Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:18:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Simfan for Attorney General (Failed)  (Read 2429 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 14, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »

Simfan, what are your goals for this position?

To keep the Wiki up to date and give legal counsel to the administration.

Nay, I suppose, since he hasn't shown up

I wasn't aware that I'd have to be re-nominated. I hope you'll forgive my oversight.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »

Question:

When did you last put any statutes into the Wiki? I only ask because I know, even recently, that Maxwell has been helping with that.

In June, I believe.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »

This is unfortunate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »

Simfan would still be obliged to carry out certain legal duties as Attorney General even if he were to delegate most of the legal work to Deputy AG Snowstalker, but the fact that this position is at least nominally a legal one is not really what bothers me about what has happened here.

The issue is, of course, that no-one bothered letting me know that I actually was going to have to be renominated (although to your credit you did send me a PM about how you thought I would need to be) so I could keep an eye out for the thread or even just to tell me once the thread was started that people were asking questions (I recall Yankee doing this).

Obviously I'm not saying it's not my job to be on top of things but I was away for the weekend so I wasn't really on the forum all that much and I wasn't checking the Fantasy Government section for a thread I wasn't expecting to exist. Mea culpa, I suppose, but this could have avoided this had someone just kept me in the loop.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies