Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:15:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote)  (Read 16572 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 17, 2014, 04:55:08 PM »

Why should we nationalize our energy industry? Why such animus towards private ownership?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »

Why should we nationalize our energy industry? Why such animus towards private ownership?

My friends in the Labor Party and I think that energy should be produced and use for and by the people instead of corporations that seek only profit.

What is the problem with corporations seeking profit? Isn't that their prime bottom line. If they make the big profits it naturally will trickle down into funding programs that will improve the lives of all Atlasians besides their employees? Didn't folks like the Rockefeller family do that? 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »

Deus, the right wing arguments against this are end of the world, etc., and I have no reason to accept that as yet. Because what's behind it is "muh private corporations!"

I mean, I live in PA . . . We at the moment are run top down by the GOP, and they could not privatize the booze stores because it was going to be a financial disaster.

The left wing arguments completely lack merit on this energy bill. Deus and the assertions of the right are correct. The left wants to nationalize energy because they want more land under the centralizing control of the national government. Do I dare articulate the reasons why nationalizing industries is a bad thing to do? I could think of hundreds of millions of reasons why governmental ownership of any industry is a terribad idea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies