Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed)  (Read 2407 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: July 13, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »

AYE
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:14 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2014, 07:49:39 PM by Senator Goldwater »

Because Goldwater, like fellow Federalist DC Al Fine, is not interested in doing his job.

He's made only two posts on the FG board since the beginning of April (other than votes and some variation on "I support this" or "I oppose this"). This post from last week is the longest post that he's made since he swore in at the beginning of January, and the only one that he's made in seven months as a Senator that is over two sentences.

No offense, Goldwater, but you're the Clarence Thomas of the Atlasian Senate. I have no idea why the Federalists renominated you, but the fact that you won reelection by virtue of having a pulse and a blue avatar is depressing. And unless someone is just PMing you when your vote is needed, I don't know how you have any fun playing the bystander in a game like this.

I don't know. I guess I just feel like I don't have anything of value to add to most discussions. But don't worry, I won't be running for reelection next month, so the worst Senator ever will be out of your hair soon enough...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2014, 11:28:21 AM by Senator Goldwater »

Bullsh**t. Showing up to vote consistently doesn't make someone a good Senator, or even an engaged one.

Someone who contributes nothing to Senate debate has no reason to be here. Scan Goldwater's posting history on this board if you doubt me.

Note that he still hasn't commented on his vote here despite being asked; he only bothered making a self-pitying response about how he "doesn't have anything of value to add." He doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy.

By the way, what is the root of this idea that because someone isn't the worst, they must not be that bad? It seems to come up every time any Senator receives criticism over their activity.

For some odd reason I honestly thought I had made a post explaining my vote, but obviously I didn't. My apologies. Anyway, I was under the impression that Simfan was already GM and for some reason thought the reconfirmation was just a formality, so that why I voted the way I did. I realize that's probably not a very good reason, but that was the reason.

As for my other post, I would just like to clarify that it didn't come out the way I intended it to. I was tired and frustrated when I made that post, so I didn't realize at the time how self-pitying it was. Basically all I was trying to say was that my reason for not contributing more was that I had nothing to contribute. I know that's a BS excuse which does not justify my (lack of) actions, but I can't give you a batter reason. Honestly, my enthusiasm for this game has been decreasing rapidly throughout my second term as Senator, and it shows.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies