Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:27:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed)  (Read 2381 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
« edited: July 18, 2014, 12:56:30 PM by VP windjammer »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senators, you have 72 hours to ask questions to Simfan.
Simfan, you have 72 hours to defend yourself.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

Simfan, what are your goals for this position?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »

A final vote is now open. Please senators, vote AYE, NAY or ABSTAIN.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »

AYE
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »

Why would you vote to confirm a nominee who didn't even show up?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »

Nay. It seems Mr. Simfan's punctuality is at about the level of the wiki he's to oversee.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:04 PM »

Is it allowed for Simfan to respond to this even though the vote has already started?  If so I will wait for his response before voting.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:56:14 PM »

Nay
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »

Nay, I suppose, since he hasn't shown up
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:01 AM »

Is it allowed for Simfan to respond to this even though the vote has already started?  If so I will wait for his response before voting.
I don't know if this is allowed or not. But at least, this  isn't forbidden!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »

NAY
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »

To keep the Wiki up to date and give legal counsel to the administration.

Nay, I suppose, since he hasn't shown up

I wasn't aware that I'd have to be re-nominated. I hope you'll forgive my oversight.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »

that'll do I guess.

Aye
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

Question:

When did you last put any statutes into the Wiki? I only ask because I know, even recently, that Maxwell has been helping with that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »

Remember when DemPGH became AG because Bacon King didn't show up before the Senate?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »

Question:

When did you last put any statutes into the Wiki? I only ask because I know, even recently, that Maxwell has been helping with that.

In June, I believe.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »

Nay
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »

Remember when DemPGH became AG because Bacon King didn't show up before the Senate?

Yes Smiley

Since he has shown up, it was done seperately from the others and there was confusion about the necessity of it, I will give him the benefit of a doubt on his late appearence.

So AYE
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:33 PM »

Because Goldwater, like fellow Federalist DC Al Fine, is not interested in doing his job.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:14 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2014, 07:49:39 PM by Senator Goldwater »

Because Goldwater, like fellow Federalist DC Al Fine, is not interested in doing his job.

He's made only two posts on the FG board since the beginning of April (other than votes and some variation on "I support this" or "I oppose this"). This post from last week is the longest post that he's made since he swore in at the beginning of January, and the only one that he's made in seven months as a Senator that is over two sentences.

No offense, Goldwater, but you're the Clarence Thomas of the Atlasian Senate. I have no idea why the Federalists renominated you, but the fact that you won reelection by virtue of having a pulse and a blue avatar is depressing. And unless someone is just PMing you when your vote is needed, I don't know how you have any fun playing the bystander in a game like this.

I don't know. I guess I just feel like I don't have anything of value to add to most discussions. But don't worry, I won't be running for reelection next month, so the worst Senator ever will be out of your hair soon enough...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »

This is unfortunate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 03:42:07 AM »

He's made only two posts on the FG board since the beginning of April (other than votes and some variation on "I support this" or "I oppose this"). This post from last week is the longest post that he's made since he swore in at the beginning of January, and the only one that he's made in seven months as a Senator that is over two sentences.

No offense, Goldwater, but you're the Clarence Thomas of the Atlasian Senate. I have no idea why the Federalists renominated you, but the fact that you won reelection by virtue of having a pulse and a blue avatar is depressing. And unless someone is just PMing you when your vote is needed, I don't know how you have any fun playing the bystander in a game like this.

That's both weird and false and to say that.

False? Yep, Senator Goldwater is maybe not the most active senator, but I don't believe his performance is so bad, as some people pretend. I mean, he has only missed one vote since the beginning of the 62nd senate, that could have been better, but that's not bad. I will soon reveal my activity senate tracker, and only four senators have never missed a vote. And then, maybe he could me more active, but he still participates in some threads, mostly on foreign matters. Of course he could participate more, but he isn't  the only senator to be relatively discret. So I understand why some people are implying he's so terrible.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:21 AM »

Simfan was just nominated to be the wiki update guy, snowstalker being the legal advisor.

I, too don't have anything against simfan, and also have a well known pretty lax view on confirmations. Generally speaking, if someone turns up and isn't utterly appalling, I'll confirm, but simfan didn't turn up. If Dempgh nominates him again and he does turn up, I definitely might reconsider.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »

Simfan was just nominated to be the wiki update guy, snowstalker being the legal advisor.

I, too don't have anything against simfan, and also have a well known pretty lax view on confirmations. Generally speaking, if someone turns up and isn't utterly appalling, I'll confirm, but simfan didn't turn up. If Dempgh nominates him again and he does turn up, I definitely might reconsider.

Perhaps my view of the thing was distorted slightly by the fact that I didn't see the thread until after the vote had started, one reason why there were no questions asked save for by shua. Shua's question was the only one bothered to be asked before the vote was started and shua was satisfied enough to vote Aye upon Simfan's subsequent response. He also responded to the President's question as well. Had I voted at the start and not subsequent to those responses, I too would have voted NAy pending his response to the questions asked. However it looked like the concerns had been addressed and my concern was avoiding unnecessary delays with regards to the President's cabinet thus.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2014, 11:28:21 AM by Senator Goldwater »

Bullsh**t. Showing up to vote consistently doesn't make someone a good Senator, or even an engaged one.

Someone who contributes nothing to Senate debate has no reason to be here. Scan Goldwater's posting history on this board if you doubt me.

Note that he still hasn't commented on his vote here despite being asked; he only bothered making a self-pitying response about how he "doesn't have anything of value to add." He doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy.

By the way, what is the root of this idea that because someone isn't the worst, they must not be that bad? It seems to come up every time any Senator receives criticism over their activity.

For some odd reason I honestly thought I had made a post explaining my vote, but obviously I didn't. My apologies. Anyway, I was under the impression that Simfan was already GM and for some reason thought the reconfirmation was just a formality, so that why I voted the way I did. I realize that's probably not a very good reason, but that was the reason.

As for my other post, I would just like to clarify that it didn't come out the way I intended it to. I was tired and frustrated when I made that post, so I didn't realize at the time how self-pitying it was. Basically all I was trying to say was that my reason for not contributing more was that I had nothing to contribute. I know that's a BS excuse which does not justify my (lack of) actions, but I can't give you a batter reason. Honestly, my enthusiasm for this game has been decreasing rapidly throughout my second term as Senator, and it shows.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies