Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote)  (Read 16586 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »

Nay.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »

I would have hoped that the original results of the vote would stand, but since we're going into a redraft I fully agree with Deus on this issue (and by extention with Simfan, Oakvale and Nix), I don't think a redraft can change this bill enough in order for me to vote for it. The arguments made for the citizens have been clear and consistent, and when the side supporting the bill can only say "muh private ownership of energy" and that private ownership shouldn't exist on the first place you know that the reasonable choice is to defeat this bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »

Well, considering Yankee is right regarding the change of votes lasting 24 hours, I believe this should fail 7-3 (o 6-3 if Yankee's vote is not counted). I think both the public reaction and the poll on the subject clearly show that most of Atlasia opposes nationalization, or, if you prefer me not using a generalization, that they oppose this attempt at nationalization of a key area of the economy. Just like Bore I deeply regret not participating more openly here, but I am more than relieved with the final result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies