PM by Thomas Jefferson »

Freedom action of course. Michael Savage and the other looney right ring radio hosts aren't doing anything to help out.
I must say, from Beck supporting same sex marriage to this, I have a much better view of him now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »

Horrible action. Why should rightwing radio hosts do anything besides trolling. I don't mind giving aide to these people in the interim, but we need to begin deportations as soon as possible.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »

Horrible action. Why should rightwing radio hosts do anything besides trolling. I don't mind giving aide to these people in the interim, but we need to begin deportations as soon as possible.

...Aren't you supposed to be a libertarian?
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

If that's true then good for him. Freedom action (not a hack), although I still don't like him.

A central tenet of libertarianism is priority of property rights over all human rights.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »

Libertarianism doesn't have a unified opinion on the matter, but I am a huge believer in law and order. I don't think people have a right to just enter the country. If the laws were changed (which I would oppose), I would accept these people and wouldn't be against them staying.
GaussLaw
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »

Very positive.

I admire Glenn Beck as a good Christian and someone who has different views but is committed to helping those less fortunate.

Good for Glenn, bad for the other RW hosts who refuse to open their hearts.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »

FA (Not sociopathic)
Small L
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »

Libertarianism doesn't have a unified opinion on the matter, but I am a huge believer in law and order. I don't think people have a right to just enter the country. If the laws were changed (which I would oppose), I would accept these people and wouldn't be against them staying.
It's not libertarian to estimate rights based on the government's decision to recognize them.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »

Bad idea. This only encourages more illegal activity at the border. But then again, when has anyone expected an intelligent action from Glenn Beck?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »

While they're here, we should behave with compassion. Good for Glenn Beck.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:32 AM »

It's not libertarian to estimate rights based on the government's decision to recognize them.

Of course, Dallasfan will likely top this quote, but for now this is my favorite libertarian post of the week.

However, let us consider the possibilities.  When it comes to deportations there are two clear responses: 1. let them stay and try to find ways to make them American citizens, or 2. eject them from the country by force, if necessary.
I guess if you take an extreme line on government benefits for "illegal" immigrants, ie "they are using the system while putting nothing in" (also untrue, it's virtually impossible to not pay taxes in America in some form) you could make an argument that deporting "illegals" or building a border fence is somehow libertarian if you believe that by this method "illegal" immigrants are causing "harm" to the millions of "legal" residents who also rely on welfare programs.
As a counter point though, I should note that such a thought process sounds just like liberal/left wing talking points about how taxes should be raised on the upper classes because "they take too much from society" (a talking point I don't disagree with at all, to be fair).  Arguably, a libertarian perspective should try to avoid adopting a collective worldview, given the strong emphasis on civil liberties that is inherent in the movement.  Otherwise they run the risk of becoming socially moderate right wingers.

Oh wait, this is a thread about Glenn Beck doing some nice for a change?  Oh right.  Ugh I guess FA on his part, though I would prefer if he did a 180 on the issue and become all out pro-open borders.  If there is anything the US absolutely needs it's more Mexicans.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »

FA. I'll give credit where credit is due. I only hope through this he may perhaps realize the need to comprehensive immigration reform.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »

FA (not a monster)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »

Freedom Action, Glenn Beck seems sincere on this one.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 12:31:12 AM »

RINO !
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: