Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:47:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote)  (Read 16610 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: August 04, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »

I'm now sponsoring this bill for ex-Senator Griffin.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 04:25:05 PM »

Fine with me. I'm ready to vote on it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 02:24:45 AM »

Aye
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »

This "muh X" so-called argument that leftists here primarily use is irritating by this point and only serves as a distraction away from actually refuting any of the points made here. Talking with someone as ideologically driven as TNF about changing his mind on this is absolutely pointless and he acknowledges that. I would hope that the other comparatively moderate Laborites listen in, however. So far I haven't seen anyone really refute the criticisms of the bill as substantively as those who made those criticisms.

I didn't choose to put my name toward this bill as a sponsor for any ideological reason. Indeed, there are parts of it that run counter to some of them. I did this because of the reasons I outlined in the debate thread. I grew up with a family that had to use things like LIHEAP in order to get by. I'm not ordinarily someone who favors nationalization of industries, but if it meant families like that have one less bill to worry about, especially in winter, then I'd support it. My reasons are less ideological than they are personal.

I will vote Aye and if it "destroys my reputation", then I guess it's something I'd have to live with.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »

I didn't choose to put my name toward this bill as a sponsor for any ideological reason. Indeed, there are parts of it that run counter to some of them. I did this because of the reasons I outlined in the debate thread. I grew up with a family that had to use things like LIHEAP in order to get by. I'm not ordinarily someone who favors nationalization of industries, but if it meant families like that have one less bill to worry about, especially in winter, then I'd support it. My reasons are less ideological than they are personal.

I will vote Aye and if it "destroys my reputation", then I guess it's something I'd have to live with.
Sorry but this is getting kind of frustrating at this point. Have you read anything I've written in this thread? This bill will increase energy costs for a number of reasons which I have detailed countless times. It will lead to power outages during cold winters when many households are trying to use heating. Stop pretending that this will make energy free when that is not what the bill does and not the effect it will have.

Would it piss you off if I told you that I didn't read anything you wrote? I mean, what are you expecting me to say? I didn't agree with your analysis.

If the bill is to be defeated by the votes as it appears, then so be it. It's not personal, nor is it something to get angry about. Keep in mind something... THIS IS A GAME.

Since this bill appears headed for defeat, what's the point of getting your blood pressure up?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »

I'm glad to see that this can be fixed and rectified. If it needs fixed, then let's fix it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies